PDA

View Full Version : 3/4 of the season done, who's Steelers MVP?

zulater
12-08-2010, 10:08 AM
http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/4048-Steelers-midway-MVP

First off it's amazing that 3/4 of the NFL regular season is already over! Time really flies.

Second off, it's equally amazing how much perception can change in a 4 game span. I don't know how you guy's view it, but my Steeler MVP choices are completely different than they were midseason.

Just wondering how everyone else sees it? Have your vote, and then we discuss.

BPS3akaWirels3
12-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Harrison on D and Dixon/Batch on O for proving the none believers wrong that the Steelers could go 3-1 to start..

zulater
12-08-2010, 10:17 AM
Harrison on D and Dixon/Batch on O for proving the none believers wrong that the Steelers could go 3-1 to start..

Harrison I can see, but you really think Batch and particuarly Dixon had the kind of positive influence on the season that one would associate with a team MVP? :huh:

But duly noted and respected all the same. :usa2:

vasteeler
12-08-2010, 10:21 AM
i gotta go with timmons

zulater
12-08-2010, 10:21 AM
By the way my choice would be Troy Polamalu. I think there's at least 3 games where you can absolutely say without him we lose. Ben would be my runner up, and then a tie for 3rd between Timmons and Harrison, who both qualify as the two steadiest performers for the season imo.

zulater
12-08-2010, 10:22 AM
i gotta go with timmons

Vote for him then! :thumbsup:

vasteeler
12-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Vote for him then! :thumbsup:

i did

Carolina Steelers
12-08-2010, 10:26 AM
I voted for Troy hes just a difference maker when hes out there. Almost voted for Timmons he had a quick start but the pase few games has been kind of quiet

polamalubeast
12-08-2010, 10:41 AM
James Harrison

oneforthetoe
12-08-2010, 10:42 AM
I voted for Troy since there was no option for Tom Brady is gay.

BPS3akaWirels3
12-08-2010, 10:48 AM

Yes.. I am a fan of the underdogs...

tube517
12-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Voted for Harrison and I'll probably get fined by the NFL

CanadianSteel
12-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Voted for Silverback as he just brings it on every down, and he is a "tackling, fumble causing, QB sacking football machine" even while getting held much of the time.

Troy is also in the conversation also.... big play maker.... plus James will need the bonus $$ (if any) from being named MVP to pay NFL fines :)

Akagi
12-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Man, I want to vote Harrison, but it's obvious that we're a different team without Polamalu.

steeldevil
12-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Man it is hard to pick an MVP because of how many good players are on this team. I went with Troy though. Mainly because the is the most irreplaceable player on the team by far.

steelpride12
12-08-2010, 11:14 AM
My vote went to Polamalu because he is the difference maker on the field and without him in a few games this season we possibly could have lost for sure without his big plays. He is a game changer and the leader of this defense.

GutterflowerSteel
12-08-2010, 11:16 AM
In Troy, We Trust :nod:
:tt02:

Hindes204
12-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Troy.....without him we are a different team

stlrtruck
12-08-2010, 12:09 PM
As much as I'd like to give it to the vets, I had to pick Pouncey. As a rookie, handling center duties, calling out packages, etc, he's proven to me he deserves the honors. And while the last two games he's gotten trucked a few times, he's still holding his own.

Devilsdancefloor
12-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Timmons has been awesome so has troy ,but i went with timmons

SteelMember
12-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Gotta go Harrison.

Troy has been exceptional at times, but some games this year he was not a big factor. Like the last game, he disappeared until the 4th quarter. Granted, he basically won us the game like he did the week before, but we need him factoring in more plays... and that's what I think Harrison brings.

Besides, a vote for the leagues (unofficial) poster boy for dirty play, is a vote against Goodell. That's good enough for me.

Steeldude
12-08-2010, 01:08 PM
harrison is my pick.

seems to be the only one showing up for work each week.

Indo
12-08-2010, 01:18 PM
My choices were

Troy
Harrison
Pouncey

I asked this question:
Would we be winning without this person

Based on last year's debacle, I went with Troy...

But any one of the 3 (and throw Ben in there) could be the MVP at this point in the season. Zu is right, though. That could change as the season/postseason progresses. I think it's probably safe to assume that we will meet the Ratbirds and/or the Cheats again...

HometownGal
12-08-2010, 02:37 PM
My first instinct was to go with Troy or Harrison, but after some thought, I have to go with Ben. The odds were against him after not playing for the first 4 games and other than a bad pass here and there, the guy has been money in the bank not only for his play but for his leadership and heart. This is even more evident after this past Sunday's game against the Rats. Yes - Troy stripped the ball from Flacid and that was a HUGE play that gave the O the ball inside the Rats 10 but Ben's absolutely phenomenal play throwing the ball away as that beefalo Suggs was trying to eat him alive was what kept that drive alive and ultimately led to the Ben to Redzone TD.

Psycho Ward 86
12-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Man that's a toughie, I'll go with Troy for now. I'd give it to Ben if he wasnt gone for 4 games.

steelerdude15
12-08-2010, 08:23 PM
So hard to pick, but I went with Ben in the end. To come back from a suspension and play as well as he has. This was hard to choose though, so many great players on our team.

zulater
12-08-2010, 09:35 PM
My first instinct was to go with Troy or Harrison, but after some thought, I have to go with Ben. The odds were against him after not playing for the first 4 games and other than a bad pass here and there, the guy has been money in the bank not only for his play but for his leadership and heart. This is even more evident after this past Sunday's game against the Rats. Yes - Troy stripped the ball from Flacid and that was a HUGE play that gave the O the ball inside the Rats 10 but Ben's absolutely phenomenal play throwing the ball away as that beefalo Suggs was trying to eat him alive was what kept that drive alive and ultimately led to the Ben to Redzone TD.

I just love your way with words HTG. :toofunny:

Galax Steeler
12-09-2010, 03:13 AM
I have to go with Troy he is such a force on the field.

zulater
12-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Big shift in the polls since the 8 week mark.:scratchchin:

None of the first 3 vote getters after 8 weeks ( Timmons, Pouncey, and Mendenhall) are in the first 3 after 12 weeks. Not that this comes as a surprise to me, in fact that's one of the reasons I thought this would make for an interesting thread. Just goes to show the ebb and flow of a season.

Nadroj 20
12-09-2010, 02:08 PM
I went with Ben because we saw a horrible offense in those first 4 games without him and I think it makes people appreciate him that much more. He is our team leader and a good one at that.

CPanther95
12-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Harrison I can see, but you really think Batch and particuarly Dixon had the kind of positive influence on the season that one would associate with a team MVP? :huh:

But duly noted and respected all the same. :usa2:

We definitely owe a lot to Charlie Batch.

We went 3-1 in the first quarter of the season - the same record as the next two quarters. Plus looking at the current records, the first quarter of the season was our toughest part of the schedule.

But my vote goes to Harrison. 3rd in the league in sacks, a boatload more tackles than the other sack leaders - and he's got 6 forced fumbles.

PalmerSteel
12-09-2010, 02:53 PM
has to be troy. not only our mvp, but IMO the league Defensive MVP so far. he has been making so many crazy plays to keep this team jacked up and in games to win em.

JayC
12-09-2010, 11:15 PM
i'd give it to James Harrison. ben 2nd. troy 3rd. troys been the best lately but over the course of the season harrison has been the best

Wallace108
12-09-2010, 11:48 PM
My first instinct was to go with Troy. But after thinking about it a little more, I had to go with Ben.

Look at everything he had to overcome ... the suspension, the doubt, the ridicule, BA's playcalling. :heh:

Seriously though, several weeks ago Ben talked about becoming a leader. I argued at the time that you can't "become" a leader ... you either are or you aren't. Well, he proved me wrong. He's leading this team with both his words and his actions.

zulater
12-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Troy is making it more and more his with every passing game.

Psycho Ward 86
12-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Even after the Bengals game I'm horribly tied up between Ben and Troy

Delraich
12-12-2010, 10:27 PM
At this point I voted Timmons but if Troy keeps playing the way he has lately then not only will he get my vote but I'll also be liking our post season chances.

Wallace108
12-12-2010, 10:30 PM
At this point I voted Timmons but if Troy keeps playing the way he has lately then not only will he get my vote but I'll also be liking our post season chances.

I was torn between Ben and Troy. I hope they keep making it a tough decision. That can only help our chances.