PDA

View Full Version : Can't imagine Tomlin ever doing this

Burghfan58
12-08-2010, 04:11 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Baltimore-Ravens-coach-John-Harbaugh-tells-fans-find-another-team-120810
Harbaugh is losing it. This loss is really getting to him.

tube517
12-08-2010, 04:23 PM
http://thegrandchawhee.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/crybaby2.jpg

beSteelmyheart
12-08-2010, 04:25 PM
That just warms the cockles of my heart. As long as the disgruntled "fans" don't jump onto our bandwagon.

ALLD
12-08-2010, 04:51 PM
I bet the GM had a word with him. You cannot argue with the fans, that was completely unprofessional and borderline fineable by the team.

The bottom line is we beat them and it cut deeply. They had everything going for them like homefield, the refs, and better health, but the Steelers won anyway in a game that will be replayed many times over the years and they cannot deal with it. And Harbaugh is an asshole, his brother has some class though.

SteelerChick
12-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Nope, Tomlin would never lose his cool like that and crazy as we are, he LOVES Steeler Nation!

Dino 6 Rings
12-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Poor guy...falling apart at the seems.

Dino 6 Rings
12-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Tomlin would say something like "We know the fans have higher expectations and expect us to win these games, because we expect to win these games. We owe it to the fans and to ourselves to live up to our ability and play to a higher level."

Harbaugh "go root for a different team"

tube517
12-08-2010, 05:02 PM
"This isn't the fans' first rodeo at this juncture. We will enter every hostile environment defending every blade of grass. The most violent team always wins. I don't work in New York, I work in Pittsburgh where the standard is the standard and we always have starters in waiting. Such is life in the NFL"

Tomlin would say something like "We know the fans have higher expectations and expect us to win these games, because we expect to win these games. We owe it to the fans and to ourselves to live up to our ability and play to a higher level."

Count Steeler
12-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Hope the Texans put up 35 on them this week. Too busy looking back, they will forget to see what is coming. Go get em Schaub.

Edman
12-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Let's face it, the Ravens knew that their window isn't going to be open much longer. The cornerstones of their franchise Ray and Reed are getting up in years. Who knows how much they have left in the tank.

With Flacco entering his third year, the Rats were aggressive in free agency grabbing up Boldin and Housh to boost their Offense with weapons. They have a solid O-Line. A solid Running game with Rice coming off a great year in 2009. They knew their time to make a Super Bowl run was now. It was now or never this season. The Ravens are going all in or bust.

Things were looking rosy for them going into this game. They had already beaten Pittsburgh at Heinz back in Week 4, and now they were coming to their place. Ravens fans circled this date on their calender. The scenario couldn't be any more perfect. The Steelers were ravaged with injuries and they were healthy. They had Pittsburgh right where they wanted them. In their place on Sunday Night Primetime. They were going to exorcise their Steelers demons in a special night. This was their time to party. This was their moment. They were going to destroy the hated Steelers. All their offseason expectations and hype came down to this game.

Three hours and four football quarters later, the Steelers stood victorious in front of a record crowd of 70,000+ at M&T Bank Stadium. The Mighty Baltimore Ravens have been stunned. Their first home loss of the season, and an eight game home winning streak snapped. Once having a firm hold on the AFC North, they are once again battling for a Wildcard spot. In the post game, Derrick Mason snapped, and now we have John Harbaugh lashing out at the fans, frustrated that their dreams have been dashed once again at the hands of their nemesis.

For their sake, they better get over it soon, or else Houston will make their pain worse.

steelerdude15
12-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Believe me, it's typical of Raven fans to question and bash people on the team. I remember last year when the Ravens were 3-0, Harbaugh was being praised as the best coach in the NFL by the fans and when they lost the next three games, people were questioning him and wondering why he was even there. They complain about Joe when he's doing bad, but he's God when he's good. The only player they don't bash if he's not doing good is Ray Lewis.

Slanted August
12-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Let's face it, the Ravens knew that their window isn't going to be open much longer. The cornerstones of their franchise Ray and Reed are getting up in years. Who knows how much they have left in the tank.

With Flacco entering his third year, the Rats were aggressive in free agency grabbing up Boldin and Housh to boost their Offense with weapons. They have a solid O-Line. A solid Running game with Rice coming off a great year in 2009. They knew their time to make a Super Bowl run was now. It was now or never this season. The Ravens are going all in or bust.

Things were looking rosy for them going into this game. They had already beaten Pittsburgh at Heinz back in Week 4, and now they were coming to their place. Ravens fans circled this date on their calender. The scenario couldn't be any more perfect. The Steelers were ravaged with injuries and they were healthy. They had Pittsburgh right where they wanted them. In their place on Sunday Night Primetime. They were going to exorcise their Steelers demons in a special night. This was their time to party. This was their moment. They were going to destroy the hated Steelers. All their offseason expectations and hype came down to this game.

Three hours and four football quarters later, the Steelers stood victorious in front of a record crowd of 70,000+ at M&T Bank Stadium. The Mighty Baltimore Ravens have been stunned. Their first home loss of the season, and an eight game home winning streak snapped. Once having a firm hold on the AFC North, they are once again battling for a Wildcard spot. In the post game, Derrick Mason snapped, and now we have John Harbaugh lashing out at the fans, frustrated that their dreams have been dashed once again at the hands of their nemesis.

For their sake, they better get over it soon, or else Houston will make their pain worse.

Well said...
Like so many others have stated this has to be one of the most satisfying wins given the circumstances I have ever experienced as a fan. Right up there with the 2005 Indy game and the Steeler win against the Pats on Halloween.

ALLD
12-08-2010, 06:59 PM
The 2008 AFC Championship when we beat them on Troy's pick6 and Clark sending Magahee into the next dimension was just as satisfying. Does anybody in the league realize these are some of the best games played in modern times? How entertaining was the Pats/Jets game if you aren't a Pat fan or a homersexual?

Raleigh Steel
12-08-2010, 07:50 PM
as fans we have the right to complain about whatever the hell we want to complain about. being a head coach in the NFL, you gotta have thicker skin than that. if he was BA he would have thrown himself off the 9th street bridge by now.

amazing that a coach who has a team that is supposed to be tough, he certainly is a whiny be-otch! man up coach, or go coach soccer...where nobody cares what you do.

fansince'76
12-08-2010, 07:58 PM
"This isn't the fans' first rodeo at this juncture. We will enter every hostile environment defending every blade of grass. The most violent team always wins. I don't work in New York, I work in Pittsburgh where the standard is the standard and we always have starters in waiting. Such is life in the NFL"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Butch
12-08-2010, 08:04 PM
as fans we have the right to complain about whatever the hell we want to complain about. being a head coach in the NFL, you gotta have thicker skin than that. if he was BA he would have thrown himself off the 9th street bridge by now.

amazing that a coach who has a team that is supposed to be tough, he certainly is a whiny be-otch! man up coach, or go coach soccer...where nobody cares what you do.

Exactly!!!

Merchant
12-08-2010, 08:38 PM

LOLLL

-loses it-

Chidi29
12-08-2010, 08:59 PM
I know he isn't a coach, but James Harrison said nearly the same thing. Didn't we cheer him for it?

Just saying...

zulater
12-08-2010, 09:51 PM
I've lost a lot of respect for Harbaugh in the last 3 days. Starting with his pre game interview on NBC, his press conference after the game, and now this, he really comes off as an ass.

zulater
12-08-2010, 09:56 PM
I know he isn't a coach, but James Harrison said nearly the same thing. Didn't we cheer him for it?

Just saying...

I really don't think you expect or want your head coach to answer the same way you'd anticipate James Harrison to answer an inflammatory question, or handle a volatile situation the same.

Nothing against James, but he doesn't exactly come off as a head coach in the making.

Now if it was Potsie.....

tube517
12-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Was James talking to the fans or the media??? Tomlin said something like he was annoyed with " the premature reporting of our death" to the media NOT the fans. I have never heard any current Steeler player or coach blast the fans for criticizing the team.

Just saying...

SteelMember
12-09-2010, 07:07 AM
Was James talking to the fans or the media??? Tomlin said something like he was annoyed with " the premature reporting of our death" to the media NOT the fans. I have never heard any Steeler player or coach blast the fans for criticizing the team.

Jeff Reed... and look what that got him. :buttkick:

HometownGal
12-09-2010, 07:37 AM
Harbaugh "go root for a different team"

I think he may be Mod material here. :heh: :thumbsup:

Though he does come across at first glance as a whiny little simp, I really can't blame the guy for his attitude towards the fans. Some fans of professional sports teams are just plain brutal and cruel - I've seen it with a portion of our own fan base after a loss. Fire this one, fire that one, this one sucks, blah, blah, blah. Wishing players die in a fire (which was posted on our own board several times by a member), death threats, etc. :horror: Though I loathe the Rats, there is no doubt in my mind that they went out there on Sunday night with the same intention as our guys - to WIN. Unfortunately for them, they came up on the short end of the stick. :applaudit: Though I am about as huge a Steelers and Pens fan as there is out there, common sense tells me that my teams aren't going to win every game and are going to have bad games and suffer a heartbreaker of a loss here and there. Imho, some fans take professional sports way too seriously.

SteelMember
12-09-2010, 07:59 AM
HARBUGHS A DAM BUM!!! FIRE HIS ASS!!! HE SUCKS!!! WE DEMAND SATISFACTION....AND A WIN!!!!

:nervous:

:chuckle:

X-Terminator
12-09-2010, 08:08 AM
I think he may be Mod material here. :heh: :thumbsup:

Though he does come across at first glance as a whiny little simp, I really can't blame the guy for his attitude towards the fans. Some fans of professional sports teams are just plain brutal and cruel - I've seen it with a portion of our own fan base after a loss. Fire this one, fire that one, this one sucks, blah, blah, blah. Wishing players die in a fire (which was posted on our own board several times by a member), death threats, etc. :horror: Though I loathe the Rats, there is no doubt in my mind that they went out there on Sunday night with the same intention as our guys - to WIN. Unfortunately for them, they came up on the short end of the stick. :applaudit: Though I am about as huge a Steelers and Pens fan as there is out there, common sense tells me that my teams aren't going to win every game and are going to have bad games and suffer a heartbreaker of a loss here and there. Imho, some fans take professional sports way too seriously.

Ain't that the truth. Just think back to this very board after the Steelers lost to the Pats. The way some people acted, you'd have thought they shot their dog, punched their mama in the mouth and spit in their face. It's just a game, people!

BlastFurnace
12-09-2010, 08:19 AM
Sounds like Coach needed to give himself the 24 hour rule and cool off after a hard loss.

SteelGhost
12-09-2010, 09:42 AM
The 2008 AFC Championship when we beat them on Troy's pick6 and Clark sending Magahee into the next dimension was just as satisfying. Does anybody in the league realize these are some of the best games played in modern times? How entertaining was the Pats/Jets game if you aren't a Pat fan or a homersexual?

... or a top model ? :chuckle:

GodfatherofSoul
12-09-2010, 10:10 AM
WTF is wrong with that organization? Maybe they've been hyping this game and starting to believe their own talk? Major overreaction to a single close loss. Then again, hopefully they'll have a hangover and crap themselves the rest of the season.

Dino 6 Rings
12-09-2010, 11:48 AM
this is a clear example of why you don't look ahead or circle any games. You focus on the task at hand in front of you and go out each week with the same mindset, to "Crush Your Enemey, See Them Driven Before You, and Hear the Lamentation of their Women." Conan.

This way, if you lose a tough game to a tough team, you can regroup and say "we'll get them next time" Now, it is in their skulls that Ben and the Steelers beat them in Every Single Meaningful Game we ever play in. Everyone single one of them. Week 4 win means shiiiit. Week 12 with both teams at 8-3...is a Soul Killer, if you put too much into and circle it early.

tube517
12-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Jeff Reed... and look what that got him. :buttkick:

He's just a kicker. Nobody gives a crap what they think. Unless they own stock in towel dispensers.

HometownGal
12-09-2010, 03:30 PM
Major overreaction to a single close loss.

I think their fans are overreacting more than Harbaugh. We haven't clinched the division yet though with a win against the Bungles on Sunday, we will clinch a playoff berth. With regard to Harbaugh's "overreaction" - this wasn't just a single close loss for him. It was a loss to a division rival - THE rival who knocked them out of first place in the division and gave their playoff hopes a little kick in the naa nas. THE rival QB who owns their asses. THE "hair" they refuse to acknowledge they fear. They thought going into the game that they were going to win the game before either team stepped onto the field and had the division title locked but found out the hard way that premature ejaculation is good for nothing but making a mess. :heh: :tt02:

BPS3akaWirels3
12-09-2010, 03:34 PM
That just warms the cockles of my heart. As long as the disgruntled "fans" don't jump onto our bandwagon.

http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/375809003/SBXLChampsTerribleTowel_normal.jpg
Terrible_Towel (http://twitter.com/#%21/Terrible_Towel) The Terrible Towel

RT: @nickrosenfeldt (http://twitter.com/nickrosenfeldt) Thinking about buying a #TerribleTowel (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23TerribleTowel). I am not kidding. I have had enough of this franchise. http://bit.ly/fqbz2C

:sofunny::sofunny:

23 hours ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/Terrible_Towel/status/12625930316939264) Favorite (http://twitter.com/#) Retweet (http://twitter.com/#) Reply (http://twitter.com/#)

Chidi29
12-09-2010, 04:52 PM
I really don't think you expect or want your head coach to answer the same way you'd anticipate James Harrison to answer an inflammatory question, or handle a volatile situation the same.

Nothing against James, but he doesn't exactly come off as a head coach in the making.

Now if it was Potsie.....

And I agree. But if I find it hard not to see some level on hypocrisy when a fan (not talking about anyone in particular, I really don't remember specific names) cheers James for saying one thing but bashes Harbaugh for saying something similar.