PDA

View Full Version : There Had BETTER Be A Fine

fansince'76
12-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Everyone knows what I'm talking about.

Psycho Ward 86
12-05-2010, 10:41 PM
Abso-frickin-lutely! God that looked so painful, Heath's neck was just wrenched 90 degrees backwards! Ouch!

HometownGal
12-05-2010, 10:41 PM

Actually, there should be TWO fines. One for that fat load deliberately punching Ben in the nose and the other because of the helmet-to-helmet on Heath. :mad2:

kmsteelerwr15
12-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Actually, there should be TWO fines. One for that fat load deliberately punching Ben in the nose and the other because of the helmet-to-helmet on Heath. :mad2:

This!

steeldevil

This

steelpride12
Im won't expect it they didn't call it so it won't be a fine!

psusteelerspens4life
12-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Yes i approve this message!!

RushHard34
12-05-2010, 10:46 PM
I dont think Ben's should get a fine, that was accidental.

Heaths hit on the other hand, better be big time.

SteelerFanInStl
12-05-2010, 10:51 PM
The officials better be fined for not calling that BS. The NFL keeps saying that the officials are supposed to call ANYTHING CLOSE but yet they still won't call anything when a Steeler is getting hit.

The guy that hit Heath better get fined $50k but of course I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Borski
12-05-2010, 10:52 PM

Exactly! And the fact that neither drew a flag when they throw a flag on Harrison if he some much as breathes on another player is ridiculous!

7SteelGal43
12-05-2010, 10:53 PM
if there isn't a fine on the helmet to helmet on Miller, the Goodell really is the biggest piece of fecal matter on the planet.

Wallace108
12-05-2010, 10:55 PM

Normally, I'd agree with you. But the way things have been called lately, a hand to the QB's face should be at least a $25,000 fine. And the hit on Heath? Don't get me started.

HometownGal
12-05-2010, 10:57 PM

Watch the replay if you get a chance. That was NOT accidental and even Collinspeckerhead and Michaels stated so.

Edman
12-05-2010, 10:58 PM
If there was no fine for Ben getting twisted like a pretzel last week, there won't be a fine for getting his nose re-adjusted.

The Heath Miller hit better be fined. Or else.

Godfather
12-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Normally I don't like gubamint getting involved, but if there's not a fine I want Toomey and Casey to start an investigation of Goofdell.

JayC
12-05-2010, 11:06 PM
the guy that concussed heath should get $50k but i wont give my hopes up.

HometownGal
12-05-2010, 11:12 PM
I was just listening to Fedko on WPXI and he's livid about the hit on Heath and replayed it several times. It is a clear cut helmet-to-helmet hit and he feels strongly that the league will step in here and levy a HUGE fine. Since the head of the NFL officials has already stated that there should have been a flag and penalty on that shot, Goodumbell really has no choice but to issue a fine.

smokin3000gt
12-05-2010, 11:13 PM
the non calls are beyond rediculous

psusteelerspens4life
12-05-2010, 11:16 PM
I was just listening to Fedko on WPXI and he's livid about the hit on Heath and replayed it several times. It is a clear cut helmet-to-helmet hit and he feels strongly that the league will step in here and levy a HUGE fine. Since the head of the NFL officials has already stated that there should have been a flag and penalty on that shot, Goodumbell really has no choice but to issue a fine.

I can see it now the Ravens ass bags saying he was going down when the hit happened...F**K that so was Massaquoat apparently and Harrison was fined for it.

fansince'76
12-05-2010, 11:21 PM
the guy that concussed heath should get $50k but i wont give my hopes up.

That's why I started the thread - I fully expect a fine NOT to be forthcoming. Neither of the helmet-to-helmet hits Hines sustained against the Saints and Patriots were fined, so why should this be?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVrNoK5Ab_E&feature=player_embedded

Psycho Ward 86
12-05-2010, 11:23 PM
How did Heath NOT break his neck. Seriously.

steeldevil
12-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Mike Tomlin will unleash hell on Goodell if there is no fine... You can be assured of that....

haha

Merchant
12-05-2010, 11:35 PM
Ray Anderson issue a fine in our favor? G'luck..

CanadianSteel
12-06-2010, 12:05 AM
I think the Health hit will be fined because the Sunday night crew made a big deal about.... and unfortunately I think their voice matters in this sometimes.
Harrison shots all get shown and replayed continous, and commented on bu announcers all the time... where when they dont sya boo about shots to Hines and Ben the NFL looks the other way.

But hey what the heck do I know..

tube517
12-06-2010, 12:06 AM
Of course there will be a fine. Harrison will get his automatic weekly withdrawal for the last near sack on Flaccid.

X-Terminator
12-06-2010, 12:07 AM
Don't get your hopes up.

NCSteeler
12-06-2010, 12:07 AM
The hit on Ben should no tbe fined , it's just football and accidental contact while the tackler is trying to wrap up and keep him form throwing. I don't want it fiend against us, so I'm not gonna call for that. Although it should have been 15 yards. The hit on Heath mst be fined , the commish has set he standard , even going so far as telling Harrison that you must come under control regardless of what the receiver is doing(falling, sliding or ducking). Also should have been another 15.

I'm confident a fine will be levied, but my guess is around 10k unless there was a previous offense, but Goddell is prone to knee jerks and the no calls being called out by the tv folks and all the talk swirling about him having it in for the Steelers, I think he may drop 50-75 k on him just to quiet things down.
A fine isn't going to get us 15 yards, so it's good neither of these NO calls made a difference in the game.

zulater
12-06-2010, 12:17 AM

How about two fines?

zulater
12-06-2010, 12:20 AM
Watch the replay if you get a chance. That was NOT accidental and even Collinspeckerhead and Michaels stated so.

I agree with you. Initially I thought it was accidental, but the more I looked at it, the more it seems as it was delivered with intent. Accidentally brushing your hand against a helmet doesn't break a nose. Should have been a penalty, and should be a fine.

steelreserve
12-06-2010, 12:20 AM
How did Heath NOT break his neck. Seriously.

I was thinking the same thing, honestly.

In all seriousness though, I don't care if there's a fine. Yes, under the new rules, it's a textbook example of what draws a penalty/fine, but I think the new rules are stupid and they shouldn't be giving out penalties or fines unless it's truly deliberate intent to injure someone, whether the hit was on our guy or someone else.

Having said that, this play came close even under the old rules, so I'd be very surprised not to see something come down from the league.

fansince'76
12-06-2010, 12:24 AM
In all seriousness though, I don't care if there's a fine. Yes, under the new rules, it's a textbook example of what draws a penalty/fine, but I think the new rules are stupid and they shouldn't be giving out penalties or fines unless it's truly deliberate intent to injure someone, whether the hit was on our guy or someone else.

Normally I would agree, but since collectively as fans we have essentially been told to like it or lump it by the asshat of a commissioner, I want to see the new standard evenly applied. I won't be holding my breath since I have yet to see it evenly applied. In fact, to add insult to injury, I wouldn't be surprised to see Harrison fined yet again.

stlrtruck
12-06-2010, 01:12 AM

If I were a betting man, I'm willing to bet the hit to Ben's face won't even get a second look.

As for the knockout of Heath, yeah that should most definitely be a fine. If it's not, then I might have to send another hate mail letter to Der Kommish!