PDA

View Full Version : a PUNCH to Bens Nose

7SteelGal43
12-08-2010, 01:02 PM
If this has already been posted, I apologize, but I am just seeing this angle of the play for the first time. There is no doubt that it was an intentional punch to Roethlisbergers face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Hhfe6bwsU

Well surprise surprise...THIS vid has been removed by NFL 'licensing laws" too. I wonder why some videos manage to stay online ?

BPS3akaWirels3
12-08-2010, 01:19 PM
http://c0013568.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/x2_3adffa9

Akagi
12-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Although it is clearly against the rules and should have been flagged (and in an alternate universe of real football shouldn't have been), I still don't think it was intentional. Ngata looks like he is trying to make the play. His head was already past Ben, IMO it looks like his hand is going wherever it goes. Which happened to be Ben's nose, but that's the way the game is played.

I'm all for calling them even if they're going to be called. But Ngata had more on his mind. Again, just my opinion.

fansince'76
12-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Although it is clearly against the rules and should have been flagged (and in an alternate universe of real football shouldn't have been), I still don't think it was intentional. Ngata looks like he is trying to make the play. His head was already past Ben, IMO it looks like his hand is going wherever it goes. Which happened to be Ben's nose, but that's the way the game is played.

I'm all for calling them even if they're going to be called. But Ngata had more on his mind. Again, just my opinion.

I agree - I don't believe it was intentional either. I liken it to plays where a defender will momentarily grab a ball carrier's facemask, immediately realize he has the ball carrier's facemask, and let go.

7SteelGal43
12-08-2010, 01:28 PM
:doh2:

Look, I don't mean to sound like a pansy ass whiny Seahawks fan, but that looked like an intentional punch to me. IMO it looks much to quick to be a "uh-oh, that's his facemask" kinda draw back.

GodfatherofSoul
12-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Always thought it was intentional. Your arm doesn't accidentally get up that high when you're falling down to make a tackle. It's one thing if a defender is in the air because the QB pumped the ball and comes down on his head.

HometownGal
12-08-2010, 02:29 PM
There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that Ngata deliberately punched Ben in the nose and nothing is going to change that opinion. He could have pulled Ben down by the shoulder and his mitt is clearly coming forward in a punching motion at Ben's face. He saw an opportunity to take a shot and he did, the fat piece of shit.

ALLD
12-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Who tackles with a closed fist?

7SteelGal43
12-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Who tackles with a closed fist?

see, I thought it looked closed fisted as well.

beSteelmyheart
12-08-2010, 03:57 PM
I agree with HTG-there clearly IS a forward punching motion that doesn't seem to jibe with the motion of the tackle. Scumbag motherf*ckers, all of them. They proved it, we already know it. Ben stood tall, took a beating and a win. The guy is a warrior.

crcsnail
12-08-2010, 04:09 PM
iv never seen that angle before .looks like a punch to me .

7SteelGal43
12-08-2010, 04:58 PM
G _ _ D _ L L
S _ C K S
C _ C K

I'd like to solve the puzzle, Pat.

silver & black
12-08-2010, 05:11 PM

Thank you! I spent all of Monday listening to a few Steelers fans whining about this. Just stop sniveling fer krise sake... it's football!

7SteelGal43
12-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Thank you! I spent all of Monday listening to a few Steelers fans whining about this. Just stop sniveling fer krise sake... it's football!

I'm not whining (exactly) just pointing out it looks more like punch than inadvertent contact.

Count Steeler
12-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Punch or inadvertent contact, it is a blow to the head. Do we not remember a couple of weeks ago a player was penalized because his hand brushed Manning's helmet?

Akagi
12-08-2010, 05:53 PM

I dunno, S&B, I think it's just people seeing it differently. Some think it was intentional, some don't, and life goes on. The reason I don't think it was intentional is that as good as Ngata is, I just don't see him thinking that hard about it; he's trying to make the play any way he can, and he's going 100% with what he's trained for years to do. But some here believe otherwise. I figure, let them say what they think, it's no big deal. Unquestionably, according to the rules it should have been flagged, intentional or not. The ref shouldn't have made a judgment call like he did, it's not up for deciding the motive.

Did you read Badasses: The Legend of Snake, Foo, Dr. Death, and John Madden's Oakland Raiders? Awesome book. Highly recommended.

silver & black
12-08-2010, 06:00 PM
So, when does all the crying, bitching and moaning about hits, stop? I mean, really... it's football! I honestly don't care who gets fined, suspended or whatever... from whichever team... the Raiders included. Do we have to hear about a defensive player touching Brady or Manning and getting penalized for it every week? So what? We all know those two are "protected" for whatever reason by the "syndicate". F**k it! Smash the shit out of them anyway; take your lumps and move on.

I'm so tired of all the whining about football players hitting and getting hit. They are all big boys playing a big boy's game. No matter who gets fined or who doeasn't, for whatever "violation"... it doesn't affect any of us. If Harrison gets fined 300k by the end of the year, it won't change a damn thing for any of you. You'll all wake up in the morning and go to work... just like you would if Harrison never got fined a dime. Same goes for all of us across the board, no matter what team we root for or what player on any of our teams gets fined. Just watch the games and enjoy them. let the players worry about their money...... and stop whining!

ALLD
12-08-2010, 07:03 PM
I dunno, S&B, I think it's just people seeing it differently. Some think it was intentional, some don't, and life goes on. The reason I don't think it was intentional is that as good as Ngata is, I just don't see him thinking that hard about it; he's trying to make the play any way he can, and he's going 100% with what he's trained for years to do. But some here believe otherwise. I figure, let them say what they think, it's no big deal. Unquestionably, according to the rules it should have been flagged, intentional or not. The ref shouldn't have made a judgment call like he did, it's not up for deciding the motive.

Did you read Badasses: The Legend of Snake, Foo, Dr. Death, and John Madden's Oakland Raiders? Awesome book. Highly recommended.

You know he is trained alright and he knows where to take a shot when he can. I played football and baseball and I took shots even in baseball when I had the opportunity like a high or hard slide whether it be into the catcher or second base. Not to mention bean balls.

That punch was a punch and intentional. He got off easy with a $15k fine. If I were him I would do it again at that price.

stillers4me
12-08-2010, 07:12 PM

Excuse me? I thought a hand touching a QB's head/helmet was a penalty.....every time. Unless, your named Ben, apparantly. Even if he didn't get his schnoz busted, it was still a penalty. We got a 15 yard penalty several years ago for pulling down one of Drew Bree's socks. I'm not kidding. He never hit the ground.

Just watch the games and enjoy them. let the players worry about their money...... and stop whining!

I don't give a rats ass about the money. I do care about the 30+ yards we should have got that would have changed the game.

vasteeler
12-08-2010, 07:23 PM
the play was going to fast. for that to be intentional dude made a hell of a shot. i think it looks bad but i really dont think he lined up and took a shot at ben.

and yes that should have been flagged, only because of the pansy rule

vasteeler
12-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Excuse me? I thought a hand touching a QB's head/helmet was a penalty.....every time. Unless, your named Ben, apparantly. Even if he didn't get his schnoz busted, it was still a penalty. We got a 15 yard penalty several years ago for pulling down one of Drew Bree's socks. I'm not kidding. He never hit the ground.

I don't give a rats ass about the money. I do care about the 30+ yards we should have got that would have changed the game.

yup

silver & black
12-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Right. You, poor, poor Steelers fans are the only fans that are so "done wrong". The Steelers are the only team that gets "picked on". Get over it. You act like the Steelers and Ben are the only ones to ever get jobbed by the refs. Boo hoo. You don't know the half of being hated and made an example of by the league. Try it for 30 years... then get back to me.

You're having one year where it seems like everyone and everything are against you. If it continues for another 29 years, you'll get used to it and just take it in stride... trust me.

Look, I understand that you are all frustrated... if anyone can understand how you feel, it's Raiders fans. No team has suffered more at the hands of the league than the Raiders...... not one! After a while, other fans' complaining tends to sound like little girls whining, to us. Stop whining!

steelerdude15
12-08-2010, 08:38 PM
It's whatever. What really is special is even with a broken nose and broken bone in his foot, he played the entire game... and won.

silver & black
12-08-2010, 09:21 PM
It's whatever. What really is special is even with a broken nose and broken bone in his foot, he played the entire game... and won.

Exactly. He's a real football player. He never bitches or whines. He just does his job.

zulater
12-08-2010, 09:44 PM
I've been kicked full in the face by a 16 hand race horse, ( thankfully he didn't have hind shoes on at the time) and my nose didn't look like Ben's did after that play. Ngata was looking to take Ben out on that play. I'm sure of it.

zulater
12-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Right. You, poor, poor Steelers fans are the only fans that are so "done wrong". The Steelers are the only team that gets "picked on". Get over it. You act like the Steelers and Ben are the only ones to ever get jobbed by the refs. Boo hoo. You don't know the half of being hated and made an example of by the league. Try it for 30 years... then get back to me.

You're having one year where it seems like everyone and everything are against you. If it continues for another 29 years, you'll get used to it and just take it in stride... trust me.

Look, I understand that you are all frustrated... if anyone can understand how you feel, it's Raiders fans. No team has suffered more at the hands of the league than the Raiders...... not one! After a while, other fans' complaining tends to sound like little girls whining, to us. Stop whining!

Dude, we're not whining, we're offering an opinion on a specific play.

silver & black
12-08-2010, 09:50 PM
I've been kicked full in the face by a 16 hand race horse, ( thankfully he didn't have hind shoes on at the time) and my nose didn't look like Ben's did after that play. Ngata was looking to take Ben out on that play. I'm sure of it.

I competed in marshal arts for many years. I've had my nose broken numerous times. It's crooked... so what? I knew the risks. Not one time was it intentional by my opponent... in those days, contact to the face was not allowed. It happend sometimes. Things happen on the football field. These guys all know the risk. You can be sure as you like, but you don't know what his intention was, just the same.

silver & black
12-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Dude, we're not whining, we're offering an opinion on a specific play.

It sounds like whining to me. Maybe because I hear Steelers fans whining every day about some injustice or another perpetrated on them by the evil NFL that's out to "get them" ???

zulater
12-08-2010, 09:58 PM
It sounds like whining to me. Maybe because I hear Steelers fans whining every day about some injustice or another perpetrated on them by the evil NFL that's out to "get them" ???

Well it seems to me as if you're whining about others whining. So if whining is such a pet peeve of yours, maybe you should just comment on it once, and move on to the next subject?

silver & black
12-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Well it seems to me as if you're whining about others whining. So if whining is such a pet peeve of yours, maybe you should just comment on it once, and move on to the next subject?

You're right. I wouldn't have commented on it at all if weren't for hearing it every day and reading it every day. I'm done with it now. You can all continue to wallow in the injustice of it all... I'll refrain from further comment.

tube517
12-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Uh, you are on a Steelers board. What did you expect here, a bunch of Raider fans whooping and hollering about how great Al Davis was on HBO's Tales from the Crypt?

Wallace108
12-08-2010, 11:17 PM
No team has suffered more at the hands of an incompetent owner than the Raiders...... not one! After a while, other fans' complaining tends to sound like little girls whining, to us. Stop whining!

Fixed it for ya, S&B. :chuckle:

I get what you're saying, but other than Arians, Kordell, and one bad game from O'Donnell, Steelers fans really haven't had a whole lot to whine about. Don't ruin this moment for us. :heh:

Craic
12-09-2010, 02:09 AM
IMO, that video is the best possible angle to make it look like a punch-and doesn't tell the story. When viewed from the other side, you see him coming through, and then getting driven passed Ben. He didn't have a chance to tackle Ben, but he is still reaching for him-- maybe grab the shoulder pads- maybe throw him off- maybe bounce your hand off his mask or helmet.

There is no way that is intentional. Ben is wearing a ROPO-DW mask. Ngata's mit couldn't fit through it if it was a punch. Furthermore, what is cut off, is that a Steeler lineman push Ngata as he was reaching... and put him off balance.

IF Ngata was able to able for that small area of a ROPO-DW mask in the middle of a play, from the side, while being pushed, make it perfectly- He's in the wrong business. That kind of hand-eye coordination lets you become a million a year surgeon.

silver & black
12-09-2010, 06:03 AM
Fixed it for ya, S&B. :chuckle:

I get what you're saying, but other than Arians, Kordell, and one bad game from O'Donnell, Steelers fans really haven't had a whole lot to whine about. Don't ruin this moment for us. :heh:

I probably should have stayed off of these forums yesterday. It was a bad day, and I had to spend it with a Steelers fan who just wouldn't shut up about how the Steelers are being singled out this year (and I agree, they seem to be the team set up for examples this year), to the point that I had to tell him to change the subject or just shut up.

As someone pointed out... I'm on a Steelers forum and what do I expect? Honestly, I guess I expected fans that seem to want Harrison and the rest of their defense to be allowed to play hard hitting football without fear of recrimination from the league to kind of shrug it off, accept that it's football and things aren't always going to go your way, and let it go.

It sounds kind of hypocritical to cry foul over Harrison getting fined for helmet to helmet hits... argue that those hits were legal, clean football hits, and then complain when one of your's is on the other end of one of those hits. You can't have it both ways.

I don't make a habbit of coming here and berating the Steelers and their fans. I try to stay mindful of the fact that I'm in your house as an opposing fan. I let the Raider jokes and Al Davis comments roll off without commenting, for the most part. Sometimes, it's good to hear an opposing view point, though.

Steelers fans are so used to a great organization... from ownership, coaching, players, and winning seasons, on a regular basis. Now, the Steelers are getting a little of what the Raiders and their fans have faced for the last 30 years, and Steelers fans can't handle it. It's like they are shocked that the league would dare to single out the mighty Pittsburgh Steelers for once. Well, they did... sucks, doesn't it?

This is the last I will comment on this. All I will say is: remember what you have to say about the Seahawks, the Cardinals, the Patr*ots and any other team and fans you think is whining about whatever... then, take a few steps back and listen to yourselves.

In closing, I would like to say that I enjoy my time here on your forum. I like the people and the knowledge that is represented here. That's why I come here. I don't hate the Steelers or their fans... except on game day :heh:. Please, don't take my comments as bashing. I'm just trying to present another view of the situation.

stlrtruck
12-09-2010, 09:46 AM
It sounds kind of hypocritical to cry foul over Harrison getting fined for helmet to helmet hits... argue that those hits were legal, clean football hits, and then complain when one of your's is on the other end of one of those hits. You can't have it both ways.

I don't make a habbit of coming here and berating the Steelers and their fans. I try to stay mindful of the fact that I'm in your house as an opposing fan. I let the Raider jokes and Al Davis comments roll off without commenting, for the most part. Sometimes, it's good to hear an opposing view point, though.

This is the last I will comment on this. All I will say is: remember what you have to say about the Seahawks, the Cardinals, the Patr*ots and any other team and fans you think is whining about whatever... then, take a few steps back and listen to yourselves.

I believe the two complaints are different. I don't mind when officials miss a call or make a bone head call throughout the curse of a game. IMO, that's what the other team's fans are complaining about.

My complaint, as a Steeler fan, is this. The consistency in which the officials make the calls when they are blatant. Two points to this is my guy gets called for holding because his hands are on the outside of the other player's shoulder pads and by rule should be a penalty. However, when my defensive player has his jersey ripped away from his shoulder pads it seems the officials don't see at all. Same thing with the helmet-to-helmet hits or illegal hits to the QB. I've seen QBs (not just Ben), take hits that have been called against lesser QBs (cough cough *marsha*cough*peypey*cough cough). I believe the hit on Miller was a bang bang play and is part of football, at least the football I know. Injuries are part of the game. What I want is consistency from the front office and consistency from the officials. If you're not going to call it for other QBs, don't call it for the so called faces of the league QBs. If you're going to penalize players for hits that are well within the confines of the game then penalize all of those style of hits.

As I mentioned, refs missing a play here or there is part of the fast paced game, but officials blantantly missing calls (not just Steelers calls either - it's across the board that certain teams are shown special treatment while others have to take a crap shot about what is going to get called) is what I'm referring to at this juncture.

Personally, I think every fan base could probably point out a few bad calls in a game. I believe there are very few that could point out blatant inconsistencies against their team over multiple games and I'd welcome a discussion about the game in question and would enjoy sitting down with that fan to discuss those multiple games.

HometownGal
12-09-2010, 09:55 AM
I believe the two complaints are different. I don't mind when officials miss a call or make a bone head call throughout the curse of a game. IMO, that's what the other team's fans are complaining about.

My complaint, as a Steeler fan, is this. The consistency in which the officials make the calls when they are blatant. Two points to this is my guy gets called for holding because his hands are on the outside of the other player's shoulder pads and by rule should be a penalty. However, when my defensive player has his jersey ripped away from his shoulder pads it seems the officials don't see at all. Same thing with the helmet-to-helmet hits or illegal hits to the QB. I've seen QBs (not just Ben), take hits that have been called against lesser QBs (cough cough *marsha*cough*peypey*cough cough). I believe the hit on Miller was a bang bang play and is part of football, at least the football I know. Injuries are part of the game. What I want is consistency from the front office and consistency from the officials. If you're not going to call it for other QBs, don't call it for the so called faces of the league QBs. If you're going to penalize players for hits that are well within the confines of the game then penalize all of those style of hits.

As I mentioned, refs missing a play here or there is part of the fast paced game, but officials blantantly missing calls (not just Steelers calls either - it's across the board that certain teams are shown special treatment while others have to take a crap shot about what is going to get called) is what I'm referring to at this juncture.

Personally, I think every fan base could probably point out a few bad calls in a game. I believe there are very few that could point out blatant inconsistencies against their team over multiple games and I'd welcome a discussion about the game in question and would enjoy sitting down with that fan to discuss those multiple games.

GREAT post Scott and rep to ya! :drink: :applaudit:

This is EXACTLY what I have been crowing about for weeks. There is no consistency or parity in this league anymore and the Steelers are far from Goodumbell and the league's only victims, though I am holding steadfastly to my opinion that the Steelers have been unfairly victimized more this season than any other NFL team. I really hope in the offseason these issues get top attention and a way is found to resolve them, as the NFL has been turned into a comedy court with Goodumbell as its jester.

Wallace108
12-09-2010, 10:01 AM
As someone pointed out... I'm on a Steelers forum and what do I expect? Honestly, I guess I expected fans that seem to want Harrison and the rest of their defense to be allowed to play hard hitting football without fear of recrimination from the league to kind of shrug it off, accept that it's football and things aren't always going to go your way, and let it go.
This is what has a lot of us furious. It isn't just about having a bad call go against us. Bad calls have always happened and always will happen. But what we're seeing now is a transformation of the game we all love. Football, like boxing, is a brutal sport. Hard, vicious hits are part of the game. Trying to take those hits out of the game is like making punching to the face illegal in boxing. So our complaints go beyond just whining over a bad call. We don't like what Goodell is doing to the game.

I've had debates with others here on this very issue, so I can't speak for other Steelers fans ... I can speak only for myself. I don't think Harrison's hits were illegal, and they didn't deserve flags and fines. But if the NFL is going to play by those rules, even if I disagree with them, then they need to enforce those rules equally. Hines took two helmet-to-helmet hits, one in which he received a concussion, and their was neither a flag nor a fine on either hit. I don't think it's hypocritical of us to say that we disagree with the rules ... but if those are the rules, then they need to be enforced equally.

Here I feel I CAN speak for others and say that you're a valuable member of this board. This isn't just "our" house ... it's your house as well. You just have to put up with all of the Black and Gold decor. :chuckle: And as far as the Raiders/Davis comments, I think most of it is done in jest (I know my comments are). Unless you're a troll, I can't think of too many people here who would purposely try to insult or offend a fan of an opposing team.

Steelers fans are so used to a great organization... from ownership, coaching, players, and winning seasons, on a regular basis. Now, the Steelers are getting a little of what the Raiders and their fans have faced for the last 30 years, and Steelers fans can't handle it. It's like they are shocked that the league would dare to single out the mighty Pittsburgh Steelers for once. Well, they did... sucks, doesn't it?
Here's another issue Steelers fans seem to be split on. There are some who feel the Steelers are being targeted ... that there's a conspiracy against us because the league doesn't want us to win. I don't believe this at all. I DO think the refs are keeping a closer eye on Harrison ... only because they know he delivers the kind of hits they want removed from the game. Like I said earlier, I don't think we're whining just because the Steelers are being "targeted." We're whining about what Goodell is doing to the game.

There's a huge difference between us and Seahawks and Cardinals fans. They both felt that they were the better teams and should have won the games. And the only reason they didn't is because the refs gave the games to the Steelers. In the three games we've lost this year, I haven't seen anyone blame the refs for us losing. We lost because we didn't play well enough to win. We got beat. Our whining about Goodell and the refs has more to do with the big picture, not just an individual call or game. I HATE the Ravens, but I think the roughing the passer call on Suggs against Palmer earlier in the season was total BS. And I didn't know it at the time, but it was a sign of things to come. I don't want to see these bogus calls go against the Steelers. And I don't want to see them go against the Raiders, the Ravens, the Browns, or even the Bengals. But if they ARE going to call them, then they had better call them equally.

Please, don't take my comments as bashing. I'm just trying to present another view of the situation.
I, for one, didn't take your comments as bashing. You have too many good posts for it to be taken that way. :drink:

Wallace108
12-09-2010, 10:07 AM
It seems I could have saved myself some time and just let truck speak for me. :lol:

Nadroj 20
12-09-2010, 11:14 AM
I strongly feel it was not intential, hes playing football. Should it have been a penaly? Yes. But i do not believe ngata made a concious effort to punch ben.

7SteelGal43
12-09-2010, 11:21 AM
According to s&b, we're just typical whiners and complainers throwing the "refs are out to get us" card around and the drop of a helmet. "Nothing to see here, move along". Been a Steeler fan since the 70s. Been a member of the SF (patooey) and SU (same great bunch) for a few seasons and this is the first time there has been a prevailing WTF attitude 'bout refs and flags and fines. s&b, if we had no legitimate complaint, if we didn't have some blatant inconsistency in the officiating of Steeler games, why did the NFL feel it necessary to address the situation with a "we are not targeting the Steelers" press release ? We here in Steeler nation love the good old fashioned smash mouth football and are pissed about the feminization of the game, but mostly, it's the inconsistency that's pissin' us off.

stlrtruck
12-09-2010, 12:23 PM
It seems I could have saved myself some time and just let truck speak for me. :lol:

It's probably better that way, I've experienced your ramblings in the basement :boink:

According to s&b, we're just typical whiners and complainers throwing the "refs are out to get us" card around and the drop of a helmet. "Nothing to see here, move along". Been a Steeler fan since the 70s. Been a member of the SF (patooey) and SU (same great bunch) for a few seasons and this is the first time there has been a prevailing WTF attitude 'bout refs and flags and fines. s&b, if we had no legitimate complaint, if we didn't have some blatant inconsistency in the officiating of Steeler games, why did the NFL feel it necessary to address the situation with a "we are not targeting the Steelers" press release ? We here in Steeler nation love the good old fashioned smash mouth football and are pissed about the feminization of the game, but mostly, it's the inconsistency that's pissin' us off.

Pretty bad when a woman calls out the 'feminization of the game'. Hmm, I'd love to see SG as a coach..actually I'd pity the team

Woodson_DownUnder
12-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Punch or inadvertent contact, it is a blow to the head. Do we not remember a couple of weeks ago a player was penalized because his hand brushed Manning's helmet?

Too right!! Having officiated American Football for several seasons, it's the duty of the Umpire *positioned behind D line between LB's* who should be able to see the 'contact'.
Umpire in question is : #121 Paul king. The referee is blindsided so it's difficult to determine actual facemask contact but the Head Linesman #98 Greg Bradley & Line Judge #84 Mark Steinkerchner, should be aware of facemask hits... illegal use of hands at least!! Automatic first down!

Wallace108
12-10-2010, 02:25 AM
It's probably better that way, I've experienced your ramblings in the basement :boink:

And I've experienced your cooking ... it's a miracle I'm still able to communicate at all. http://smiliesftw.com/x/smack.gif :heh:

tube517
12-10-2010, 03:34 AM
First, my question was about the forum itself. This is a Steelers forum. For the most part, this has been a united voice on the issues of officials. This is not an NFL forum nor is it a Raiders forum. Good or bad (for you) it is going to be clearly favorable to the Steelers so I'm not sure why you're "whining" about some people on here pissed about a non-call.

Second, the "whining" you see on the board is not for one call but for REPEATED calls/non-calls/inconsistency week after week. Comparing this to the Seasquawks/Cardinals/Pats* is not even a valid comparison. We're talking about multiple games here and frequent calls against one player. Frankly, I thought this was over after the Massaquoi tackle/fine but I was wrong.

Third, most of us are not bashing you but I, for one, am surprised to see that a fan of another team (that is not a troll) coming to a hated team's forum and being pissed that people are complaining about what is happening to their team. I mean, I wouldn't go to a Raider board and expect the fans to shut up if Jason Campbell got clocked in his head (inadvertent or not) and no call was made. That's why forums have threads so that the discussion goes on and on. And we can choose another thread to read. But that's just me.

Last, this is just a forum where we type words. Some people come to forums and vent. After a game is over, we all have lives to lead, bills to pay, etc. It's just a game at the end of the day. You can exit out of your window. You can turn your computer off.

My opinion, to be honest, was it was an inadvertent hit. The player, IMHO, was fined appropriately. Ben sucked it up and moved on. That, to me, is the most important part that the player, moved on. Fans, sometimes, can never move on (Me included). I still think that the tuck rule is bullshit and that the Raiders were screwed on that Saturday night blizzard of a playoff game 10 years ago against the Pats*. And I hate the f'n Raiders.

I probably should have stayed off of these forums yesterday. It was a bad day, and I had to spend it with a Steelers fan who just wouldn't shut up about how the Steelers are being singled out this year (and I agree, they seem to be the team set up for examples this year), to the point that I had to tell him to change the subject or just shut up.

In closing, I would like to say that I enjoy my time here on your forum. I like the people and the knowledge that is represented here. That's why I come here. I don't hate the Steelers or their fans... except on game day :heh:. Please, don't take my comments as bashing. I'm just trying to present another view of the situation.

silver & black
12-10-2010, 05:33 AM
Third, most of us are not bashing you but I, for one, am surprised to see that a fan of another team (that is not a troll) coming to a hated team's forum and being pissed that people are complaining about what is happening to their team. I mean, I wouldn't go to a Raider board and expect the fans to shut up if Jason Campbell got clocked in his head (inadvertent or not) and no call was made. That's why forums have threads so that the discussion goes on and on. And we can choose another thread to read. But that's just me.
I know I said I was done with this thread, but if that is what you got from my comments, maybe you should read through them a few more times, because you obviously (to me, anyway) took them wrong.

stlrtruck
12-10-2010, 06:58 AM
And I've experienced your cooking ... it's a miracle I'm still able to communicate at all. http://smiliesftw.com/x/smack.gif :heh:

I'd say something, but I have nothing!

tube517
12-10-2010, 09:53 AM
I read it perfectly.

I know I said I was done with this thread, but if that is what you got from my comments, maybe you should read through them a few more times, because you obviously (to me, anyway) took them wrong.

Honestly, I guess I expected fans that seem to want Harrison and the rest of their defense to be allowed to play hard hitting football without fear of recrimination from the league to kind of shrug it off, accept that it's football and things aren't always going to go your way, and let it go.

steel striker
12-10-2010, 02:03 PM
The other thing I to add about this play was Ngata was laughing after he did this. We all know that if a steeler had done this the flags would have been thrown before the player would have hit the ground.

DaRealGage
12-10-2010, 07:49 PM
Video is down??? I can't find another one to see this either. Any help?

HometownGal
12-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Video is down??? I can't find another one to see this either. Any help?

Here - try this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7oIjUCETZI&feature=related

DaRealGage
12-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Thanks HometownGal! Not sure it was a punch, and I still think it was accident....however, the rules go against blows to the qb's helmet. No flag was thrown.....we all know Tom Brady would have got em.

memphissteelergirl
12-10-2010, 11:58 PM
Thanks HometownGal! Not sure it was a punch, and I still think it was accident....however, the rules go against blows to the qb's helmet. No flag was thrown.....we all know Tom Brady would have got em.

absol-frikken-lutely!

HometownGal
12-11-2010, 05:26 AM

If you had been able to see the video 7SteelGal43 posted, you would clearly see that it was definitely a deliberate punch at Ben's face. :drink: