PDA

View Full Version : Harbaugh's own words..."our team's figured it out".

stillers4me
12-06-2010, 07:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMLEdc_4itI&feature=player_embedded

salamander
12-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Yes, the Ravens have clearly figured it out. :wtf:

SMR
12-06-2010, 07:30 PM
:coffee:

Nighthawk
12-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Yes, the Ravens have clearly figured it out. :wtf:

I'm sure they aren't sure anymore - and if they are sure then they chose to make illegal hits with the intent of injuring.

Kaeg
12-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Yes, they've obviously figured it out. I'd love to know how sure they are of this new NFL now.

Steeltreal
12-06-2010, 08:23 PM
Heath Miller walking off on his own power. Thats what Real Steel is all about!

tube517
12-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Remember he said he knew how to judge when to kick and not to kick. Great job Johnny. You figured it out. :zzz:

Psycho Ward 86
12-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Um this is pointless. Coaches can only do so much to prevent these type of hits.

HometownGal
12-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Ngata's and McClain's wallets have it figured out - to the total tune of $55,000. :thumbsup:

Steeltreal
12-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Ngata should just pay for the surgery.

venom
12-06-2010, 09:17 PM
I figured it out also

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.smckids.com/media/2010/07/math-adding.gif

stlrtruck
12-07-2010, 07:01 AM
I figured it out also

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.smckids.com/media/2010/07/math-adding.gif

I like the chart but it would have been better had it been 6 over top the 1 instead of 27 over 24 (or atleast 12 over 10).

zulater
12-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Um this is pointless. Coaches can only do so much to prevent these type of hits.

That's really not the issue here. If you watch the clip Harbaugh comes off as if he's got all the answers, and without naming them more or less says the Steelers problems in regards to these sort of hits is unique to them, and a product of their own doing. He comes off with a smug and arrogant answer to a question that started with the relaying of comments by Ryan Clark essentially throwing him boquets.

Maybe those fines will humble his ass a little, though I doubt it.

Anyway viewed in the context of what happened Sunday night Harbaugh's responces come off poorly and make him look like a jack ass.

Actually that clip doesn't show it, but Costas led into the subject with some quotes by Ryan clark in which he said something to the effect of other than the Steelers, if he could play with any other team it would be the Ravens because of the style of play they play is the same as the Steelers. Anyway if you saw that part of the interview Harbaugh cold fishes Ryan, never even acknowledges him by name, and basically just goes on to blow his own horn.

I've got no respect for this guy because it's pretty obvious he has no respect for the Steelers. His post game comments, further prove that point.

As football coaches go, he's probably above average, but he comes off as a poor sportsman, Mike Tomlin has at least 10 times more class than this guy.

LLT
12-07-2010, 10:44 AM
That's really not the issue here. If you watch the clip Harbaugh comes off as if he's got all the answers, and without naming them more or less says the Steelers problems in regards to these sort of hits is unique to them, and a product of their own doing. .

Bingo...Instead of taking the high road...Harbaugh used the media to take a shot at the Steelers organization...only to have karma come back and bite him right on the ass!!!

7willBheaven
12-07-2010, 01:21 PM

Exactly...and who cares what he said...he's the Ravens head coach...whoop di do...this was an interview taped days before the game...and what do you expect a Ravens coach to say...oh we dunno what we're doing and to be all friendly all the time towards your biggest rival? No! Some people just have to nitpick and cant let things go...lets move on to more important things now that we've disposed of the Ravens.

zulater
12-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Exactly...this was an interview taped days before the game...and what do you expect a coach to say...oh we dunno what we're doing? No! Some people just have to nitpick and cant let things go...lets move on to more important things now that we've disposed of the Ravens.

Did you see his demeanor, his condenscending tone, how he implicated the Steelers?

If you want to drop it, claim it's nothing. Fine, that's your choice. But others, myself included, don't see it that way, and think there's something still to be said.

LLT
12-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Exactly...and who cares what he said...he's the Ravens head coach...whoop di do...this was an interview taped days before the game...and what do you expect a Ravens coach to say...oh we dunno what we're doing and to be all friendly all the time towards your biggest rival? No! Some people just have to nitpick and cant let things go...lets move on to more important things now that we've disposed of the Ravens.

The problem is that he insinuated that OUR players are purposefully trying to cheap shot...because they didnt want to understand the rules.

Harbaugh was using the "Proof by example" Fallacy by implying that the Steelers did not "get it" because they have been flagged and fined. ("proof by example" always gives specific example as proof for a universal proposition.)

By Harbaugh's own inference...the Ravens now dont get it...since they are now part of the example.

Burghfan58
12-07-2010, 04:23 PM
I saw the whole interview. Harbaughs a tool. He comes off as a pompous a hole. Yeah right coach your guys really get it. This guy makes me detest the Ravens even more than when Billick was coach.