PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger has nose for winning

zulater
12-06-2010, 12:30 AM
Three things we know about Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger today:

• He was just good enough for his team to beat the Baltimore Ravens Sunday night in a game that meant everything in the AFC North Division race.

• That broken right foot he hobbled into the game with? The bloodied nose he had early in the first quarter from a hit by defensive tackle Haloti Ngata? He barely felt the pain.

And ...

• He really doesn't get any protection from the NFL officials.

Of course, none of those points is a surprise.

Especially not the first one.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10340/1108685-87.stm#ixzz17JJiSM00

zulater
12-06-2010, 12:35 AM
Roethlisberger shook off a rough first half; he was just 9 for 19 with an interception and a puny 39.8 passer rating. He was sacked twice, the first time by linebacker Terrell Suggs and Ngata, who swiped Roethlisberger across the nose as he made a tackle. Is that not considered a hit to the head? Please, explain it to me.

While you have the league office on the phone, have them explain why Ravens safety Dawan Landry wasn't flagged for a late hit on Roethlisberger in the second quarter. Roethlisberger got up and looked to referee Terry McAulay for a flag before gesturing angrily at him.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10340/1108685-87.stm#ixzz17JJz8VHY

Tunch alluded to the Dawan Landry non call. I remember watching the play, and when Ben delived the ball no one was near him, and then after the play they show Ben staggering up, and I remember wondering how the hell that could have happened without a late hit. But of course NBC never bothered to show the replay, so I wasn't sure. But I'm glad Cook reminded me of it.

Craic
12-06-2010, 12:44 AM
I gotta admit,

When Ben broke his nose, the thought that went through my mind was, "Well, at least Ngata may have just saved Ben from any more off-season problems-He's going to be ugly with that broken nose!"

lol.