PDA

View Full Version : Question: Did McFadden...

SteelerEmpire
12-05-2010, 11:06 PM
... have a bad game ? Or is that just the way he plays ? :chuckle: Am I the only one that noticed ?

venom
12-05-2010, 11:11 PM
I thought it was Willie Gay wearing McFadden's jersey. Wow he was awful tonight.

Shoes
McFadden needs to take a long walk in the park!

RushHard34
I've been a mcfadden supporter from day one.....this game made me look like an idiot

JayC
12-05-2010, 11:14 PM
he just out gay'd william gay. luckily we won despite of him. the only respectable CB we have is ike taylor and i'd rate him at about a B and the others C- or D's. this has to be either our 1st or 2nd priority in the offseason to find another B rated corner.

Psycho Ward 86
12-05-2010, 11:16 PM
He was terribad, but I'll give him a break on one of the pass interference calls which were B.S, and on that TD pass to Boldin, it took 8.34 seconds from the time of the snap to the time of the catch to get there (They showed a replay and a timer of it). Still, those long 60+ yard bombs to Stallworth and Boldin were inexcusable

stlrtruck
12-06-2010, 01:09 AM
From what I've seen with McFadden it seems like he's trying too hard to play too aggressive. In his first stint with the Steelers he showed a better understanding of what he was required to do. It seems lately he's just lost out there and that he can't handle the responsibilities.

pepsyman1
12-06-2010, 01:19 AM
I thought he played incredibly poorly tonight. Even worse than I've gotten used to seeing. The TD was especially annoying. NBC showed a replay and Collingsworth even mentioned he was the underneath coverage with help from the safeties, meaning his job was to stay in front and keep his eyes on THE RECIEVER..the moment he turned to watch Flacco, he was done. The PI call where he pushed the receiver was another horrid decision/play. He is the obvious weakness in our D and appears to be getting worse as the year goes on.

NCSteeler
12-06-2010, 05:02 AM
He definitely is caught in the "trying to do too much" phase. He was dropping off his responsibility to cover the wrong player, he's turning to watch the QB when he is man coverage. He needs to trust the rest of the D to do their job and he needs to just do his. I would like to see him benched, but I'm not sure that's even an option.

Buckinnuts
12-06-2010, 08:05 AM
bench his ass. take achance with someone else we should of never re-signed him

HometownGal
12-06-2010, 08:14 AM
From what I've seen with McFadden it seems like he's trying too hard to play too aggressive. In his first stint with the Steelers he showed a better understanding of what he was required to do. It seems lately he's just lost out there and that he can't handle the responsibilities.

^^ This pretty much sums up my feelings on BMac. Good analysis Scott. :drink:

I think the guy still has it in him - he just needs to stop trying too hard and go with his instincts.

Steeldude
12-06-2010, 09:07 AM
... have a bad game ? Or is that just the way he plays ? :chuckle: Am I the only one that noticed ?

that's the way he has always played in pittsburgh which is why i was shocked when i saw so many fans cheering the steelers for getting him back. mcfadden is horrible.

Steeldude
12-06-2010, 09:10 AM
In his first stint with the Steelers he showed a better understanding of what he was required to do.

i remember him being the same i.e. out of position, lack of speed, too cocky and PI prone.

GodfatherofSoul
12-06-2010, 10:34 AM
He had a weird night. The TD pass and the long bomb when he came off the receiver were simply amateurish plays. Mistakes you'd expect to see from a rookie in preseason. The PI's were borderline. But, you could see he had a shell-shocked look on his face all game. Hopefully this was a fluke occurrence.

Burghfan58
12-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Now you know why AZ let him walk. I'm guessing that he may be done after this season.

Moose
12-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Our CB's are terrible ! Our CB's were terrible last year !! We need CB's damnit !! They give the receivers a 10 yrd cushion and then try to chase them down and 'push' them out of bounds ! What the hell kind of defending is that ? Read the EYE's man !! Read the receiver's EYE's !! Now, as far as McFadden....ugh, no word describes his terrible method of coverage. Send this bafoon walking before he loses a game for us....he tried his damnest to give the ratbirds game away. He's terrible !!

SteelerEmpire
12-06-2010, 12:03 PM
He had a weird night. The TD pass and the long bomb when he came off the receiver were simply amateurish plays. Mistakes you'd expect to see from a rookie in preseason. The PI's were borderline. But, you could see he had a shell-shocked look on his face all game. Hopefully this was a fluke occurrence.

Without looking into his eyes/face he acted as if he was "on something" that didn't quite wear off in time for the game... as his judgements and play were "TOO" erratic ! No one's THAT bad that's been playing for as long as he has.... seriously...

Devilsdancefloor
12-06-2010, 12:19 PM
to be honest he looks like he isnt sure of where he is suppose to be at times or if he has help. the PI on mason i just shook my head and got off the couch for a drink so i didnt go off about it lol. Maybe he is just a nickle back? i dont know i hope he steps it up

Steeldude
12-06-2010, 01:31 PM
No one's THAT bad that's been playing for as long as he has.... seriously...

mcfadden is.

i am tired of seeing cocky DBs who can't back it up with their play.

wouldn't it be great if the secondary was...

FS - polamalu
SS - lake
CB - woodson
CB - blount

Akagi
12-06-2010, 01:49 PM
In the postgame interviews Polamalu took the blame for the TD and the long pass, saying that he was out of position: "...I personally gave up the first touchdown, [and] the big play, by being misaligned. Had I not made those mistakes, then we probably would have not been in that situation late in the game.”

Steelers post game quotes (http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Ravens-Post-Game-Quotes/fa2e8af0-022e-4d49-b289-1dec64e6f2ef)

Ryan Clark on the matter: "“The first half, we had a communication breakdown on the backend. We were trying to switch positions and give them a different look, and we left it open for some big plays. At halftime, Troy [Polamalu] and I were talking that this was the worst half we had played all year." (same link)

It looked like McFadden, and the announcers blamed it on McFadden, but maybe it wasn't.

stlrtruck
12-06-2010, 02:19 PM
mcfadden is.

i am tired of seeing cocky DBs who can't back it up with their play.

wouldn't it be great if the secondary was...

FS - polamalu
SS - lake
CB - woodson
CB - blount

HELL NO! we'd be getting all sorts of personal foul calls! :sarcasm2:

GodfatherofSoul
12-06-2010, 02:24 PM
In the postgame interviews Polamalu took the blame for the TD and the long pass, saying that he was out of position: "...I personally gave up the first touchdown, [and] the big play, by being misaligned. Had I not made those mistakes, then we probably would have not been in that situation late in the game.”

Steelers post game quotes (http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Ravens-Post-Game-Quotes/fa2e8af0-022e-4d49-b289-1dec64e6f2ef)

Ryan Clark on the matter: "“The first half, we had a communication breakdown on the backend. We were trying to switch positions and give them a different look, and we left it open for some big plays. At halftime, Troy [Polamalu] and I were talking that this was the worst half we had played all year." (same link)

It looked like McFadden, and the announcers blamed it on McFadden, but maybe it wasn't.

That's pretty interesting. Cris Collinsworth stated McFadden was supposed to have underneath coverage and he *was* tracking the receiver underneath. Not understanding defenses, I can't tell which defender in double coverage is supposed to be the low-risk defender (you'd think it would be the safety).

Merchant
12-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Honestly, at this point, who do you put in instead of McFadden? Keenan Lewis? Crezdon Butler? Face it folks, he's the best we've got right now.

Count Steeler
12-06-2010, 03:55 PM
Lewis has not shown good football savvy in the limited time he has played on ST. Haven't seen Butler play yet, would be nice to see what he has.

Buckinnuts
12-06-2010, 06:40 PM
butler looked ok in camp I think he has the catch up speed also. hey it cn't be too much worse can it!

Psycho Ward 86
12-06-2010, 06:48 PM
Honestly, at this point, who do you put in instead of McFadden? Keenan Lewis? Crezdon Butler? Face it folks, he's the best we've got right now.

Gay and our Madison are the next ones up on the depth chart.

stillers4me
12-06-2010, 06:52 PM
That's pretty interesting. Cris Collinsworth stated McFadden was supposed to have underneath coverage and he *was* tracking the receiver underneath. Not understanding defenses, I can't tell which defender in double coverage is supposed to be the low-risk defender (you'd think it would be the safety).

I'd believe Troy and Ryan over anything Peckerhead has to say.

pepsyman1
12-06-2010, 06:57 PM
I'd believe Troy and Ryan over anything Peckerhead has to say.

I think Troy was just trying to take some of the heat off of McFadden because everyone is targeting him now. McFadden as the underneath guy with help over the top should have been playing WATCHING THE RECEIVER, not looking back and tracking the QB. Collingsworth was right, McFadden's the one that blew that coverage.

SMR
12-06-2010, 07:22 PM
I think Troy was just trying to take some of the heat off of McFadden because everyone is targeting him now. McFadden as the underneath guy with help over the top should have been playing WATCHING THE RECEIVER, not looking back and tracking the QB. Collingsworth was right, McFadden's the one that blew that coverage.

I agree.

steeldawg
12-06-2010, 08:09 PM

exactly! It was man under coverage mcfadden is supposed to be all over the reciever but he got caught lookin in the backfield