PDA

View Full Version : Doubters only.

zulater
12-06-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm thrilled with the win last night.:party:

9-3 after 12 games, how can I not be delighted? :yup: And trust me I am.

With 4 games left we have the inside track to the division title and a bye. Not to say it's a given, even the most optimistic among us would have to admit that no team can be taken for granted. This of all years is a year that the cliche "on any given Sunday" really means just that. So in other words, I'm not proclaming it as fait accompli, I wont be that jinx. I'm just saying there's no denying that they've put themselves in great position, they control their own fate, which is a great place to be, and well earned.:applaudit:

And how can you not like this team? Sure it's flawed ( who's not?) but it's also got character, the aggregate total is greater than the sum of the parts. ( whatever that means? :lol: ) So yes I do like this team.

But all that said I'm still not sold that we're a true Super Bowl caliber team.:uhoh::behindsofa:

I was encouraged by the offensive lines play, or at least their pass blocking late in the game last night, but I still think they're going to come back to bite us somewhere down the road. And as I said elsewhere I'm really not moaning or blaming anyone for the state of our o-line. The injuries that unit's sustained is no one's fault. And how can anyone be expected to anticipate such things? I mean really, has any other team lost both their starting OT's for the season? :wtf:

Ben's great, and if anyone can overcome that line it's him. But still, some game, some where I just foresee the potential for disaster ahead. I pray I'm wrong. :pray: ( and lucky for you guys I usually am. :chuckle:)

And our db's?! I'll give credit to LeBeau, I think it's clear he's gotten more aggresive with his blitzes to compensate for our lack of quality cover db's. And Ike isn't a problem, I think he's having a terrific year. But Gay and McFadden stick out like a sore thumb. I just don't see how we can handle Brady and co. with our db's ? :no:

Oh well, I suppose we could get lucky and someone else, a team we match up with better take's out the Patriots. And remove them from the equation and I think our chance is as good or better than anyone else out there.

But as long as the Patriots are looming on the horizon I still have major doubts about where this season will end.:Sorry:

disclaimer below. :wink02:

win lose or draw, I love the Steelers and feel as though owe me nothing more than an honest effort. And to that i say I've never been cheated, not even in the down years. Adding to that, the Steelers down years are few and far between, and even the down years are better than some teams up years, so I appreciate all of that and am thankfull for it.

And if my concerns and doubts prove to be unfounded I promise to gladly eat all the crow that comes my way.

And if by chance, I unhappily and unwantedly prove to be correct I wont be gloating, I'll be mourning just like the rest of you here. :no: