PDA

View Full Version : Preliminary Game Day Forecast

HometownGal
12-10-2010, 08:42 PM
NOT GOOD. We are under a Winter Storm Watch and from early forecasts, could get anywhere from 2-6" of snow on Sunday afternoon into Monday. It is supposed to begin as rain in the morning and turn to snow in the early afternoon. If the storm tracks further south, we could get even more snow. If the forecast rings true, it will be a sloppy mess at Heinz Field on Sunday for the game. :horror:

For those traveling to Pittsburgh for the game - check the forecast again on Saturday afternoon/night and please be careful!!! :hug:

salamander
12-10-2010, 08:47 PM
You can send some of that snow out to the other side of the state. We're supposed to only get rain on Sunday.

Borski
12-10-2010, 08:56 PM
Sweet! I love snow games! Everyone drive safe though.

salamander
12-10-2010, 09:00 PM

Whenever I think of Steelers and snow, I think of the game against the Bears in '05 when the Bus had that awesome game and plowed through Urlacher.

DaRealGage
12-10-2010, 09:02 PM
I wonder if the snow will hit the little burg (Harrisburg)? Time to check the news lol.

salamander
12-10-2010, 09:08 PM
I wonder if the snow will hit the little burg (Harrisburg)? Time to check the news lol.

I don't think so. I live in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area and we're not supposed to get much snow at all on this side of the state.

Moose
12-10-2010, 09:08 PM
The weather sounds like good football weather--LOL ! I still think the nasty weather will benefit the Steeler's though because of our RB's. The bungholes only have Benson that could be the threat, but with 'butt chin' Palmer not being able to throw to T.O., Chad, and Shipley helps us. McFadden only gets toasted a few times in 60 minutes....LOL. Seriously, I can see Redman having a big, busy day !!

beSteelmyheart
12-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Me, too!! Advantage for the Steelers!

Merchant
12-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Perfect weather for some STEELER FOOTBALL

The Duke
12-10-2010, 11:23 PM
All this does is forecast a great game- The Mendenhall and Redman show

The field hasn't been used in a few weeks. Hopefully it holds up

steel9guy
12-11-2010, 12:53 AM
crap. I'm going to the Jets game. I wanted to go to a Snow game. Hopefully it does the same next week.

steelreserve
12-11-2010, 04:00 AM
I love it when they have snow games. The Steelers always win snow games.

Except, of course, the only one I went to, which was the AFCCG in '04 against Gay Brady and the Patriots. But it actually stopped snowing in the morning that day and was clear by the time they kicked off. So I guess it doesn't count as a snow game; only a regular game where it was -6 degrees and our keg froze.

steelerrob
12-11-2010, 04:40 AM
I'm just hoping it won't have too much of an effect on Ben, what with him wearing the visor and all.....

HometownGal
12-11-2010, 05:48 AM
I'm just hoping it won't have too much of an effect on Ben, what with him wearing the visor and all.....

Good point and I'm sure the Steelers equipment manager will have his hands full if we get the weather that is being forecast.

Both the Steelers and Bungles have played in adverse weather conditions many times before over the course of their careers so no team really has an advantage. I just hope the field holds up and that there are no more injuries. :pray:

BPS3akaWirels3
12-11-2010, 07:15 AM
ssued by The National Weather Service
Pittsburgh, PA
3:25 am EST, Sat., Dec. 11, 2010 ... WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY EVENING...
A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY EVENING.
A STRONG LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL SPREAD A WINTRY MIX ACROSS THE WATCH AREA SATURDAY NIGHT INTO SUNDAY. PRECIPITATION WILL CHANGE TO ALL SNOW SUNDAY AFTERNOON. WIDESPREAD SNOW SHOWERS WILL DEVELOP SUNDAY NIGHT AND MONDAY ALONG WITH STRONG WINDS. THIS WILL BRING BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW AS WELL AS QUITE COLD WIND CHILLS.
* ACCUMULATION: SNOWFALL FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY MAY BE GREATER THAN 8 INCHES.
* TIMING: SNOW WILL BEGIN SUNDAY AFTERNOON... INCREASING ON MONDAY.
* WINDS: WINDS WILL INCREASE TO WEST NORTHWEST AT 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 35 MPH BY SUNDAY NIGHT... PERSISTING THROUGH MONDAY. THIS WILL RESULT IN BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.
* VISIBILITIES: VISIBILITIES WILL BE REDUCED BELOW ONE MILE SUNDAY NIGHT AND MONDAY... WITH NEAR WHITEOUT CONDITIONS POSSIBLE IN HIGHER ELEVATIONS AT TIMES.

Bluecoat96
12-11-2010, 12:22 PM
ssued by The National Weather Service
Pittsburgh, PA
3:25 am EST, Sat., Dec. 11, 2010 ... WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY EVENING...
A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY EVENING.
A STRONG LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL SPREAD A WINTRY MIX ACROSS THE WATCH AREA SATURDAY NIGHT INTO SUNDAY. PRECIPITATION WILL CHANGE TO ALL SNOW SUNDAY AFTERNOON. WIDESPREAD SNOW SHOWERS WILL DEVELOP SUNDAY NIGHT AND MONDAY ALONG WITH STRONG WINDS. THIS WILL BRING BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW AS WELL AS QUITE COLD WIND CHILLS.
* ACCUMULATION: SNOWFALL FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY MAY BE GREATER THAN 8 INCHES.
* TIMING: SNOW WILL BEGIN SUNDAY AFTERNOON... INCREASING ON MONDAY.
* WINDS: WINDS WILL INCREASE TO WEST NORTHWEST AT 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 35 MPH BY SUNDAY NIGHT... PERSISTING THROUGH MONDAY. THIS WILL RESULT IN BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.
* VISIBILITIES: VISIBILITIES WILL BE REDUCED BELOW ONE MILE SUNDAY NIGHT AND MONDAY... WITH NEAR WHITEOUT CONDITIONS POSSIBLE IN HIGHER ELEVATIONS AT TIMES AND THE PATRIOTS* SUCK AND TOM BRADY IS GAY

You copied it wrong. You didn't get the entire text. I fixed it for you. You're welcome. :)

HometownGal
12-11-2010, 02:14 PM
I remember last February when we had that Nor'easter hitting the Burgh - they forecasted 3-6" and we ended up getting 2 feet. :lol:

I'm going to park my hiney in my house tomorrow afternoon and ain't leaving until Tuesday morning.

LLT
12-11-2010, 02:41 PM
Perfect weather for some STEELER FOOTBALL

Better yet...Chicago is supposed to get around 6 inches of snow. 30-50 mile an hour wind gusts, temperatures in the low to mid-teens at kickoff and wind chills in the single digits during the game.

New England had better be prepared to run the ball!!!!

ALLD
12-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Low of 43* and high of 77 on Sunday here, mostly sunny. Have to ride down to Ft. Laderdale to have dinner with my girlfriend's friends instead of going to the beach after the game.

tube517
12-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Agreed. Bettis running over Urkelacher is a great memory.

I'd like to see a heavy dose of Redman.

Whenever I think of Steelers and snow, I think of the game against the Bears in '05 when the Bus had that awesome game and plowed through Urlacher.

BlastFurnace
12-11-2010, 04:47 PM
With snow, I see a need for the snowplow...Isaac Redman

Galax Steeler
12-11-2010, 04:52 PM
I can't wait I want to see some snow football tomorrow.

polamalubeast
12-11-2010, 05:49 PM
I can't wait I want to see some snow football tomorrow.

http://http://www.sportsposterwarehouse.com/catImages/bettissnow05pf-1.jpg

http://cdn1.iofferphoto.com/img/item/146/039/907/SSe6ndcnMQhI2mC.jpg

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/81857455.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA54840B971726CB08CD9 C0CF53894707CD7D59CC49372B3F11ED

memphissteelergirl
12-11-2010, 06:10 PM
Hey y'all

Just saw on ABC news that Minneapolis got slammed! Is that what's headed your way? Is the game still on?

Moose
12-11-2010, 06:20 PM
I'm loving it !! Real football weather....no indoor climate. The same for BOTH teams. Our running game should prevail, which it sounds like will be a running the ball day. Redmond better be ready for a busy day !!

HometownGal
12-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Hey y'all

Just saw on ABC news that Minneapolis got slammed! Is that what's headed your way? Is the game still on?

Yep. Here is the radar at present. The system coming from MN coupled with the system coming up from the southwest and a huge system on the coast coming together. :horror:

http://www.accuweather.com/us/radar/sir/us_/radar.asp

86WARD
12-11-2010, 07:13 PM
LOVE snow games!

Borski
12-11-2010, 08:09 PM
Can't Wait!!!!

HometownGal
12-12-2010, 06:34 AM
Well - as usual, the forecast has changed. It is raining now and is supposed to rain until early afternoon and then we're supposed to get about an inch or two of snow today and tonight. Tomorrow and Tuesday, we're supposed to get another couple of inches. Looks like today, the field could be a slushy mess.

Pittsburgh, PA Weather Advisories, Watches & Warnings
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY
in effect until Tuesday, Dec 14, 7:00 AM
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM MONDAY TO 7 AM EST TUESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PITTSBURGH HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM MONDAY TO 7 AM EST TUESDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

A BLAST OF ARCTIC AIR WILL CROSS THE AREA MONDAY AND TUESDAY. THE VERY COLD TEMPERATURES WILL COMBINE WITH STRONG NORTHWEST WINDS AND PRODUCE SNOW SHOWERS. IN ADDITION...THE STRONG WINDS WILL ALSO BRING BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW AND VERY COLD WIND CHILLS.

* ACCUMULATION: SNOWFALL FROM EARLY MONDAY THROUGH EARLY TUESDAY OF 2 TO 5 INCHES.

* TIMING: SNOW WILL BEGIN EARLY MONDAY.

* WINDS: WEST NORTHWEST WINDS WILL INCREASE TO 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 30 MPH BY LATE TONIGHT...PERSISTING THROUGH MONDAY. THIS WILL RESULT IN BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.

* WIND CHILL: WIND CHILL READINGS WILL FALL TO NEAR ZERO MONDAY.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING. REPORT YOUR SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS TO THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BY CALLING TOLL FREE...1-877-633-6772.