PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin : Wind reason to defer

Steeltreal
12-05-2010, 11:39 PM
A+ coaching knowing in might come down to a 4th quarter field goal. You know the result.

fansince'76
12-05-2010, 11:49 PM
We shoulda hired Whiz instead.... :rolleyes:

CanadianSteel
12-05-2010, 11:55 PM
Was that really the reason ? if they defer doesnt other team get to choose which way they want to go on the field ?
same as if they chose the ball doenst aother tema get to choose which end they want to defend or am i wrong here ?

X-Terminator
12-06-2010, 12:26 AM
Was that really the reason ? if they defer doesnt other team get to choose which way they want to go on the field ?
same as if they chose the ball doenst aother tema get to choose which end they want to defend or am i wrong here ?

No - the Steelers won the toss, so they get to choose which goal to defend whether they take the ball or defer.

stlrtruck
12-06-2010, 01:14 AM
No - the Steelers won the toss, so they get to choose which goal to defend whether they take the ball or defer.

Actually if they defer isn't it that the other team chooses whether to kick or receive, then the Steelers pick which way to go?

Had the Steelers chose to take the ball, then the ravens would have been given the choice of direction. But because we deferred, the ravens got to choose what to do, leaving the direction back to Steelers.

X-Terminator
12-06-2010, 01:27 AM
Actually if they defer isn't it that the other team chooses whether to kick or receive, then the Steelers pick which way to go?

Had the Steelers chose to take the ball, then the ravens would have been given the choice of direction. But because we deferred, the ravens got to choose what to do, leaving the direction back to Steelers.

Yes, that is correct. I totally fubared that one...

stlrtruck
12-06-2010, 07:44 AM
Yes, that is correct. I totally fubared that one...

Every once in awhile I get it right.