PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Notebook: Punter Kapinos' persistence pays off -- finally

stillers4me
12-11-2010, 07:26 AM
Saturday, December 11, 2010
By Bill Brink, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

By Week 14 of the NFL season, Jeremy Kapinos already had worked out for 12 teams. He signed with the Indianapolis Colts for one week. He came close to joining the Washington Redskins, but it didn't work out.

"You never know what it could lead to," Kapinos said. "Twelve weeks on the road, 12 different teams, different stadiums, practice facilities, met a bunch of coaches, so I've been all over the place."

After Steelers punter Daniel Sepulveda tore his anterior cruciate ligament in a 13-10 win against the Baltimore Ravens last weekend, Kapinos found a home. He worked out for the team and signed Tuesday with the Steelers.

"I had the opportunity to talk with Dan [Sepulveda] a bunch yesterday and pretty much all week," Kapinos said. "He's been very welcoming. It's unfortunate, definitely, because you never want to get work this way, but that's the reality of my situation as a journeyman."...........................

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10345/1110014-66.stm

steelreserve
12-11-2010, 06:32 PM
If he does a decent job, I'm all in favor of just keeping him permanently and wishing Sepulveda good luck. Sepulveda has been good, but not dominant or anything, and I could do without worrying every season about whether he's going to get injured again and we have to pick up a punter out of the garbage can.

Does anyone know if he's even expected to be ready in time for next year? I know a torn ACL takes a long time to recover from, and having it happen this late in the season gives me my doubts.

tube517
12-11-2010, 06:53 PM
Yeah, we should at least keep this guy's phone number on speed dial - unless he has a distant relative named Berger or Ernster.