PDA

View Full Version : Steelers-Ravens Recap: Greatest Win Ever?

stillers4me
12-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Posted on December 6, 2010 (http://www.steelerslounge.com/2010/12/steelers-ravens-recap-greatest-win/) by JJ (http://www.steelerslounge.com/author/jj/)

OK, it may not be the greatest game in NFL history. But man, if you’re a Steelers’ fan, it’s hard to remember many more fun than this one.

The Steelers have won six Super Bowls. They’ve pulled off the greatest play in NFL history with the Immaculate Reception. So when you throw around superlatives with the Steelers, you have to be careful to not dip into hyperbole.

But if you are ranking the gutsiest wins in Steelers history, tonight’s win over the Ravens will have to rank in the top three–for me it’s No. 1 in the post-Noll era. I’d love to hear anyone suggestion of a better one.

This is the kind of game that usually ends up as a gallant loss. Once Flozell Adams and Heath Miller limped to the locker room, it would have been no huge shame to have lost a close game.

Instead Pittsburgh somehow figured out how to win a game in which they were playing their fourth and fifth-string offensive tackles, asking a kicker to punt, and trying to figure out goal line formations with only one tight end (their third string TE)............

http://www.steelerslounge.com/2010/12/steelers-ravens-recap-greatest-win/

polamalubeast
12-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Best win for the steelers since the super bowl XLIII!!!

tube517
12-06-2010, 05:16 PM
I'd say it may be their gutsiest win in a while.

steelerdude15
12-06-2010, 05:30 PM
It was a great win, but it's not the best. There are plenty of other wins that were much better.

GutterflowerSteel
12-06-2010, 06:13 PM
One of the gutsiest in the Big Ben era ... and especially sweet for a Steelers fan like me, living in Maryland & surrounded by Raisins fans who talk trash before, during and after the game! :bananadoggywow:

One of the lawyers in our firm called out today - he told the receptionist that he didn't want to face me :) and he's not even one of the trashtalkers LOL Our building was very subdued - and I had my Sirius NFL internet radio blaring all day, rehashing, reliving and recapping last night's win. I could hardly sleep after the game, I was so wound up :tt02:

ALLD
12-06-2010, 06:17 PM
SB XLIII was one of the best wins in recent history. The AFC Championship in 2008 when we beat the same Rats team and blew up Magahee and picked off Falco was the next best win in the last few years.

Edman
12-06-2010, 06:33 PM
It ranks up there for sure. Better than the 2008 game.

The Ravens had all the advantages. They were healthy, they had home field, and they were the heavy favorites.

Walking into town was a limping Steelers team with scrubs at Tackle and Gimpy QB. The Ravens did all they could. They even broke his nose. This was going to be THE GAME that would put the Ravens over the top of their Pittsburgh rivals for good. This was going to be their year. Their time to make a run. With all their free agent aquisitions made during the offseason. They were going to walk all over Pittsburgh, and we came into their house and beat them anyway. It just can't get any better than that.

SMR
12-06-2010, 07:09 PM
I'd say it may be their gutsiest win in a while.

Me too, especially with what little we had left.

SMR
12-06-2010, 07:11 PM

The Ravens had all the advantages. They were healthy, they had home field, and they were the heavy favorites.

Walking into town was a limping Steelers team with scrubs at Tackle and Gimpy QB. The Ravens did all they could. They even broke his nose. This was going to be THE GAME that would put the Ravens over the top of their Pittsburgh rivals for good. This was going to be their year. Their time to make a run. With all their free agent aquisitions made during the offseason. They were going to walk all over Pittsburgh, and we came into their house and beat them anyway. It just can't get any better than that.

Nice post; beauty in the eye of the beholder. lol

stillers4me
12-06-2010, 07:13 PM

That was beautiful.. brought a little tear of pride to my eyes. :heh:

Count Steeler
12-06-2010, 07:17 PM
It was good to see that we had to dig deep last night, and we found grit, determination and spunk. Redman's touchdown run kind of sums up the game best, a long way from the end zone, Ravens were in position to tackle and stop him, but Redman had the grit and determination and the will to say he would not be stopped. For him it was win at whatever the cost. Kind of reminds me of the tagline of the 70s Steelers "Whatever it takes".