PDA

View Full Version : Deconstructing a key sequence in Steelers win

stillers4me
12-06-2010, 04:39 PM
December 6th, 2010

With the Steelers badly in need of a big play late in a crucial AFC North game at Baltimore, everything seemed to come together for them –- just like at the end of a 2008 contest in Baltimore when quarterback Ben Roethlisberger led them on a game-winning touchdown drive.

The Steelers did get some help from the Ravens and the elements near the end of the game, and here is how they pulled out their biggest win of the season.
-- Strong safety Troy Polamalu was actually run blitzing on the play in which he leveled Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco from the blind side and caused a fumble with just over three minutes left in the game.

“I was surprised they were passing in that situation,” Polamalu later said.

Small wonder why............

http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2010/12/06/deconstructing-a-key-sequence-in-steelers-win/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThe PressBox+%28View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29

tube517
12-06-2010, 05:03 PM
:sofunny:

“I want to let Woodley know that I did block for him,” Steelers inside linebacker Jams Farrior said with a grin. “That was his fault he didn’t score. He’s too slow.”

Woodley’s take on his most significant run as a Steeler?

“He blocked the wrong guy,” Woodley said of Farrior. “He blocked a tackle instead of a tight end.”

ALLD
12-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Not the first time #43 has made a big play while defeating the Rats.

SirHulka
12-07-2010, 02:01 AM
I think this proves that Tomlin is right in making Timmons the rover instead of Polamalu. That #43 just don't have it anymore.

:sarcasm2:

HometownGal
12-07-2010, 07:51 AM
:sofunny:

“I want to let Woodley know that I did block for him,” Steelers inside linebacker Jams Farrior said with a grin. “That was his fault he didn’t score. He’s too slow.”

Woodley’s take on his most significant run as a Steeler?

“He blocked the wrong guy,” Woodley said of Farrior. “He blocked a tackle instead of a tight end.”

I cracked up when I read that too. :lol: I love to see these guys heckling each other after the fact. :heh:

tube517
12-07-2010, 09:21 AM
I think Kiesel said woodley's butt was too fat to make it to the end zone or something like that. I don't have the link but I read that somewhere.

I cracked up when I read that too. :lol: I love to see these guys heckling each other after the fact. :heh: