PDA

View Full Version : Bires: Ben's gutsy performance stuff of legend

stillers4me
12-07-2010, 05:25 AM
By: Mike Bires (mbires@timesonline.com)
Beaver County Times
Monday December 6, 2010 11:41 PM

Ben Roethlisberger may not be the best quarterback in the NFL. But without question, there’s no one quite like him.

To be sure, he’s molding his legend with statistics, wins and Super Bowl rings. But what sets him apart from other greats is a competitive nature and toughness that puts him in a class of his own.

He’s proven that in the past and he proved it again in the latest Steelers-Ravens thriller.

No other quarterback in the league could have done what Roethlisberger did in Sunday night’s 13-10 brawl in Baltimore.....................

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1501/2010/december/06/bires-bens-gutsy-performance-stuff-of-legend.html

HometownGal
12-07-2010, 07:01 AM
He’s just an amazing quarterback whose legend continues to grow.

That's it in a nutshell. :applaudit:

I said it Sunday night in my "Believers" thread and I will continue to believe that there isn't a QB out there who could have done what Ben did on Sunday night. Not Ass Chin, not Peytoon, not Brees. Ben is Mother, Jugs and Speed all rolled into one. :heh:

Raleigh Steel
12-07-2010, 09:29 AM
ben has "IT"! whatever "IT" is, he has it. he's a winner! this is why you don't trade a guy for making a stupid mistake and letting some bad PR make a poor decision that will haunt you.

i'm wondering if all of the "trade ben cause he's an embarrassment" still feel that way.

the winning touchdown drive was all heart! if ben gets sacked by suggs we probably settle for a FG and have to get the ball back and score one more time. not only did he break a sack by one of the strongest players in the league but he had the presence of mind to just shovel the ball out of bounds making sure it went past the line of scrimmage.

never has QB throwing the ball away been more important to a victory than that.

oh yeah, he also played on a bum foot and with a broken nose...let's see any other QB in the league do that!!!!!!!!!!

steel striker
12-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Without a doubt no other qb in the league could have made that play.

Dino 6 Rings
12-07-2010, 02:34 PM
for all the comments between him and Terry Bradshaw, its funny how much Ben is basically becoming Terry. Playing hurt, getting his head knocked in, making plays when its pretty obvious no one else could make the play...yep...drafting #7 was the best thing since drafting #12.

Count Steeler
12-07-2010, 05:58 PM
And to think, he is just hitting mid season form. Here's to a speedy recovery Ben. Love how you play the game, and I continue to say, you know how to win.

GutterflowerSteel
12-07-2010, 07:13 PM
I wouldn't trade him for any other qb in the NFL - there's nobody tougher, and he'll go down in Steelers history as one of our greatest qbs ever :nod: