PDA

View Full Version : Ward feels vindicated by fines levied against Ravens

stillers4me
12-09-2010, 05:20 AM
By Mark Kaboly (mkaboly@dailynewsemail.com), TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hines Ward is happy other NFL teams are getting a taste of what the Steelers have had to deal with virtually the entire season — getting fined.

The veteran wide receiver was reassured that the Steelers aren't being targeted by the NFL after learning that two Baltimore Ravens players were fined a combined $55,000.
Baltimore's Jameel McClain was fined $40,000 for knocking out a defenseless Heath Miller, and Haloti Ngata was docked $15,000 for breaking Ben Roethlisberger's nose.

"It's finally nice to see somebody (else) getting fined," Ward said. "I don't know if we are happy about it, but at least somebody else is getting targeted.".......................

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_712863.html

HometownGal
12-09-2010, 07:01 AM
Hines and I are definitely on the same page. I've been B & M'ing about the lack of consistency the league and refs are showing and all I want to see is fairness and parity all the way around, which isn't the case at present.

The ONLY reason why McClain and Ngata were fined is because "The Don" was in attendance at that game and I'm sure was dialing Goodumbell's number as the last second ticked off that clock on Sunday night. No doubt in my mind Mr. Rooney gave Goodumbell an earful. If McClain and Ngata had not been fined, Goodumbell would have had hell to pay and though I think his diet consists of a bowl of stupid every morning for breakfast, he realized that if he didn't do something, he was going to face the wrath of The Don. Though overall I think Goodbumbell is a bumbling idiot, he must have stumbled upon a smidgeon of a brain cell on Monday morning and decided it was in his own best interests to levy those fines, both of which were well deserved imho.

stlrtruck
12-09-2010, 09:49 AM
While I agree with what Ward is saying, and it's poetic justice that Harbaugh now has a sense of what Steelers fans and players were questioning back in Week 6 (welcome to the big boys coach), it still doesn't settle the rising problem.

How are the owners and players going to get this settled in the new CBA? This is no longer about the Steelers being singled out. The problem is on a much grander scale. Problem 1 is how do you make the commissioner realize that this is football, bang-bang plays happen, and players get injured. Problem 2 is how do you get officials in place that understand the rules and can call them with consistency and integrity (yeah that same intergrity of the game Der Kommish was adamant about maintaining when he took office)!?