PDA

View Full Version : NFL to fine Harrison for hit on Miller

SirHulka
12-06-2010, 03:46 PM
In a move that is sure to convince Steelers fans that the NFL is targeting their team, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has announced that Steelers’ linebacker James Harrison will be fined $75,000 for the helmet-to-helmet hit on Steelers’ tight end Heath Miller.

The tapes clearly showed that Harrison was nowhere near the play. He’s on the same team as Heath Miller, and was clearly standing on the sidelines when Miller was hit by a Baltimore Ravens player. Nevertheless, the NFL has decided to fine Harrison anyway. “I know that James Harrison doesn’t appear to be involved with the play”, said Roger Goodell. “But it was a helmet-to-helmet hit. Harrison HAD TO BE involved”.

“It’s clear that the referees blew the call. Harrison should have been flagged for the play”, Goodell explained. “Despite the referees’ error, Harrison will not be able to avoid the fine that my office will be issuing on Tuesday”.

Goodell further explained that he considered fining Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger for striking Ravens’ lineman Haloti Ngata’s hand with his face. However, Ngata’s hand was not injured on the play, so Goodell refrained from issuing a fine.

Actually, I got this from a Browns site, but I figured you would also appreciate it here :)

7SteelGal43
12-06-2010, 03:50 PM
:sofunny:

SMR
12-06-2010, 03:51 PM
:alcoholic:

beSteelmyheart
12-06-2010, 04:19 PM
:dizzy:

BigNastyDefense
12-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Don't give Der Komissar any bright ideas.

I am still wondering if Harrison will get fined for that hit on Flacco in the fourth quarter.

Nadroj 20
12-06-2010, 05:28 PM
:lol: :lol:

Thats pretty good!

Slanted August
12-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Did you see how he like picked him up and laid him on the turf gently like a supersized infant? This is really sad if the RGL continues down this path.

O'Malley
12-06-2010, 05:31 PM

I am still wondering if Harrison will get fined for that hit on Flacco in the fourth quarter.

No his helmet was to the side and he did not drive him in to the ground. But when has that mattered this season?

Nadroj 20
12-06-2010, 05:35 PM
I wonder what Collinsworth thinks about this....since everyone loves hearing what he has to say...

ALLD
12-06-2010, 06:13 PM
It is a slippery slope. Soon it will be a given that players will dive for the ground or just fold when a defender is near them. Tackling the QB will be something like leather helmets.

zulater
12-06-2010, 06:21 PM
In a move that is sure to convince Steelers fans that the NFL is targeting their team, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has announced that Steelers’ linebacker James Harrison will be fined $75,000 for the helmet-to-helmet hit on Steelers’ tight end Heath Miller.

The tapes clearly showed that Harrison was nowhere near the play. He’s on the same team as Heath Miller, and was clearly standing on the sidelines when Miller was hit by a Baltimore Ravens player. Nevertheless, the NFL has decided to fine Harrison anyway. “I know that James Harrison doesn’t appear to be involved with the play”, said Roger Goodell. “But it was a helmet-to-helmet hit. Harrison HAD TO BE involved”.

“It’s clear that the referees blew the call. Harrison should have been flagged for the play”, Goodell explained. “Despite the referees’ error, Harrison will not be able to avoid the fine that my office will be issuing on Tuesday”.

Goodell further explained that he considered fining Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger for striking Ravens’ lineman Haloti Ngata’s hand with his face. However, Ngata’s hand was not injured on the play, so Goodell refrained from issuing a fine.

Actually, I got this from a Browns site, but I figured you would also appreciate it here :)

Classic. Thanks for the share Hulka. :lol:

tube517
12-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Did he lead with his hands?

SMR
12-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Did he lead with his hands?

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

pepsyman1
12-06-2010, 09:16 PM
You know how bad and obvious this bias against Harrison has to be if the fans of our rivalry teams are making jokes about it. lol

HometownGal
12-06-2010, 09:39 PM
:lol: :rofl: :lol: ZING!

SirHulka
12-07-2010, 01:57 AM
You know how bad and obvious this bias against Harrison has to be if the fans of our rivalry teams are making jokes about it. lol

OK, this is where it gets weird. The original post was on a Browns board, but it was posted by a Steeler fan, who is a regular there. I, a Browns fan and a regular poster here, saw it and posted it on a Steelers board. Confusing, ain't it?

Indo
12-07-2010, 09:39 AM
OK, this is where it gets weird. The original post was on a Browns board, but it was posted by a Steeler fan, who is a regular there. I, a Browns fan and a regular poster here, saw it and posted it on a Steelers board. Confusing, ain't it?

Either way it's pretty damn funny :bounce: