PDA

View Full Version : Doctors clear Steelers' Smith to begin lifting weights

LLT
12-08-2010, 07:54 AM
Doctors clear Steelers' Smith to begin lifting weights
By Kevin Gorman
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Defensive end Aaron Smith had an MRI on his torn left triceps and was cleared by team doctors to start lifting weights, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday at his weekly news conference.

"He's doing pretty good," Tomlin said. "We're going to take another MRI in about two weeks or so and see where that takes us, but we're encouraged by his progress. There's no setbacks in his recovery. It's time to take the next step and now start tossing a few weights around, which is good news."

Tomlin is optimistic that Smith could return in time for the playoffs, which is why the Steelers didn't place him on season-ending injured reserve.

Read More:
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_712706.html

pepsyman1
12-08-2010, 02:50 PM
How HUGE would that be if he was able to make it back?

fansince'76
12-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Tomlin is optimistic that Smith could return in time for the playoffs....

Man, I hope. :pray:

stlrtruck
12-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Just like the year Woodson blew out his knee against the Detroit Sanders', he was kept on the roster for a good reason. Smith has something to reach for - the playoffs!

HometownGal
12-08-2010, 03:16 PM
OMG this is excellent and very encouraging news! :applaudit: I'd love nothing more than to have Aaron back for the playoffs - what a HUGE boost this would be to the team! :tt02:

stillers4me
12-08-2010, 03:18 PM
I think this was the "master plan" all along. I also think Troy was not put on IR last year for the same reason.

Galax Steeler
12-09-2010, 03:55 AM
Great news we need to get him back and ready for the playoffs.

Dino 6 Rings
12-09-2010, 11:51 AM
get stronger for the playoffs...good good...the plan is coming together nicely thus far...

CanadianSteel
12-09-2010, 11:56 AM
Fantastic news - hopefully no set backs, heal up, pump weights, return for palyoffs and sounds like it may even be sooner.

Would be nice to give Big Aaron another shot at the big dance, and he could provide a Huge boost