PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Adams confident he'll play vs. Bengals

stillers4me
12-09-2010, 05:22 AM
By Mark Kaboly (mkaboly@dailynewsemail.com), TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, December 9, 2010
• Heath Miller isn't quite sure if he will be cleared in time to play Sunday against the Bengals after suffering his first concussion, but right tackle Flozell Adams is very sure that he will be in the starting lineup. Miller said he's feeling fine after getting hit in the head by Baltimore's Jameel McClain but will wait until he makes a decision about playing against the Bengals. Adams left the game in the second half with what was called a mild high ankle sprain. He said yesterday that he will be in the starting lineup Sunday. "After I got treatment the past couple days, I know I'll be ready to go on Sunday," Adams said.....................................

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_712864.html

HometownGal
12-09-2010, 06:50 AM
I'd love to see the Hotel back in the lineup against the Bungles, but I'd really prefer it if Heath sits it out this week just to be on the safe side.

Texasteel
12-09-2010, 07:05 AM
Finally, some good news for our OL. I do wish it was Colon coming back though.

I agree that I don't think I want Miller to play. The hit still scares me, and the fact that he doesn't remember the play scares me more. You know damn well that the inmates in Cincy would be gunning for him. 3/4 of that team would gladly pay a little money to put Miller out permanently. I mean, it's not like they are going to get flagged for it.

7willBheaven
12-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Good to hear about Adams...however and I feel the same with Heath...I'd rather them be really ready to go and not risk further injury...they can both sit out this week if need be. I think Spaeth/Johnson and Essex can handle the Bengals.

BlastFurnace
12-09-2010, 04:00 PM
C'mon back Big Man.

fansince'76
12-09-2010, 06:16 PM
It'd be great if Adams can go Sunday. :applaudit:

Woodson_DownUnder
12-09-2010, 07:36 PM
I'd love to see the Hotel back in the lineup against the Bungles, but I'd really prefer it if Heath sits it out this week just to be on the safe side.

I agree. Besides Matt Spaeth returns this week. Pleased to see #85 David Johnson get touches last week. Secure and willing to step up! That block (along with Heath's) on the Falcons D-Line to allow Mendenhall to burst thru for the 50 yard dash in the season opener (which I filmed personally) made the difference in the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsyZaJr_rMM

Psycho Ward 86
12-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Not sure Im happy or sad about this. On one hand, i dont want to see our ragtag unit get owned even more than they already have, but on the other hand i dont want to see The Hotel get injured even more in a game that we will probably win anyways.