PDA

View Full Version : Believers Only

HometownGal
12-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Y'know what? I'm DAMNED proud of this team. DAMNED PROUD.

Though I may get a bit irritated, agitated and once in a while pissed off at them, I never stop believing in this team. NEVER.

They have so much going against them but yet they found the drive, determination and HEART to battle it out and secure an absolute must WIN! :tt02:

OL is basically a quarter of a line. The backups are pretty much as useless as teets on a bull. The Hotel Flo goes down. Ben played with a broken foot and after the first drive a broken beak. Spaeth is out with an injury. Heath gets cheap-shotted and goes out with a bell ringer. Aaron Smith is out. Keisel is not at 100%. DSep injures his leg and our brandy new PK has to do double duty and might I add - did a fine job. Yet - these guys spit in the face of adversity and did what they had to do to get the W. How can any Steelers fan not appreciate what these guys have accomplished?

I give credit to the entire team and the coaching staff for hanging in there until the bitter end. That is the mark of a championship team. :tt02: :tt03:

stillers4me
12-05-2010, 10:57 PM
This team has HEART!!! :tt03:

BPS3akaWirels3
12-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Amen sister... There is no other team that has a tougher bunch of guys... I am so glad to be a diehard Steelers fan...

cheezheadsteeler
That was ugly and yet beautiful. How much did we miss #43 last year?

Wallace108
I can't add anything else to that other than to say: HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!! :tt03:

Doc
12-05-2010, 10:59 PM
Confession. When Redman caught that ball...I was thinking WTF...at least throw it into the endzone.....

fansince'76
12-05-2010, 11:00 PM
"Sole possession of AFC North" - sounds great! :thumbsup:

Steeltreal
12-05-2010, 11:02 PM
It was a close game but the more I watch Flacco im just not impressed. He basically just throws lobs to his receivers under pressure much like Phillip Rivers all i see is lucky passes. Ben is one of a kind.

One thing i hated during tonights game was Mendenhall pausing constantly on 3 and short. I cant understand how he doesnt lean forward behind his center and guard and pick up inches instead of attempting to bounce it outside. He didnt spin at all today, maybe the coaches are attempting to correct his fumbles? Redman should be the short yardage guy.

Butch
12-05-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm with ya' I will not give up on this Team and not to mention the NFL Henchmen are after us as well yet we persevere!!! We don't always play good but Great players play Great when they have to Ben, Troy, Redzone Redman and the rest of the team!!! It all comes down to One play atta time Defense bends then stops 'em whenthey have to.

I BELIEVE and must add

"In Ben We Trust!!!"

kmsteelerwr15
Great Post!!!! With #7 and #43 on that field we are never out of it

Psycho Ward 86
Confession. When Redman caught that ball...I was thinking WTF...at least throw it into the endzone.....

Haha me too! But I guess having a big heart helped Redman break all of those damned sure tackles!

psusteelerspens4life
12-05-2010, 11:05 PM
As in the words of a band called Hatebreed for you metalheads out there "AS Diehard AS They Come"

salamander
I just pissed off an Eagles fan by defending Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers. It was rather entertaining. Apparently what Vick did was "ok" but Ben "probably screwed up that girl physically and emotionally" and he's an "average" player DESPITE the fact that he's one of the toughest MOFO's out there and just wins games for the Steelers. Sorry, I had to share that little story.

Talk about a team with heart. Even with the make-shift o-line and Ben with his ankle and broken snozz. HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

pepsyman1
I was really happy to see LeBeau calling a more aggressive game tonight. The only disappointments weren't the scheme, but McFadden. If we had a better 2nd cornerback, with the aggressive game we played tonight we would really be brutal on defense. McFadden and Gay are just miserable in coverage.

Shawn
12-05-2010, 11:07 PM
This team is the toughest, mentally and physically, in the entire league. Yes our OL is non-existent, yes our CBs are terrible, yes we give up stupid penalties, but damn it, they just don't quit. It's incredible to watch.

venom
12-05-2010, 11:09 PM
Games like that shows why its great to be a Steelers fan. Great job guys !!!

vader29
12-05-2010, 11:11 PM
I've never wanted a regular season win as bad as I did tonight, I'm still shaking from the end of that one!

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

steelpride12
12-05-2010, 11:12 PM
Amen sister, me personally will admit to being extremely negative at time, but I always believe in our beloved Steelers and know they will come back with confidence out the room! I love this team with all my heart and have since the day I was born! It wouldn't be any better than with all you guys to discuss the game and just have fun! :)

psusteelerspens4life
12-05-2010, 11:13 PM
I've never wanted a regular season win as bad as I did tonight, I'm still shaking from the end of that one!

I am not tired whatsoever still listening to DVE online for coolertalk

steeldevil
12-05-2010, 11:13 PM

Me too buddy!

GutterflowerSteel
12-05-2010, 11:15 PM
What a HUGE win - I've been hearing it from Ravens fans all week long about how the Steelers would go down tonight - hahahaaaaaaa :rockon:

SteelCityMan786
12-05-2010, 11:16 PM
You can't stop me from being a Steelers fan. END OF STORY!

steel9guy
12-05-2010, 11:18 PM

Lol I was thinking the same thing. I thought he was tackled. I didn't know what to think of this team about contending after the NO and NE losses but now I am sold that we have a chance because that was the biggest game of the year.

steelpinstripe87
12-05-2010, 11:18 PM
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af311/steelpinstripe87/rooneybelieve.jpg

Hindes204
12-05-2010, 11:24 PM
So many injuries, so many obstacles

Still I believe

So many fines and questions on what legal or not

Still I believe

Broken nose.....concussion

Still I believe

I don't give a damn what happens.....I will always believe

SteelerEmpire
12-05-2010, 11:29 PM
NEVER forget... we do have the best clutch QB in the league !

SteelerFanInStl
12-05-2010, 11:31 PM
This team is the toughest, mentally and physically, in the entire league. Yes our OL is non-existent, yes our CBs are terrible, yes we give up stupid penalties, but damn it, they just don't quit. It's incredible to watch.

I agree. It seems that the wins are never easy but we're now 9-3 and in first place in the AFC North.

steelpride12
12-05-2010, 11:31 PM
A win always brings us closer together and I have to say watching and believing in our Steelers together is the best and keeps me from having a heart attack at the age of 19!

HometownGal
12-05-2010, 11:32 PM
For those of you living in Rats territory - give it to 'em good tomorrow! :applaudit: :lol:

steelerdude15
12-05-2010, 11:43 PM
It's a love affair we all have with them and they have with us. We need them as much as they need us. I've never have and never will give up on our team. Through thick and thin. We've stuck it out with the bad and we've been loving the good. Girls come and go, but the Steelers are a love that will never stop.

psusteelerspens4life
12-05-2010, 11:44 PM
I miss being back home in PA,I live here near Bowie state where Redman went to school and when I go out and some people see me with Steelers stuff on they know who he is!! but of course i will!!! haha gonna be movin to orange county ny here soon so then it changes to the Jets and dirty sanchez idiots i'll have to deal with

O'Malley
12-05-2010, 11:46 PM

Though I may get a bit irritated, agitated and once in a while pissed off at them, I never stop believing in this team. NEVER.

They have so much going against them but yet they found the drive, determination and HEART to battle it out and secure an absolute must WIN! :tt02:

OL is basically a quarter of a line. The backups are pretty much as useless as teets on a bull. The Hotel Flo goes down. Ben played with a broken foot and after the first drive a broken beak. Spaeth is out with an injury. Heath gets cheap-shotted and goes out with a bell ringer. Aaron Smith is out. Keisel is not at 100%. DSep injures his leg and our brandy new PK has to do double duty and might I add - did a fine job. Yet - these guys spit in the face of adversity and did what they had to do to get the W. How can any Steelers fan not appreciate what these guys have accomplished?

I give credit to the entire team and the coaching staff for hanging in there until the bitter end. That is the mark of a championship team. :tt02: :tt03:

100% agreement couldn't have put it better myself!

CanadianSteel
12-05-2010, 11:52 PM
Not too many times I have been much prouder of this team.... with all that was stacked against them they left their guts on the feild for sure.
That had to be one happy team in the locker room, and we actual made psoitive adjustments in 2nd have on both offense and defense it seemd.
Hope this becomes a regular occurance...

Edman
12-06-2010, 12:08 AM
The Steelers will tick me off from time to time, but I'll never stop loving them. I recognize their flaws, but I still love them. Yeah, call me spoiled, call me fairweather, but I'm still here, aren't I? It's unconditional love. Like a parent to a child.

Through all the disappointments and victories, I'll never stop loving the Steelers.

psusteelerspens4life
12-06-2010, 12:16 AM
You know its a family thing as well with these boys in the BLACK n GOLD My grandfather and grandmother my mom uncle and hell my cousins we all love Steelers and you know all of us here on this board its a family and no matter what we LOVE our boys and nothing can change that!

memphissteelergirl
12-06-2010, 12:18 AM

Yes and :amen:

SteelCityMan786
12-06-2010, 12:42 PM
For those of you living in Rats territory - give it to 'em good tomorrow! :applaudit: :lol:

I have a class with a Rats fan. So eh, maybe this could be a good time to return the favor from October.

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2010, 12:52 PM
9-3 with Four left to go. I like Our Chances!!!

Just Get To The Playoffs. From there, anything is possible! HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

Devilsdancefloor
12-06-2010, 01:26 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/i2lo47.jpg

Raleigh Steel
12-06-2010, 02:00 PM
my buddy back home in western pa was really nervous about the game...saying we had no shot...blah, blah, blah. i told him, i don't know why, but i have a really good feeling about this one. i told him, i know the steelers, warts and all, but i really believe we will win this game.

it wasn't till we settled for a FG at the beginning of the 4th that i started getting nervous. but still being down 10-6, i felt like we were going to pull it out some way or another.

last night was the first game they've played that made believe that a super bowl was possible. now let's hope it comes to fruition.

stlrtruck
12-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Here's a few words:

gritty
determined
heart
unified
aggressive
stubborn
driven
old school

ALLD
12-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Another 4th quarter comeback instead of crashing and burning. Something's different this season.

7SteelGal43
12-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Brass Balls

http://steynian.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/brass-balls2.jpg

Ben's got 'em

Mamaduck43
12-06-2010, 05:03 PM
I have never been more proud of the team - - - everyone went over and above the expected to play together and win as a unit!!!!!! And I have never been more proud to be a Steelers Fan..... And I have 50+ years of fandom to compare it with..... They showed what they are made of - - and no matter what happened, it was like they said, "Thank you very much - - what's next"............. Amazing effort...

I don't know how many more nail-biters I can handle, but all of the stress and strain is over when that clock runs down.... Boy, do I need a manicure!!!!!!! Phew!!!!

BlastFurnace
12-06-2010, 05:25 PM

I felt the same last night. They showed how deep they can reach within themselves to do what they did last night.

Count Steeler
12-06-2010, 05:41 PM
The one thing that remains through the years as a Steelers fan, is that we are a team. Perhaps it is the ownership of the Rooney family and how they treat their coaches and players. Once again last night, for all of America to see, is a team that can rise above injuries, above adversity, above penalties, above a worthy opponent and still win. To many teams in the NFL, last night would have been their "super bowl" win. However, to this championship organization, last night was a mere stepping stone to the real prize awaiting us in Dallas, Super Bowl number 7. Hoist it high fellows, we will be champions once again.

BTW, HTG love you and the dedication you put into this site, Thank you.

O'Malley
12-06-2010, 05:44 PM
The one thing that remains through the years as a Steelers fan, is that we are a team. Perhaps it is the ownership of the Rooney family and how they treat their coaches and players. Once again last night, for all of America to see, is a team that can rise above injuries, above adversity, above penalties, above a worthy opponent and still win. To many teams in the NFL, last night would have been their "super bowl" win. However, to this championship organization, last night was a mere stepping stone to the real prize awaiting us in Dallas, Super Bowl number 7. Hoist it high fellows, we will be champions once again.

BTW, HTG love you and the dedication you put into this site, Thank you.

Ditto!

Burghfan58
12-06-2010, 05:58 PM
PITTRULESAFCNORTH Boy that sounds good
:clap2::tt03::clap2::tt03::clap2::tt03::clap2::tt0 3::clap2:

HometownGal
12-06-2010, 09:52 PM
I'm STILL riding high from last night's win. Normally I put a game played behind me and concentrate on the next game, but I just can't stop smiling and feeling so damned blessed to be a Pittsburgh Steelers fan! :tt03: :tt02:

Thanks for the kind words guys. :hug: I think the entire staff would more than agree that we wouldn't be where we are and continuing to grow without the awesome members we have here at SU. :drink: :hug: