PDA

View Full Version : Ravens believe they handed the Steelers the game

LLT
12-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Ravens believe they handed the Steelers the game
By Mark Kaboly
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, December 6, 2010

It will go down in the record books as a 13-10 Steelers win over Baltimore.

But the Ravens will always view it as something else.

“I’m sure they would like to say they took it with the turnover at the end,” receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh said. “We gave them the game. Y’all watched the game. Y’all know that. They know that.”

Troy Polamalu’s strip sack of Joe Flacco on a 2nd-and-5 play with a little more than three minutes left in 10-6 game led to the game-winning touchdown and left the Ravens stunned.

“We gave it to them,” linebacker Terrell Suggs said.

Instead of having control of the division with four games left, the Ravens are now sitting in the sixth and final wildcard spot in the AFC

Read More:
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_712448.html

X-Terminator
12-06-2010, 09:19 AM
Yep, never give any credit to your opponent when you lose. It's the Raven way. :coffee:

BPS3akaWirels3
12-06-2010, 09:22 AM
I am on the Baltimore Sun board everyday and they will never admit the Steelers are the better team.. This time they can't use the excuse the refs gave us the game.

Nadroj 20
12-06-2010, 09:23 AM
They were up the whole game and they were keeping us out of the endzone until the strip sack put us into good field position and we were finally able to find the endzone with under 3 minutes left in the game. To be honest they are right, but that happens and i'll take it.

We made a play when it was crucial and didnt give up so credit does go out to the steelers but i wish we would have played better as a group.

SteelerFanInStl
12-06-2010, 09:25 AM
Yep, never give any credit to your opponent when you lose. It's the Raven way. :coffee:

Yep, that's what they do every time that they lose to us. :jerkit:

HometownGal
12-06-2010, 09:25 AM
What the Rats fail to acknowledge is that they were beaten by the team who wanted it more and refused to give up. Heart, character, unity - words that are foreign to those purple pimples.

fansince'76
12-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Reed makes 2 FGs that he missed in week 4 and we're 10-2 and they're 7-5 right now. Them's the breaks. :coffee:

polamalubeast
12-06-2010, 09:34 AM
Ben Roethlisberger is 8-2 vs ravens(2 loss in 2006) :coffee:

Flacco is 2-5 vs steelers(and 0-5 vs Roethlisberger):coffee:

Doc
12-06-2010, 09:36 AM

THE END.

Texasteel
12-06-2010, 09:36 AM
It's comforting to know that no matter what team Houshmandzadeh is on, he will always be an ignorant loud mouth loser. The rats were held to 10 points, and gave up 13, even though their defense was aloud to mug our QB and hold our WRs. The calls were so bad that even a well known Steeler hater had to acknowledge the fact. No you didn't give it away, we took it from you.

BPS3akaWirels3
12-06-2010, 09:56 AM
From the Raven's board:

Today, 10:26 AM
http://talk.baltimoresun.com/customavatars/avatar2630_5.gif (http://talk.baltimoresun.com/member.php?u=2630) Pickle20 (http://talk.baltimoresun.com/member.php?u=2630) http://talk.baltimoresun.com/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/images/icons/icon1.gif Congrats Steelers fans...
I don't think you guys played well enough to beat us. Let me get that out of the way. The Polamalu hit and fumble was what won you guys the game, and it came down to that play. But besides that, I think the Ravens beat themselves and it's been a common occurrence in every loss so far this season.

I am also thankful that we stole that game from you in Pittsburgh. I am still in retroactive shock that it happened after watching how this team pissed away a win last night.

But anyway, to the point of the thread.

I thought all the Steelers fans I saw at the game were well-behaved. I sat next to a father and daughter who were Steelers fans and they were very nice and I enjoyed talking to them during the game. It put things into perspective for me and made me realize that some things are bigger than a heated rivalry.

Ben. MF Ben. We broke his nose, he had a broken bone in his foot and he still beat us.

Anyway, congrats guys and I hope to see you again in the playoffs, even if it is in Pittsburgh.

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://talk.baltimoresun.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=6933931)

HometownGal
12-06-2010, 09:59 AM
It's comforting to know that no matter what team Houshmandzadeh is on, he will always be an ignorant loud mouth loser.

IBoinkedFlaccosGrandMama will never be able to hide from the curse of the :tt02:

HometownGal
12-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Ben. MF Ben. We broke his nose, he had a broken bone in his foot and he still beat us.

Remember that the next time you Rats fans question his character and heart and ask yourselves - could Flacid or any other NFL QB out there today have done what Ben did last night banged up to hell and back? I think you know the answer.

Anwho how - thanks for the props. I think. :heh:

BPS3akaWirels3
12-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Remember that the next time you Rats fans question his character and heart and ask yourselves - could Flacid or any other NFL QB out there today have done what Ben did last night banged up to hell and back? I think you know the answer.

Anwho how - thanks for the props. I think. :heh:

I'm assuming everyone heard what they were chanting during the whole game.. "No means No" Ben has now shut them up..

steelpride12
12-06-2010, 10:24 AM
Yupp our Steelers will never just flat out get a win against the Rats and I really don't care what their players, media or fans think of course they are going to bitch and cry. Let me guess losing Heap lost you the game, no we have a game changer named Polumalu and he is just a head hunter and mostly a Flacco hunter. Sorry but at the end of the day the Steelers were the better team and that's why we won waa!

HometownGal
12-06-2010, 10:27 AM
I'm assuming everyone heard what they were chanting during the whole game.. "No means No" Ben has now shut them up..

He should have chanted back at 'em "Six means Six" as he left the field. :heh: :thumbsup:

Iron Steeler
12-06-2010, 10:48 AM
Ya right they handed us the game!!!

We had an injured punter in the first quarter and our "really young and inexperience" fg kicker had to punt. And they couldn't capitalize on that. And when Suisham did punt a good punt our dumbasses would draw a penalty to bring it back! I believe this happened twice.

And I hate to say this... But the holding on our LBs is always constant that never gets called.

Our QB getting mauled, and FACED MASKD by Suggs...

Miller getting a dirty hit that didn't draw a foul (still waiting on fine) - And we still manage to convert points on that drive...

Hines ward dropping a huge 3rd catch in the numbers, as well as Sanders on another 3rd down attempt.

McFadden had a bad game but that last pass interference call was bulll...

So ya ravens fans look at the fact... Everything went your way the whole game, the Steelers had to fight you , the dirty hits and the refs.

Like TexasSteel said we didn't get handed the game, WE TOOK IT!

Great job last night Steelers!! Good win against the Baltimore Ravens, NFL Officiating , and Roger Goodell!
Now lets get prepared for next week to face the Cincinnati Bengals, NFL Officiating , and Roger Goodell!

steeldevil
12-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Stay classy Baltimore....

BPS3akaWirels3
12-06-2010, 10:50 AM
He should have chanted back at 'em "Six means Six" as he left the field. :heh: :thumbsup:

My chant that I posted on the Raven's forum was "Ray, Ray put the Knife away".. Somehow it got deleted over there... lol :)

Butch
12-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Yeah I noticed how after the turnover their D just cleared the path for Redman to just waltz into the endzone unmolested!!!

They stole the 1st game from us and we stole one from them if that's the way ya' wanna look at it, but the bottom line is we made the plays this game that they made last game.

Every game this year we seem to have the same thing happen. Ben is cold, then the receivers start to drop passes, 3rd quarter nothing, then the grand finish. If Ben and the receivers can get hot early in games we should be able to blow some teams out, but then that wouldn't be as exciting would it. LOL

Moose
12-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Who cares what they say ? It's a WIN for the Black and Gold and I'll take 6 or 7 MORE of those gimme's !! LOL !

steelpride12
12-06-2010, 11:00 AM
And I guess losing our Punter, an OL men with an already poor line, the missed calls on the Ngata head hit and the Miller helmet to helmet also helped us win the game right? Idiots.

zulater
12-06-2010, 12:03 PM

I pretty much think we handed them the first game. And if last night's officiating crew had been working the first game Oher would have been called for at least 3 false starts that he wasn't in that game that he should have, and as i remember the result of a couple of those plays factored significantly in the result. so long story short, we were as close to a sweep as they were.

Godfather
12-06-2010, 01:19 PM
What a maroon.

They didn't make any unforced errors. Troy beat their blocking and got to Flacco. Ben pushed Suggs off. Redman made a great run.

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2010, 01:22 PM
"we gave them the game"

"yeah because like we didn't block the most dynamic safety in the history of the game and didn't even bother to look for him on a 2nd and five in our own terrirtory when we were calling a playaction pass"

Yep...you "gave" the game away...Morons...enjoy playing in KC week 1 in the playoffs.

Steeldude
12-06-2010, 01:27 PM
the steelers are going to have a tough time keeping the AFC north. their O-line when healthy was poor, but now it's even worse due to the injuries. essex and scott on the ends? that's bad news. what's worse news is hills backs them up.

the secondary is still bad with mcfadden as the starter. i guess it doesn't make any difference who starts. maybe they should try butler. could he be any worse?

2011 draft needs are O-line and CB

polamalubeast
12-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Ravens fan is very upset :lol::lol::lol::lol:

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/30120-ravens-have-no-heart-no-championship-mentality/

Ravens Have No Heart! No Championship Mentality Done with them the rest of the year...... #1 bmore187

Veteran

Group: Members Posts: 292 Joined: 06-July 07 Gender:Male Location:Las Vegas Posted Today, 12:11 AM

absolutely sickening to watch. R U KIDDING ME? U dont even try for the fg? Ed Dickson rolling around on the ground instead of getting up and running 1 more yard for the first down when he wasnt touched? Cant recognize when Troy is up on the line that he is blitzing? Cant sack Big Ben with his one good foot? Billy Cindiff looking like he was about to cry if he was called upon for the kick ( cmon man) . Ravens dont have the " It factor " They cant put teams away and can never hold a lead.....They will make the playoffs but do nothing but lose.....im not rooting for another team but im done with the ravens for this season.....bunch of chumps....yall ( Ravens ) suck!

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2010, 02:26 PM
This is great:

"Billy Cindiff looking like he was about to cry if he was called upon for the kick ( cmon man) ."

My wife even commented as we watched the game, "Oh man this guy is done, he looks like he's about to crap his pants, he'll never make that kick!" SO funny that someone else noticed his face on the sidelines! Greatest line every. Looking like he's about to cry...and he hadn't even kicked it yet.

steel9guy
12-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Well then I guess we handed them the game in October lol. We had more yards too and they were all earned. But thats fine I guess we did hand them the game by playing hard and playing GREAT Defense. Good point T.J..

HometownGal
12-06-2010, 02:40 PM
im done with the ravens for this season.....bunch of chumps....yall ( Ravens ) suck!

Wasn't this dude a Steelers fan who participated in the Game Day threads when we were still over the other place? :noidea: Sure sounds familiar. :heh:

The Rats lost for one reason and one reason only. I keep saying it but it is so true. The Steelers wanted it more and played with their hearts not their egos. The Rats thought they had that game in the bag when Troy came up to the line basically unaccounted for on that play and found out the hard way that these Pittsburgh Steelers, though banged up, bruised and pieced together don't give up and fight until the final second ticks off that clock.

There, there little Rats - coddle those bruised egos, put your tail feathers between your legs and move on over - there's a new leader in the AFCN. :tt02:

ALLD
12-06-2010, 02:41 PM
I thought the Ravens had Ed Reed and big, bad Ray Lewis- not to mention Peyton Manning Jr., Joe Falco??? They were supposed to be unbeatable, especially when they were going up against the bad guys of the NFL, the Steelers.

Don't even get me started on all the missed calls.

Yes, there is no conspiracy against the Steelers, however there is some kind of league agenda.

Edman
12-06-2010, 03:09 PM
The Steelers get a first down on Offense back in Week 4 and the Ravens are battling for their playoff lives right now.

Get over yourself, Baltimore. You lost yet another meaningful game against the Steelers. Enjoy the Wildcard race.

Shawn
12-06-2010, 03:18 PM
From the Raven's board:

Today, 10:26 AM
http://talk.baltimoresun.com/customavatars/avatar2630_5.gif (http://talk.baltimoresun.com/member.php?u=2630) Pickle20 (http://talk.baltimoresun.com/member.php?u=2630) http://talk.baltimoresun.com/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/images/icons/icon1.gif Congrats Steelers fans...
I don't think you guys played well enough to beat us. Let me get that out of the way. The Polamalu hit and fumble was what won you guys the game, and it came down to that play. But besides that, I think the Ravens beat themselves and it's been a common occurrence in every loss so far this season.

That still doesn't tell the whole story. The fumble put us in position, we capitalized, then BAL was driving down the field and couldn't get it done. A poor effort on third down and a pathetic pass on 4th down is what sealed the game. That series of events won us the game, Troy's forced fumble put the rest of the events in motion. Big difference. Not saying Troy isn't a difference maker, but a football game doesn't come down to a single play too often. There's a reason there are 60 minutes.

solardave
12-06-2010, 03:38 PM
By Mark Kaboly
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, December 6, 2010

“I’m sure they would like to say they took it with the turnover at the end,” receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh said. “We gave them the game. Y’all watched the game. Y’all know that. They know that.”

Troy Polamalu’s strip sack of Joe Flacco on a 2nd-and-5 play with a little more than three minutes left in 10-6 game led to the game-winning touchdown and left the Ravens stunned.

Instead of having control of the division with four games left, the Ravens are now sitting in the sixth and final wildcard spot in the AFC

Read More:

Don't need to read any more. The Ravens can go shit in their helmets. LOOOOOOOSERS!!!! Cheap shot artists.

7SteelGal43
12-06-2010, 04:00 PM
They "gave" us the game ? Wow....they have truly earned these fine lookin' hoodies.

http://rlv.zcache.com/baltimoron_tshirt-p235141000911245665y2f5_210.jpg

fansince'76
12-06-2010, 04:11 PM
im done with the ravens for this season.....bunch of chumps....yall ( Ravens ) suck!

Wasn't this dude a Steelers fan who participated in the Game Day threads when we were still over the other place? :noidea: Sure sounds familiar. :heh:

Which one? There were literally dozens like that. :chuckle:

X-Terminator
12-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Which one? There were literally dozens like that. :chuckle:

There was one guy whose SN, ironically, was I_Bleed_Black_and_Gold who came right out and said "I'm done with this team" during a game in 2008, and we all know what happened that year. :tt02: I made it my personal mission to never let him forget it. :chuckle:

Shoes
12-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Harbaugh is an arrogant pig.....

ALLD
12-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Harbaugh is an arrogant pig.....

He reminds me of Nick Saban. What an asshole and Nick Saban the liar, has at least won something.

stillers4me
12-06-2010, 06:36 PM
They gave us the game?? I see that high power offense with all their high profile WR's they picked up got the job done...yessiree....they showed us. :upyours:

Psycho Ward 86
12-06-2010, 06:47 PM
http://www.manorhg.com/store/images/MT_Toscana_Rec_Tissue.jpg

GutterflowerSteel
12-06-2010, 06:55 PM
WAH WAH WAH ... MORE EXCUSES

Posted: Monday, December 6, 2010 12:54 am | Updated: 9:21 am, Mon Dec 6, 2010.

Fourth quarter woes doom Ravens in loss to Steelers
:tt02:
By Aaron Wilson, Times Staff Writer Carroll County Times | 0 comments

BALTIMORE -- The football left quarterback Joe Flacco's fingertips in a hurry and artlessly skidded across the ground, bouncing toward rookie tight end Ed Dickson and painfully ending the Baltimore Ravens' dream of sweeping the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Instead of having kicker Billy Cundiff attempt to boot a 49-yard field goal into a blustery wind with goalpost flags and trash blowing in the wrong direction, the Ravens had Flacco go for it on fourth down.

The incompletion spelled doom for the Ravens as they relinquished their grip on the AFC North division, absorbing an emotional 13-10 defeat in their annual grudge match with the Steelers on Sunday night before 71,418 at chilly M&T Bank Stadium. The Ravens stumbled out of first place.

Steelers fullback Isaac Redman bulled through tackle attempts by strong safety Dawan Landry and outside linebacker Jarret Johnson on a nine-yard game-winning touchdown pass from quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in the final minutes.

"Obviously, it was a tough loss," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. "Basically, we gave the game away at the end. We should've won the football game, and that's disappointing. We'll keep fighting like we always do. We'll find a way to get into the playoffs. We might still win the division."

The Ravens (8-4) fell one game behind the Steelers (9-3) in the division standings with four games remaining and will probably have to battle for a wild-card playoff berth. And the Ravens' eight-game home winning streak that dated back to last season was halted, ending the longest current streak in the league.

"This one is a heartbreaker," offensive tackle Michael Oher said. "That's our division rival, we want to beat those guys every time. We wanted to take control of the division. To lose this one, we'll have to keep fighting for the rest of the year."

Flacco short-armed the throw after he was unable to find Anquan Boldin downfield.

:violin:

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sports/ravens/article_a68d9d12-00fd-11e0-9fa6-001cc4c03286.html

NJarhead
12-06-2010, 06:58 PM
what a joke. doesn't even need to be debated IMO.

NCSteeler
12-07-2010, 12:36 AM
Why is it every single time DEFENSE wins a game for anyone, the other team says they gave it away. Baltimore is/was a defensive team they ought to know this as good as we do, sometimes the DEFENSE wins the game.

On a side note, they had the brow throw over 30 times, did they really think they had the personell (cough, QB cough) to try the Pats game plan??

Edman
12-07-2010, 01:26 AM
Can you really blame the Ravens for being so bitter? The Steelers have been a major thorn in their side for YEARS. Each and every year we cause them pain. We break their hearts routinely. Baltimore fielded good teams, but it was always Pittsburgh who stood in their way. They had three shots at the Steelers in 2008, and they lost each one. We won BOTH playoff meetings over them. The Ravens have a pathetic record at Heinz Field. We eat at them so bad that it's seeped into obsession within the organization and fanbase. We're in their heads 24/7.

And with this recent win, we'll likely eat at them even more. The Ravens had everything going for them, they picked up Boldin and Housh in free agency, a solid Defense and running game, a healthy team and with Flaccid in his third year, the Ravens weren't fooling around anymore. This was going to be their time. A limping Steelers team walking into their place with first place on the line and chance to sweep them? The scenario couldn't be any more perfect, and we spoiled it.

Craic
12-07-2010, 01:40 AM
Let's see. They were winning at the end of the game. They lost the football, their D let them score a TD, by our RB breaking 2 or 3 tackles, instead of holding us to a fieldgoal. Then Flacco throws the ball into the ground on fourth down.

I don't know, but in my book, it seems they handed the game to us- and we reached out and took it. Not sure what everyone is so fired up about.

First game, our FG kicker handed them the game, missing enough FG's to account for the difference in the score. At this level, games are given away as much as they are won, because the other team SHOULD be able to capitalize on those games.

Craic
12-07-2010, 01:42 AM
Why is it every single time DEFENSE wins a game for anyone, the other team says they gave it away. Baltimore is/was a defensive team they ought to know this as good as we do, sometimes the DEFENSE wins the game.

On a side note, they had the brow throw over 30 times, did they really think they had the personell (cough, QB cough) to try the Pats game plan??

Against our Defense? Yep. I would say that is a fair shot.

SteelMember
12-07-2010, 10:03 AM
They were up the whole game and they were keeping us out of the endzone until the strip sack put us into good field position and we were finally able to find the endzone with under 3 minutes left in the game. To be honest they are right, but that happens and i'll take it.

We made a play when it was crucial and didnt give up so credit does go out to the steelers but i wish we would have played better as a group.

This is about how I feel.

I am in no way going to discount the fantastic play Troy made to pull us out of the fire... once again, but with what, under 4 minutes left, they could have easily played "run", burned as much of the clock as they could, and put us on a long field... again. Our drives were stalling. Earlier we had 3 shots for the endzone, and we had to settle for the field goal. Luckily that strip sack left us in great field position. I don't know if we could have put in in from anywhere beyond the 20. Hell, if it wasn't for Redman's effort, we don't get in from inside the 10.

zulater
12-07-2010, 10:51 AM
OK they want to play woulda, coulda, shoulda, why can't we. Start with this, 0-0 game, Steelers with the ball 3rd and 8 on their own 44, Ngata commits a personal foul that goes uncalled. So instead of the resulting sack which forced a Steeler punt, the Steelers instead should have had first and 10 at the Ravens 41.

Follow with their one TD drive Basically the result of one long pass on 3rd and 15 from their own 3. 99 out of 100 times they don't convert that play, and end up punting form their end zone. Then further down the field same possession, on second and 18 from the Steelers 33 Houzidaddy catches a ball on the sideline for an 8 yard gain that probably could have been overturned on a challenge as he appeared not to get a second foot down. With a successfull challenge the Ravens are facing 3rd and 18 from the 33, and might not even get a fg out of that possession.

Early second quarter, Steelers with 2nd and 10 from the Raven 45 Ben throws an interception on what probably was a mix up of patterns by one of our rookie wideouts, ( Sanders) who ended up running his coverage right into the intended receiver.

Late second quarter, Steelers at the Ravens 38, 3rd and 10, Hines Ward drops a perfectly thrown ball, that would have resulted in first down yardage and put the Steelers in position to score at the end of the half. Hines catches that pass 95% of the time or more. ( see how we almost gave the game away yet? :chuckle:)

Late 3rd quarter Sanders goes down untouched at the 2 yard line, doesn't have the wherewithal to roll into the end zone, ( rookie mistake, not dissing the guy) Steelers end up settling for the fg.

And that's not to mention the uncalled Heath Miller helmet to helmet call, and the illegal formation ( that had nothing to do with the result of the play) that wiped out a 3rd down conversion to Mike Wallace mid 4th quarter.

So the way I look at it, if it wasn't for poor luck, missed calls, and a couple self inflicted gaffes, the Steelers would have run awauy with it.

:coffee:

fansince'76
12-07-2010, 11:06 AM
OK they want to play woulda, coulda, shoulda, why can't we.

Exactly. How about in the first game Reed makes the 2 FGs he missed, we're up 20-10 with a minute left and the TD pass to Housh is inconsequential. Shit happens.

HometownGal
12-07-2010, 11:07 AM
OK they want to play woulda, coulda, shoulda, why can't we. Start with this, 0-0 game, Steelers with the ball 3rd and 8 on their own 44, Ngata commits a personal foul that goes uncalled. So instead of the resulting sack which forced a Steeler punt, the Steelers instead should have had first and 10 at the Ravens 41.

Follow with their one TD drive Basically the result of one long pass on 3rd and 15 from their own 3. 99 out of 100 times they don't convert that play, and end up punting form their end zone. Then further down the field same possession, on second and 18 from the Steelers 33 Houzidaddy catches a ball on the sideline for an 8 yard gain that probably could have been overturned on a challenge as he appeared not to get a second foot down. With a successfull challenge the Ravens are facing 3rd and 18 from the 33, and might not even get a fg out of that possession.

Early second quarter, Steelers with 2nd and 10 from the Raven 45 Ben throws an interception on what probably was a mix up of patterns by one of our rookie wideouts, ( Sanders) who ended up running his coverage right into the intended receiver.

Late second quarter, Steelers at the Ravens 38, 3rd and 10, Hines Ward drops a perfectly thrown ball, that would have resulted in first down yardage and put the Steelers in position to score at the end of the half. Hines catches that pass 95% of the time or more. ( see how we almost gave the game away yet? :chuckle:)

Late 3rd quarter Sanders goes down untouched at the 2 yard line, doesn't have the wherewithal to roll into the end zone, ( rookie mistake, not dissing the guy) Steelers end up settling for the fg.

And that's not to mention the uncalled Heath Miller helmet to helmet call, and the illegal formation ( that had nothing to do with the result of the play) that wiped out a 3rd down conversion to Mike Wallace mid 4th quarter.

So the way I look at it, if it wasn't for poor luck, missed calls, and a couple self inflicted gaffes, the Steelers would have run awauy with it.

:coffee:

Stop it Zu - you're making way too much sense and the average Rat fan isn't capable of comprehending common sense. :horror: :heh:

zulater
12-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Exactly. How about in the first game Reed makes the 2 FGs he missed, we're up 20-10 with a minute left and the TD pass to Housh is inconsequential. Shit happens.

Yep, great point. We were just as close to sweeping the series this year as they were.

But the truth is the split was the correct result, both teams earned their win fairly on the field, and no one should be bitching. I think the vast majority of Steeler fans, players and coaches get this from what i'm reading here ( you included fan) and elsewhere. But for some odd reason the Ravens, from coaches down to fans, just don't seem to get it?

Oh well, hope they don't let it spoil their season,.... well, actually I do. :chuckle:

HometownGal
12-07-2010, 11:18 AM
"This one is a heartbreaker," offensive tackle Michael Oher said. "That's our division rival, we want to beat those guys every time. We wanted to take control of the division. To lose this one, we'll have to keep fighting for the rest of the year."

Ya FINALLY got called for holding lard ass. God knows you've gotten away with it the entire season. :pig:

"Obviously, it was a tough loss," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. "Basically, we gave the game away at the end. We should've won the football game, and that's disappointing. We'll keep fighting like we always do. We'll find a way to get into the playoffs. We might still win the division."

Your squad of goons took Heath and the Hotel Flo out and tried your damnedest to take out Ben but in the end, the "hair", the hobbled up QB with the broken schnoz and a little man lovingly referred to as "Redzone" took a huge bite out of your asses. :upyours: :lol:

zulater
12-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Stop it Zu - you're making way too much sense and the average Rat fan isn't capable of comprehending common sense. :horror: :heh:

Good point. :tongue1:

zulater
12-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Ya FINALLY got called for holding lard ass. God knows you've gotten away with it the entire season. :pig:

:

Yeah, and he actually got called for his false starts this time around too. Loved to have seen what sort of effect it would have had on the first game if the plays where Oher got an early start on in the first game were negated with a flag as they shoukld have been.

GutterflowerSteel
12-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Can you really blame the Ravens for being so bitter? The Steelers have been a major thorn in their side for YEARS. Each and every year we cause them pain. We break their hearts routinely. Baltimore fielded good teams, but it was always Pittsburgh who stood in their way. They had three shots at the Steelers in 2008, and they lost each one. We won BOTH playoff meetings over them. The Ravens have a pathetic record at Heinz Field. We eat at them so bad that it's seeped into obsession within the organization and fanbase. We're in their heads 24/7.

And with this recent win, we'll likely eat at them even more. The Ravens had everything going for them, they picked up Boldin and Housh in free agency, a solid Defense and running game, a healthy team and with Flaccid in his third year, the Ravens weren't fooling around anymore. This was going to be their time. A limping Steelers team walking into their place with first place on the line and chance to sweep them? The scenario couldn't be any more perfect, and we spoiled it.

Perfect summation :applaudit: I should cut and paste your post onto my Facebook status :nod:

TheRuneMeister
12-07-2010, 02:11 PM
I didn't bother to read all 6 pages, but to me it's pretty simple. The Ravens didn't hand the Steelers the anything, Troy literally stole it from them. Went right over to Flacco, stole it, gave it to the offense ('it' being the ball and the victory). There is basically no other way of looking at it. The Ravens know that, but I can certainly understand that it feels better to say what they are saying.

steelerdude15
12-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Ravens just cry and cry and cry.

NCSteeler
12-08-2010, 01:12 AM
Against our Defense? Yep. I would say that is a fair shot.

Flacco will never be a Manning or Brady type of QB.

polamalubeast
06-12-2011, 10:37 AM
By Mark Kaboly
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, December 6, 2010

Read More:

The Ravens always say to each his defeat against the Steelers since 2008..... Its makes me laugh!... He has no excuse to lose a playoff game after leading 21-7 after a half.

Edman
06-12-2011, 11:42 AM
The Ravens "gave" us the second game, and then what do they do for an encore?

Lose to the Steelers in the playoffs again. Par for the Raven course, they have nothing but excuses and tears. It's beyond sad at this point.