PDA

View Full Version : Wussification: Stop it!

section514
12-07-2010, 10:49 PM
I am getting alarmed at the direction this country is going, so I am starting a revolution.

STOP THE WUSSIFICATION OF AMERICA

join the facebook page and spread the news.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=14231353#!/pages/Stop-the-Wussification-of-America/112699672131835

Our generation is raising whimps!

stlrtruck
12-08-2010, 06:38 AM
I'm on board!

7SteelGal43
12-08-2010, 11:03 AM
it'll show on my FB page as a "like" for sure !!!! I love the t-shirt "you're on the bench for a reason" and they guy who commented "sorry kids, if ya didn't win, you lose"

stlrtruck
12-08-2010, 11:57 AM
it'll show on my FB page as a "like" for sure !!!! I love the t-shirt "you're on the bench for a reason" and they guy who commented "sorry kids, if ya didn't win, you lose"

Hey I heard that guy is pretty cool. You should friend him!

Devilsdancefloor
12-08-2010, 12:10 PM
im in for sure! that guy he seems way off base to me :heh: how can you not miss the princess in that pic fembud... (or maybe i am slow been outside all day and it was 6 degrees)

7SteelGal43
12-08-2010, 01:21 PM
im in for sure! that guy he seems way off base to me :heh: how can you not miss the princess in that pic fembud... (or maybe i am slow been outside all day and it was 6 degrees)

:doh2:

fansince'76
12-08-2010, 01:28 PM
I love....the guy who commented "sorry kids, if ya didn't win, you lose"

Exactly. You don't get a trophy for participation in real life either. The celebration and rewarding of mediocrity and the coddling of the lowest common denominator to the detriment of everyone else (particularly in the public school system) are two of the biggest reasons this country's going down the tubes. Sure, hypercompetitiveness and a "win at any cost" mentality is ultimately detrimental to children, but the "everyone is a winner" mentality currently in vogue is just as detrimental if not more so.

stlrtruck
12-08-2010, 02:53 PM

Dang DDF, I didn't think you ever paid that much attention to me, I mean the Princess.

:doh2:

:noidea: :huh: :no:

It's ok SG, I still luv ya :hug:

beSteelmyheart
12-18-2010, 10:51 PM
If they would change it to Pussification, I'd be on board-Wussification strikes me as too vanilla, too politically correct & intentionally non-offensive, hence succumbing to the actual thing that they are protesting...
But other than that, I'll agree-it's already a nation of pussies.

JonM229
12-19-2010, 12:05 AM
People need to realize that the fat kid will always be out first in dodgeball. It's the best way to prepare kids for the harsh realities of real life.

Hindes204
12-19-2010, 01:45 AM
People need to realize that the fat kid will always be out first in dodgeball. It's the best way to prepare kids for the harsh realities of real life.

recalling bad memories there Ron :chuckle::boink:

Doc_Holiday
12-30-2010, 03:29 PM
Fat kids are the ones you have to hit harder. If they catch the ball, you're feeling the sting of his throw.

The WH
12-30-2010, 03:51 PM
i was the fat kid, i learned how to catch. so fuck all of you! hahahaha

Doc_Holiday
12-31-2010, 09:36 AM
I hate that whiny over-protective parents have made it that they don't keep score. We're raising Millennials (term used) who are "Entitled" to a good paying job and an "A" in school even though they can't reach that bar.

My sister's son is given everything he wants. He throws his iPod off a three story balcony, that's okay, she buys him a new one. He's a wuss already at twelve.

Kid's need to learn the "Please and Thank You", learn to fail and recover, learn to win and lose with honor and not cry a river... the list goes on. I tell you my sis's son doesn't get away with that crap with me.

stlrtruck
12-31-2010, 09:42 AM
I hate that whiny over-protective parents have made it that they don't keep score. We're raising Millennials (term used) who are "Entitled" to a good paying job and an "A" in school even though they can't reach that bar.

My sister's son is given everything he wants. He throws his iPod off a three story balcony, that's okay, she buys him a new one. He's a wuss already at twelve.

Kid's need to learn the "Please and Thank You", learn to fail and recover, learn to win and lose with honor and not cry a river... the list goes on. I tell you my sis's son doesn't get away with that crap with me.

wow are you my long lost brother? I couldn't have said it better myself.

Mach1
01-01-2011, 01:54 AM
i was the fat kid, i learned how to catch. so fuck all of you! hahahaha

So was I, and I learned how to run over all of ya too. hahaha

GoSlash27
01-01-2011, 08:20 AM
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/wussies.jpg

Godfather
01-01-2011, 09:33 AM
I'd be on board-Wussification strikes me as too vanilla, too politically correct & intentionally non-offensive, hence succumbing to the actual thing that they are protesting...

Disagree. Back when we were 'tougher' as a society, we also had a better sense of decorum and didn't use profanity in public.

GoSlash27
01-01-2011, 10:00 AM
Disagree. Back when we were 'tougher' as a society, we also had a better sense of decorum and didn't use profanity in public.

Is this a good time to interject with my little spiel about "armed/ polite societies", or is that a little too political? :D