PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Upset In Pittsburgh

steelpride12
12-10-2010, 03:33 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81cc3e3d/article/bengals-dolphins-could-get-big-road-upsets-in-week-14?module=HP_cp2

Bengals, Dolphins could get big road upsets in Week 14

X-Terminator
12-10-2010, 03:39 PM
If there is an upset, other than the Steelers getting caught looking ahead, the weather may also be a factor. Pittsburgh is under a Winter Storm Watch from Sunday afternoon through Monday with rain changing over to snow by Sunday afternoon, ending up with more than 6 inches of snow by Monday evening. So the field is going to be an absolute mess. You know what they say...weather can be the great equalizer.

Edman
12-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Big Win previous week + Sloppy Weather + Arians inconsistency + Divisional Game + Bad Opponent = Probable Disadvantage for Pittsburgh.

Count Steeler
12-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Definitely another close affair, considering the injuries and the emotional let down after lasts week win. But I still think the Steelers are good for a win, probably run alot more this Sunday. I look for the defense to defend Big Ben and put some hits on soft TO.

BuddhaBus
12-10-2010, 04:23 PM
The only things that will get upset in Pittsburgh this Sunday will be Cinci's 2 diva bitch WRs when they get their asses pounded yet again! PREPARE FOR THE HISSY FITS!!!!!

Steel
12-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Classic trap game if there ever was one. I'm hoping Tomlin gets the boys pumped up and ready to play. Maybe he will keep BA in check as I would love to go one game without shaking my head in disbelief about the play calling........

Burghfan58
12-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Tomlin has done a good job of getting these guys up each week with no letdowns like last season. I'm confident he will do the same this week.

Dino 6 Rings
12-10-2010, 04:57 PM
The only things that will get upset in Pittsburgh this Sunday will be Cinci's 2 diva bitch WRs when they get their asses pounded yet again! PREPARE FOR THE HISSY FITS!!!!!

THIS!!!!

BlastFurnace
12-10-2010, 05:15 PM
The Steelers are facing a team that has had problems beating teams in perfect weather. I don't know why there is so much concern about the Bengals.

stillers4me
12-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Adam Schein: "There's a zero percent chance the Bengals will win this game."

salamander
12-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Adam Schein: "There's a zero percent chance the Bengals will win this game."

Works for me.

Moose
12-10-2010, 06:13 PM
I would think the 'bad weather' prediction would benefit the Steeler's. You have to figure the only RB that is decent is C. Benson. With bad weather predicted that means the throwing game may be on hold....meaning T.O., Loudmouth Chad and Shipley will have limited play. On the other hand we have a few damn fine RB's that could bust it open !! I think I'll hope for the bad weather so their WR's are limited and McFadden won't kill us ! Just my opinion.

Psycho Ward 86
12-10-2010, 09:57 PM
Good joke.

Merchant
12-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Seems like every game where we're the favorites is a "classic trap game." Our boys are disciplined, they're not looking ahead to anyone. Tomlin's making sure of that.

I'm feeling good about this one.

X-Terminator
12-10-2010, 10:21 PM
The Steelers are facing a team that has had problems beating teams in perfect weather. I don't know why there is so much concern about the Bengals.

Because it's been the Steelers' MO over the years, even under Cowher, to have problems with bad teams? I don't know. I'm expecting a letdown after such an emotional game last week.

Edman
12-11-2010, 12:11 AM
Just a few weeks ago the Steelers won a overtime thriller over a two-win Bills team after destroying the hot Raiders the previous week. I knew right before that game we were in for a trap game, sure enough we were. If Steve Johnson doesn't get alligator arms we lose. Granted the Bills are better than their record shows, but we struggled against them regardless.

We don't play well against bad teams. We just don't. I don't know what causes a severe mentalblock amongst the team when we play bad teams, but all I know is that we don't play well against them.

HometownGal
12-11-2010, 05:45 AM
As long as Lebeau continues to listen to Farrior and his unit, we'll be just fine. :heh:

No matter what the weather, the Steelers O has to put points on the board and the D has to put pressure on Cartoon for 60 minutes, not 30. Our run D is strong so I don't believe Benson is going to go anywhere, forcing the Bungles to throw.

Though this game definitely does have trap written all over it, I believe Tomlin and the coaches will have these guys up for this game and they'll come out ready to kick some Bungle ass. :tt02:

VTsteel
12-11-2010, 08:12 AM
Classic trap game if there ever was one. I'm hoping Tomlin gets the boys pumped up and ready to play. Maybe he will keep BA in check as I would love to go one game without shaking my head in disbelief about the play calling........

:huh: - Really? You didn't think the play calling and gameplan last week was any good?

IMO - The gameplan and plays called (considering our injuries and available talent) was top notch.

Kittyfish
12-11-2010, 08:17 AM
I admit I am a bit worried about this game (which is good news; when I'm feeling confident, we usually lose). It's easy to point and laugh at a two-win team and discount their drive and abilities. Remember, we had trouble against the Bills, and honestly they are a much better team than their record indicates. There's nothing the Bengals would enjoy more than knocking us off the top perch. (Same goes for the Browns.) Though I did hear some Steelers acknowledge that last Sunday's win against the Ravens would mean nothing if they lost to the Bengals, so hopefully they are taking this game just as seriously. It probably helps that the Bengals nearly stole the last game between them at the last minute - you gotta keep on your toes! I hope they take nothing for granted.

st33lersguy
12-11-2010, 09:11 AM
If the steelers pull up partway through the game and give the bengals a dozen oppurtnities to win the game then the steelers will lose

fansince'76
12-11-2010, 09:37 AM
I'm expecting a letdown after such an emotional game last week.

That's what I'm worried about as well. Couple that with a Bengals team with nothing but pride to play for which will probably treat this game like their Super Bowl and we could be in for a very difficult game.

SteelerFanInStl
12-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Trap schmap. It's a divisional game that we have to win. If we don't show up ready to win, then we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. There should be added incentive to beat the Bengals after losing to them twice last year and having a close game against them earlier this year.

If the weather is bad, it helps us. They need the passing game to have a chance because they're not gonna run on us. If our D keeps the pressure on Carson and the O takes care of the ball, we'll win easy.

Burghfan58
12-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Forecast is for windy rainy/snowy conditions. That doesn't bode well for the passing game. I like our chances running the rock better than Cincys.

LLT
12-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Big Win previous week + Sloppy Weather + Arians inconsistency + Divisional Game + Bad Opponent = Probable Disadvantage for Pittsburgh.

I dont know......bad weather usually forced teams to keep it on the ground. I have more faith in our running backs being able to run against the 24th ranked Bengals run defense, then I have in the Bengals running backs being able to run against the #1 ranked Steelers run defense.

stlrtruck
12-11-2010, 10:15 AM
There should only be three upsets come Sunday night:

Caution Palmer
Ocho-Stinko
Tearing Up Owens

st33lersguy
12-11-2010, 11:28 AM
I dont know......bad weather usually forced teams to keep it on the ground. I have more faith in our running backs being able to run against the 24th ranked Bengals run defense, then I have in the Bengals running backs being able to run against the #1 ranked Steelers run defense.

Watch Airhead Arians go in empty backfield shotgun if the weather is bad

steel striker
12-11-2010, 12:19 PM
This one won't be easy but, I still think we will get the win. I think Mendy will have a big game.

HometownGal
12-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Watch Airhead Arians go in empty backfield shotgun if the weather is bad

Get that resume in buddy - the Steelers are waiting with baited breath. :coffee:

Moose
12-11-2010, 06:16 PM
I agree 100% with you 'SteelerfaninStl', last week's game should have NOTHING to do with them this week. The BS of last week's game being a 'strain' on them is just plain pathetic. If they can't handle the pressure and drain of a big game then find another profession. We all have big, pressure filled days here and there at work, but that's not an excuse to take a few days off....try it and see how many days you're employed. It comes with the job. Now, cincy is a division team, we are only 1 game up with the rat's breathing down our backs. One screw up and we are right back being tied again, a couple screw up's and we could find ourselves hoping for a wildcard spot, if THAT isn't enough reason for our guys to come out of the tunnel smoking hot Sunday and wanting some bunghole butt on a stick....all day long, then they don't deserve the 1st place role. Hit 'em hard early, and all day long...run the score up and let those pathetic bungholes know what a #1 team ass beaten feels like. It's our house, our division !! NO....I'm not accepting the excuse of 'overlooking them', or we were 'drained from last weeks game'.

beSteelmyheart
12-11-2010, 08:29 PM
I admit I am a bit worried about this game (which is good news; when I'm feeling confident, we usually lose). It's easy to point and laugh at a two-win team and discount their drive and abilities. Remember, we had trouble against the Bills, and honestly they are a much better team than their record indicates. There's nothing the Bengals would enjoy more than knocking us off the top perch. (Same goes for the Browns.) Though I did hear some Steelers acknowledge that last Sunday's win against the Ravens would mean nothing if they lost to the Bengals, so hopefully they are taking this game just as seriously. It probably helps that the Bengals nearly stole the last game between them at the last minute - you gotta keep on your toes! I hope they take nothing for granted.

Great post, I couldn't have said it any better! To just discount the Bengals & check it off as an automatic win is a very bad idea. That's when the Steelers usually lose.

st33lersguy
12-11-2010, 08:33 PM
I agree 100% with you 'SteelerfaninStl', last week's game should have NOTHING to do with them this week. The BS of last week's game being a 'strain' on them is just plain pathetic. If they can't handle the pressure and drain of a big game then find another profession. We all have big, pressure filled days here and there at work, but that's not an excuse to take a few days off....try it and see how many days you're employed. It comes with the job. Now, cincy is a division team, we are only 1 game up with the rat's breathing down our backs. One screw up and we are right back being tied again, a couple screw up's and we could find ourselves hoping for a wildcard spot, if THAT isn't enough reason for our guys to come out of the tunnel smoking hot Sunday and wanting some bunghole butt on a stick....all day long, then they don't deserve the 1st place role. Hit 'em hard early, and all day long...run the score up and let those pathetic bungholes know what a #1 team ass beaten feels like. It's our house, our division !! NO....I'm not accepting the excuse of 'overlooking them', or we were 'drained from last weeks game'.

Exactly

Doc
12-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Moose is wise.

steelerdude15
12-11-2010, 10:54 PM
We just can't sleep on them. If D shows up, we should be fine. We need to run the ball and play tough D tomorrow.