PDA

View Full Version : Steelers think Ravens targeted Harrison

stillers4me
12-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Wednesday, December 08, 2010
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201012/scrum_500.jpg
Geoff Burke/Getty Images
Referees break up a scuffle between the Steelers and Baltimore Ravens during the Sunday night's game in Baltimore. The scrum ensued after a Ravens lineman fired out early on James Harrison; Steelers players feel the act was a deliberate attempt to provoke Harrison.

The Steelers not only think linebacker James Harrison has been targeted by National Football League officials; they think he was targeted by the Baltimore Ravens, as well.
Harrison and several Steelers players are upset over a false-start penalty against Ravens guard Chris Chester on an extra point Sunday night that, they say, wasn't as harmless as it might appear.

Harrison said he thinks Chester was deliberately trying to hit him or perhaps even injure him because Chester fired out on the play -- something offensive linemen are not taught to do on extra points or field goals.

"Of course it was deliberate," Harrison said today in the Steelers locker room. "There's no way that happens on an extra point because [offensive linemen] don't shoot out. It's obvious it was blatant. It was on purpose."........................

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10342/1109230-66.stm

HometownGal
12-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Nothing surprises me about those dirtbags, but as Keisel stated - the Steelers smacked them in the chops and had the last laugh. :lol:

stillers4me
12-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Keep dissing my boys!! They won't stop until they hoist that big ole trophy above their heads!!

solardave
12-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Stupid is as stupid does!!

steeldevil
12-08-2010, 04:33 PM
I honestly thought this when it happened live...

SteelerFanInStl
12-08-2010, 06:57 PM
And James got the last laugh by just backing off.

Merchant
12-08-2010, 08:40 PM
I was actually pretty surprised James kept his cool. But yeah, that was definitely a cheap shot.

steelerdude15
12-08-2010, 08:43 PM
You know, I sometimes wish our players would just SHHHHH! I'm starting to get sick of hearing we're being targeted by our own players. Just play the game and get ready for the playoffs. Maybe it's just me, I'm laissez-faire about things.

NCSteeler
12-08-2010, 09:25 PM
I thought it was an intentional attempt to get him to go off. My wife and I both thought it as we watched it.

zulater
12-08-2010, 09:40 PM
I think that was intentional and I also think Ngata's smacking Ben in the face mask with the kind of force neccessary to break his nose like that was deliberate too. And I think it all traces back to Harbaugh, who showed what a classless douche he is before the game with the interview he gave, and afterwards, when he refused to give the Steelers any credit.

tube517
12-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Whatever it was, Deebo didn't flinch (Although he was about ready to beat the living daylights out of him).

Devilsdancefloor
12-08-2010, 10:27 PM
just point at the score board boys... keep giving them a chip on their shoulders i like it deebo plays better :P

Galax Steeler
12-09-2010, 03:10 AM
It was good that he could keep his cool through that.

Chidi29
12-09-2010, 04:53 PM
I think Chester just lost his cool. He's had a couple of rought weeks, coming off a skin infection. And Woodley and Harrison destroyed him in the first quarter. If Chester can't beat him fairly, he'll try and beat him cheaply.

Woodson_DownUnder
12-09-2010, 08:08 PM
I was actually pretty surprised James kept his cool. But yeah, that was definitely a cheap shot.

And the fact he is CAN'T AFFORD to give Goodell more reason to ping him. Screw You GOODELL!!