PDA

View Full Version : Could Pouncey Be the NFL Offensive Rookie Of The Year?

HometownGal
12-06-2010, 11:23 AM
I think it's a good possibility and this incredible young man has my vote! :thumbsup:

Could Maurkice Pouncey Be NFL Offensive Rookie Of the Year?

Entering the 2010 NFL Draft, the Steelers had a tough decision they needed to make. Would they add youth to either the offensive or defensive line? Or would they add talent to their secondary?

The Steelers had previously been interested in drafting Alex Mack, but the Browns traded down in the 2009 NFL Draft, and selected Mack before the Steelers had the chance to get him. It was obvious that the offensive line was an issue heading into the 2010 season, and the Steelers have not had a quality center since the retirement of Jeff Hartings.

So, the Steelers were thrilled when Maurkice Pouncey fell to them with the 18th pick in the first round.

Pouncey was not expected to be ready to adjust to the Pro game so quickly. When they drafted Pouncey, they hoped that Pouncey would be able start at right guard. That way, he would be able to learn the center position, get accustomed to the speed and hopefully be able to move to the center position by 2011.

Read more: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/533790-nfl-could-maurkice-pouncey-be-the-offensive-rookie-of-the-year

fansince'76
12-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Nope, Bradford will get it.

Steeltreal
12-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Sam Bradford and its not even close. He's winning games with no name recievers and completing high % along with a 2-1 td - int ratio.

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Bradford has a freaking Fighting Urik Kai to hand the ball off too, Pouncey is a rookie center for the Steelers that have what? 3 backups starting this week?

Bradford will get it, but if there is an Olineman award out there, they should be ready to carve Pouncey into the name plate, that's for sure.

zulater
12-06-2010, 12:22 PM
:
Nope, Bradford will get it.

Yeah, and deservedly so. But still Pouncey was a helluva pick.

Now if we can just pluck a corner of equal skill in next years draft.....:pray:

chenzzo
12-06-2010, 12:34 PM
I'd love it if we could draft Pouncey's twin brother Mike this coming year to help on that O-line. One Pouncey is great, imagine how good two of them would be.

SteelerFanInStl
12-06-2010, 03:08 PM
An OL will never win offensive rookie of the year, especially when there's a QB like Bradford in the running also.

steeldevil
12-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Nope. He is an Offensive lineman. That is not a "sexy" position. Thus he has no chance at the award. End of story.

Merchant
12-06-2010, 03:44 PM
It's pretty clear this year..

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Sam Bradford

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Ndamukong Suh

pretty interesting that they went 1, 2 in the draft.

SMR
12-06-2010, 03:52 PM
It's pretty clear this year..

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Sam Bradford

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Ndamukong Suh

pretty interesting that they went 1, 2 in the draft.

I pretty much agree with you on those.

Psycho Ward 86
12-06-2010, 06:38 PM
I wish! The only guys who have been able to make him look bad are Ngata and Kyle Williams, and those are the best in the league!

Count Steeler
12-06-2010, 07:25 PM
He doesn't need that kind of recognition. He has already carved a special place in the hearts of the Steelers fans, now if we can just get him some help.

NCSteeler
12-07-2010, 12:30 AM
I'd love it if we could draft Pouncey's twin brother Mike this coming year to help on that O-line. One Pouncey is great, imagine how good two of them would be.

IDK, looks like he's not near as good to me.

oneforthetoe
12-07-2010, 01:04 AM
Even thought Ngata was able to push Pouncy around a bit, I love the fight Pouncy showed. There was a play where Pouncy picked up Ngata on a bull rush. Ngata got Pouncy going backwards pretty fierce. However, Pouncy kept his feet and at the last moment got Ngata turned to Pouncy's left as Ben rolled to his right. Not exactly how you draw it up, but it was pretty impressive how he kept his feet and kept battling..

SirHulka
12-07-2010, 01:11 AM
Bradford gets it, hands down. But DROY? Look at the stats. It SHOULD be Haden. And if we can somehow get to 8-8, that would really improve his chances.

Borski
12-07-2010, 01:18 AM
IDK, looks like he's not near as good to me.

I havent seen him recently, but last I saw the Gators put Mike in Makuice's old spot as center, a position he wasnt used to playing. I think he was better when he wasn't playing center.

chenzzo
12-07-2010, 04:07 PM
I havent seen him recently, but last I saw the Gators put Mike in Makuice's old spot as center, a position he wasnt used to playing. I think he was better when he wasn't playing center.

yep, have him fill in one of the other spots where we're weak on the O-line.

tube517
12-07-2010, 04:17 PM
I heard that too.