PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Ben fan story!

stillers4me
12-08-2010, 03:26 PM
December 8th, 2010 by admin (http://bigben7.com/author/admin/)
This story comes from Robert Rangel of Grove City, California. He and his son Jonathan (photo below) took a cross-country trip to Baltimore on Sunday to watch the Steelers play the Ravens.

From Mr. Rangel:

http://bigben7.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/jonathanrangel_dec52010.jpg (http://bigben7.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/jonathanrangel_dec52010.jpg)

I just want to publicly thank Ben for tossing the game ball to my son Jonathan on Sunday night as he walked off the field in Baltimore.

It was so cold the entire stadium emptied out before Ben left the field except for about six Steeler fans and a bunch of security guys.

We didn’t even know he was still out there. We just wanted to cheer the team after the game. We saw Mike Wallace walking off the field and were just saying things like “Great game!”, when all of a sudden we saw Ben approaching. He looked real tired, and I am sure he was hurting pretty bad. The crowd had been really mean to him all night long, so my son made a point of just yelling things like “Great game!” and “Way to go, Ben!”, and since we were just about alone in the stands next to the tunnel, it was easy for him to see who was yelling.

All I remember was Ben cracking a big smile (broken nose and all) and then tossing Jonathan the ball he had been holding since taking a knee to end the game. We couldn’t believe it. Jonathan, a former HS football player, hugged the ball between both arms like a running back while trying not to drop it as we waded through thousands of Raven fans leaving the stadium. By the time we walked back to our hotel, we saw a post-game video that showed Ben holding the ball while shaking Flacco’s hand and then while being interviewed on the field.............

....................... Attached is a photo of Jonathan holding the ball. Not ever going to see this ball on e-Bay or anywhere else. We are going to get a case for it and display it with the tickets and program.

More than that, we will tell and re-tell the story of a great game and a great QB who took the time to make us smile.

Ben, your gesture will always be remembered by two lifelong West Coast Steeler fans. Thank you, thank you, thank you...............

http://bigben7.com/

HometownGal
12-08-2010, 03:29 PM
We all know Big Ben the Godsend tossed that ball to the kid because his Mom has big tatas. :heh:

What a great story! :thumbsup: Contrary to some of the stories floating around out there, I've been at umpteen Steelers TC's and Ben has always been very nice with the fans and particularly the little ones.

solardave
12-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Great story. Jonathan looks like Troy with his hair pulled back.

7SteelGal43
12-08-2010, 03:35 PM
That is MOST awesome !

GodfatherofSoul
12-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Great story! You can get it autographed. Write a letter telling the story and send the ball, with a self-addressed and postage applied return package, to the stadium and ask for Ben's autograph. Maybe include a picture of your son as well. A friend of mine was sitting in the end zone when Hines scored a TD a few years back, and got the ball autographed this same way.

fansince'76
12-08-2010, 03:49 PM
We all know Big Ben the Godsend tossed that ball to the kid because his Mom has big tatas.

All hail "Saint Ben!" :nw: :nw: :nw:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

stillers4me
12-08-2010, 03:57 PM
I can't even imagine how shitty he must have been feeling by the time that game was over. Really nice gesture, he obviously meant to keep the ball for himself but I bet that guy will treasure it even more!

Burghfan58
12-08-2010, 04:04 PM
This can't be true Ben is a terrible person.

Devilsdancefloor
12-08-2010, 04:14 PM
great gesture! Im sure he felt like crap warmed over after the game. I hope he treasures it like he said in the article

steelerdude15
12-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Good story and I'm glad we got to see it.

Butch
12-08-2010, 07:44 PM
that''s how you be Great!!!

siss
12-08-2010, 08:25 PM
That "kid" is like in his 20's. I thought it was a teenager at first. But then the owner of BR7 told me the "kid" was an adult.
Which actually makes the story even better because it wasn't a kid he gave it to, he gave it to an adult....I bet Ben thought the guy was a teenager as well though.

GutterflowerSteel
12-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Nice story that won't see the light of day in the mainstream media - it's too positive lol Love that big grin on Jonathan's face - he'll remember this to the end of his days :tt02:

NCSteeler
12-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Where's Jeremy when you need him?? Ya'll know Ben is a lousy POS, always treats the fans like crap......

Glad they have an awesome memory and story to tell.

stlrtruck
12-08-2010, 09:38 PM
We all know Big Ben the Godsend tossed that ball to the kid because his Mom has big tatas. :heh:

What a great story! :thumbsup: Contrary to some of the stories floating around out there, I've been at umpteen Steelers TC's and Ben has always been very nice with the fans and particularly the little ones.

there you go stirring the pot HTG. You know some media outlet is going to get a hold of your 'rendition' of the story and make it a head liner!