PDA

View Full Version : Rashard Mendenhall is currently...

Psycho Ward 86
12-06-2010, 09:06 PM
3rd in the league in rushing attempts
3rd in rushing attempts/game
8th in rushing yards
9th in rushing yards/game
tied for 3rd in rush TD's
8th in 1st down runs
and tied for 3rd in 20+ yard runs

Not bad for a guy making his own yards because of a make-shift o-line. What do y'all think

RushHard34
12-06-2010, 09:24 PM
absolutely love the player mendenhall has become and still think he has a lot more room to grow. this guy is going to be unreal in a few years. get him a line and see what he can do....

Steeltreal
12-06-2010, 09:30 PM
He can be aggressive at times, but he dances and loses yards on 2nd and 1 and short yardage 3rd downs. Interesting to see if in the future if the younger backs Redman and Dwyer push him for more carries or even series. Moore dissappears for entire games i guess you can contribute to Arians.

The most obvious play was when both Mendenhall and Redman were in the backfield. Mendenhall goes into motion slot right with Redman at the FB. Sure enough Ben hands off to Redman who is stuffed at the line. Not gonna fool anyone with that BS

Merchant
12-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Gotta get him some decent linemen to really see what he's capable of.

steelpride12
12-06-2010, 09:37 PM
This kid is impressing and really has worked hard during the offseason to prove he can be a starter for the Steelers. This kid has over 1,000 rushing yard with a garbage OL imagine if we had a successful line, damn! I love his second efforts and attempts after contact, he is always looking for extra yards and pushing for the first down!

Borski
12-06-2010, 09:58 PM
He has some impressive stats, but why is it whenever I see him play it seems like he gets the ball, hesitates and loses yards? To me it seems like then Redman gets the ball he does a better job with the opportunities given to him.

Psycho Ward 86
12-06-2010, 10:02 PM
The most obvious play was when both Mendenhall and Redman were in the backfield. Mendenhall goes into motion slot right with Redman at the FB. Sure enough Ben hands off to Redman who is stuffed at the line. Not gonna fool anyone with that BS

He has some impressive stats, but why is it whenever I see him play it seems like he gets the ball, hesitates and loses yards? To me it seems like then Redman gets the ball he does a better job with the opportunities given to him.

To be fair, both Mendenhall and Redman got destroyed in short yardage situations yesterday. Absolutely destroyed. Sometimes running the ball on 3rd and short and 4th and short isnt about fooling anybody. It's about getting in an obvious running formation, staring that blitzing backer right in the eye and saying "This is gonna be a goddamn 1st down and you cant stop me."

pepsyman1
12-06-2010, 10:05 PM
He's got all the tools, although I think Steeltreal is correct...There are times he dances too much when I think he's much better off putting the pedal down and just accelerating. He has done that more this season and hopefully he will continue to do so. When he gets some momentum going his strength then shows. If he dances and waits he's not really strong enough to make something happen. I think the reason so many people like Isaac Redman is that he just puts his head down and goes and becomes difficult to stop, even when there isn't that much of a hole.

Steeltreal
12-06-2010, 10:11 PM
I think hes great but ultimately would be more effective running plays he likes to run. Cutbacks and a few tosses. In Arians offense its all dives up the middle with no true blocking Fullback.