PDA

View Full Version : Next up: Bengals Round 2.

Edman
12-06-2010, 12:28 AM
Cincy's disappointing season is virtually shot at 2-10, so they're going to play the role of spoiler for a Steelers team coming off a big win to take the North division lead. They actually gave the Saints a game Sunday.

Cincy may suck again, but they almost stole one from us last month. Can't take 'em lightly.

Besides we still owe them for last year anyway.

Psycho Ward 86
12-06-2010, 12:57 AM
I think we'll slug 'em this time. I just think they're far too banged up and far too emotionally out of it to put up a W right now.

stlrtruck
12-06-2010, 01:16 AM
I think we'll slug 'em this time. I just think they're far too banged up and far too emotionally out of it to put up a W right now.

All the more reason not to take them lightly. Nothing would give them a better feeling than putting us back in to a tie with baltimore.

Galax Steeler
12-06-2010, 04:10 AM
We need to come out and play hard and not take them lightly we need this win bad.

HometownGal
12-06-2010, 07:43 AM
This game has trap written all over it. Anyone think our guys were battling each other after the game last night for the hot tub? :heh:

I don't think the Steelers will take the Bungles lightly at all and after last night's emotional and hard-fought victory, they'll come out onto that field next Sunday like a team possessed. Marv and his merry band of shitheads are going to be trying to save Uncle Marv's ass for next season so I expect the Bungles to bring everything they've got.

X-Terminator
12-06-2010, 09:00 AM
Yep, this is Uncle Marv's swan song. He'll want to beat the Steelers before he finds that pink slip on his desk on January 3. Definitely a trap game, one where the Steelers can very easily have a letdown after a tough, emotional win last night.

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2010, 10:21 AM
There is no trap here. We are much more talented than the Bengals and it will show. Carson is a shell of himself, the defense is pathetic, Ocho hasn't had a big game in years. They are done. This week, we will come out and put a stomping on them. Beat them down into the earth and ground them beneath our Boot Heals.

This is not the year we lose games we should win. That was last year. This is the year we win the AFC North, get a First Round Bye and head to Number 7. It starts this saturday when our Mash Unit and 3rd Stringers put a beat down on the Bengals and cause them to quit in the 1st quarter and start thinking about what color uniform most of these jackholes will be wearing next season.

We will stuff their running game, we will blitz their QB til he throws 3 pics, they will get some passing yards on us, but our Redzone D will shut them down, and we will exchange TDs for their FGs and win this thing going away.

I hereby Declare this Will Happen!!! IT FCKING BETTER

steelpride12
12-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Yupp probably the toughest test of the rest of our games. The Steelers all hyped and confident after the Rats win hopefully will not over look the 2-10 Bungles who have given a tough game to most of these pretty talented teams like the Saints and almost beat us. We have to bring out A game because playing spoiler can be a dangerous role for the opponent, but I believe Tomlin will have the boys prepared and ready for a W at home!

Moose
12-06-2010, 11:07 AM
This again is a DIVISION GAME so it's a MUST WIN !! Don't take these bungholes lightly.... they've been in just about every game and ended up shooting themselves in the foot to lose. We need to come out at the beginning and just get pouring it on them....run up the score so bad that the 4th quarter is so far out of reach for them that their 21 point scoring won't affect the game, or McFadden giving T.O. or Chad their big catches won't matter !!

stlrtruck
12-06-2010, 11:10 AM
There is no trap here. We are much more talented than the Bengals and it will show. Carson is a shell of himself, the defense is pathetic, Ocho hasn't had a big game in years. They are done. This week, we will come out and put a stomping on them. Beat them down into the earth and ground them beneath our Boot Heals.

This is not the year we lose games we should win. That was last year. This is the year we win the AFC North, get a First Round Bye and head to Number 7. It starts this saturday when our Mash Unit and 3rd Stringers put a beat down on the Bengals and cause them to quit in the 1st quarter and start thinking about what color uniform most of these jackholes will be wearing next season.

We will stuff their running game, we will blitz their QB til he throws 3 pics, they will get some passing yards on us, but our Redzone D will shut them down, and we will exchange TDs for their FGs and win this thing going away.

I hereby Declare this Will Happen!!! IT FCKING BETTER

I agree with, however, over the last 3 years, this is the type of team we play down to instead of dominate!

Merchant
12-06-2010, 11:39 AM
They may not be playing for the post-season, but they are playing for their jobs - and that's always dangerous. Can't take em lightly.

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2010, 11:46 AM
I agree with, however, over the last 3 years, this is the type of team we play down to instead of dominate!

Actually, that was not true in 08. In 08 our 4 losses came to playoff teams, the Eagles, The Giants, The Colts and the Titans.

This year we are more like that team. Winning the games we are supposed to win, and losing tough games to tough teams, like the Ravens, Patriots and Saints, all of which will be in the playoffs minus gigantic implosions.

The tough game over the Ravens is over, we have finally gotten the one game lead we need to establish our playoff position and have control over the rest of the season. No more hoping someone else loses (unless you're hoping for home field advantage you Jets lovers tonight LOL) The Bengals are a wounded animal, and yes, they can be dangerous, if you are not ready to face them and are unarmed.

WE are Ready for them, we know who they are, what they are and what they bring. We just need to bring our A Game. They can't beat us if we play our best.

Devilsdancefloor
12-06-2010, 11:51 AM
oddly im not to worried about the bungles, but the game im more concerned with the browns. i think fatman, bobin & cartoon are done

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2010, 11:59 AM
oddly im not to worried about the bungles, but the game im more concerned with the browns. i think fatman, bobin & cartoon are done

I hate looking ahead, but McCoy, if he's playing, does make me nervous. He's a gamer, man I hope the Browns screw up and trade him this off season to someone in the NFC so se don't have to see this kid for years to come. He can Ball. No doubt about it.

Hillis would look good in Black and Gold...just saying.

As for the Bengals, we should dominate them, but as long as we get the W and improve to 4-1 in Division, all is well.

Psycho Ward 86
12-07-2010, 06:26 PM
After so many close games with good teams this season, and an injury list compiling faster than they can replenish, I think it's about time that we just knock the complete snot out of a team in all 3 phases of football. What better team than the Bengals?

BPS3akaWirels3
12-07-2010, 06:29 PM
I thought we would of the last 2 - 8 team we played.. I was about as stressed as this past Sunday... I learned it's not a good thing to be driving on the PA turnpike land listening to OT... Can you say ROAD RAGE???

Carolina Steelers
12-07-2010, 06:34 PM
After so many close games with good teams this season, and an injury list compiling faster than they can replenish, I think it's about time that we just knock the complete snot out of a team in all 3 phases of football. What better team than the Bengals?

I hope by the 3rd qtr we have this game in hand, but i remember the 1st time we played them i thought the same thing and we almost blew it. I hope we dont have a let down after beating the Ravens then playing a 2 win Bengals team

Count Steeler
12-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Time to start prepping for the playoffs. Need consistent effort for 60 minutes in every game to come. Need to start developing the killer instinct as well. Get the lead early and then stomp on them until the end. Don't let them get any momentum or confidence. Let the offense be scared to come on the field and let the defense get worn down with 7-8 minute pounding drives. Then rest Ben at the end of the 3rd quarter and let Lefty get some snaps. Maybe Sushi can play QB as well.

zulater
12-07-2010, 08:19 PM
:
This game has trap written all over it. Anyone think our guys were battling each other after the game last night for the hot tub? :heh:

I don't think the Steelers will take the Bungles lightly at all and after last night's emotional and hard-fought victory, they'll come out onto that field next Sunday like a team possessed. Marv and his merry band of shitheads are going to be trying to save Uncle Marv's ass for next season so I expect the Bungles to bring everything they've got.

http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=10461#more-10461

quoting Mike Tomlin.

"I’m not ready to have a quarter talk. It’s Tuesday of the Cincinnati Bengals. They swept us a year ago. They celebrated pretty nicely on our field the second time they beat us. That’s my focus."

So will Mike Tomlin HTG! :tt03:

steelpride12
12-07-2010, 08:58 PM
^ I love the fact that Tomlin addresses that he is never overlooking any opponent and is preparing his squad for the Bungles game and will have them ready!

HollywoodSteel
12-07-2010, 09:00 PM
This is probably going to be a very tough game. Flozell and Heath being out really hurts us. They are very solid run blockers on the right side, which is where we like to go. If the Bengals shut down our running game we'll have to rely more heavily on the passing game than we'd like. This is also going to be tough going with Heath out, our pass protection sketchy, and Ben probably still not as mobile as usual.

I think our defense is going to have to win this one for us. Pressure and turnovers are key. If we can generate a healthy does of those, we should be all right.

Just no more injuries! Please! :pray:

tube517
12-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Divisional game. Records are out the window. I do hope they stay injury free.

This is probably going to be a very tough game. Flozell and Heath being out really hurts us. They are very solid run blockers on the right side, which is where we like to go. If the Bengals shut down our running game we'll have to rely more heavily on the passing game than we'd like. This is also going to be tough going with Heath out, our pass protection sketchy, and Ben probably still not as mobile as usual.

I think our defense is going to have to win this one for us. Pressure and turnovers are key. If we can generate a healthy does of those, we should be all right.

Just no more injuries! Please! :pray:

Galax Steeler
12-08-2010, 03:53 AM
Divisional game. Records are out the window. I do hope they stay injury free.

Agreed we need to get through this one with no more injuries.

steelpride12
12-08-2010, 08:26 AM
Yupp All I care about at this point is the W at home and an injury free game.

Edman
12-08-2010, 05:52 PM
It's December Football. Don't care about Points. Just get it done.

This game actually worries me. Steelers coming off a high-energy win with injuries and a division rival virtually dead, coming to their place. Has the makings of another trap game. It may be another edge of your seat kind of game.