PDA

View Full Version : Steelers receiver Emmanuel Sanders is starting to catch on

stillers4me
12-11-2010, 07:22 AM
By John Harris (jharris@tribweb.com), PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, December 11, 2010

Rookie receiver Emmanuel Sanders didn't want to wear No. 88 after the Steelers drafted him, and it had nothing to do with following in Lynn Swann's footsteps.
He said he didn't know who Swann was.

"I wanted a teen number," Sanders said. "Hines (Ward) said to me, 'Man, they gave you a legend. You've got big shoes to fill. I had no clue who (Swann) was, so I went and did my research and looked on YouTube and saw his accolades and his height and weight. It was similar to mine, and I was like, wow."

Lately, Sanders has been justifying the jersey.

Targeted six times in a must-win game against the Baltimore Ravens last weekend, Sanders caught three passes, two for first downs. His biggest play came in the third quarter on a 28-yard catch to the Ravens' 2-yard line.

Sanders made a rookie mistake when he didn't roll into the end zone before being touched down. The drive stalled, and the Steelers settled for a field goal.

"We're fresh out of college, still kind of on college rules a little bit. That's exactly what Coach (Mike) Tomlin is talking about,'' Sanders said. "He understands that we're performing, but we're also rookies, and there's gonna be some mistakes."
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_713274.html

SCSTILLER
12-11-2010, 07:40 AM
Glad to hear he's catching on and looks like we got a good one for the future. One thing bugs me about him and that is his little celebrations after an average catch (seems to do it everytime). Just get up and get back to the huddle, when you make a game winning catch then you can celebrate. That is just me though

43Hitman
12-11-2010, 07:42 AM
Hey Stillers, that link points to the forums, and not the article.

stillers4me
12-11-2010, 07:48 AM
Hey Stillers, that link points to the forums, and not the article.

Ooops!! fixed it!

stlrtruck
12-11-2010, 10:14 AM
I've got to correct the article, Sanders was touched on the leg by Ed Reed's leg when Reed jumped over him. The reply showed it very clearly.

Count Steeler
12-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Sanders is developing, just got to make sure he nabs and hangs on to the football. He has had a couple of key drops and a couple of fumbles. However, he is young and has a lot of upside as a receiver and return man.