PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs. Rats (12/5/10) - Who Gets YOUR Game Ball?

HometownGal
12-05-2010, 10:37 PM
My first game ball goes to Big Ben. Broken foot, fubared nose courtesy of that fat ass Ngata and he just never gave up. Biggest heart in the NFL imho. THANK YOU BEN! :drink:

Second game ball goes to Troy for obvious reasons. :drink:

Third game ball goes to Isaac Redman for that outstanding effort to get into the EZ for the winning score. :drink:

Fourth game ball goes to the entire team for hanging in there and believing in themselves and in each other! :tt02: WTG boyz - I'm so PROUD OF YOU!!! :applaudit:

kmsteelerwr15
12-05-2010, 10:39 PM
This is easy! Ben gets one and of course Troy gets one as well

JayC
1. troy [we dont win without his play]
2. ben [warrior]
3. sushi [kicking/punting/ 2 for 2
4. redman [awesome work on the td, tough to get down]

goat: bmac - awful performance

VTsteel
Yeah Game ball - Ben. What an amazing effort. I wouldn't want any other QB - Ben is the man.

The Duke
12-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Troy

just the spark we needed at just the time we needed it

He seems completely healthy now. Look out NFL....

polamalubeast
12-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Ben is 8-2 vs ravens!

Troy Polamalu thank you!

steeldevil
12-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Ben and Troy

steelpride12
12-05-2010, 10:43 PM
My game ball goes to Troy, without that play the Ratbirds are driving, second goes to Ben for playing with a broken foot and broken nose and still playing pretty well, def. in the second half!!!! YES!

st33lersguy
12-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Troy and Ben

Texasteel
12-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Ben. I thought he played one of the smartest games I've seen him play.

pepsyman1
12-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Troy, Ben and I've got to give another one to Sushi. Six for six so far on field goals including FIVE from over 40 yards and he did a decent job punting in an emergency. I wish he knew how to play CB.

stillers4me
12-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Big Ben and Troy...Men of Steel!!!

SteelerFanInStl
My game ball goes to Troy. He made the big play right when we needed it. Honorable mention goes to Ben for hanging tough and making plays despite the blind officiating.

psusteelerspens4life
Ben, troy sushi and Farrior for big plays when they were needed

Butch
12-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Why isn't Redzone Redman in there more often???

Game ball Ben one helluva Gamer!!! Redman who is just a determned runner every time he touches the ball. Troy plays big when you need him the most. Swishi kicking and punting who needs Dan???

BPS3akaWirels3
12-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Troy and his hair won this game... Period.. When his contract is up he needs a $100 mil new contract and then needs to be a coach after he retires..

steelpride12
12-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Redman I will add to mine as well, should have been down at 5 and at the 2 and still got in the redzone for the game winning TD!

7SteelGal43
12-05-2010, 10:51 PM
game ball goes to.........

My man Ben !
http://mrmodernguy.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/ben.jpg

Doc
12-05-2010, 10:52 PM
I'd hand out about 10 of them.

I do know that I won't sleep tonight. Too jacked up!!!

Craic
12-05-2010, 10:52 PM
I am still suffering from Post-Traumatic stress syndrome from the 2008 game against the Giants-- Remember when Ernster was punting?

To have our punter out, and have Sushi come in and punt VERY WELL comparatively, AND also make the fieldgoals that we have lately been missing.

I gotta give this one to Sushi for stepping it up.

NOW, for the others.

Ben. Redman. Wallace was solid, but not a game ball.

Troy P. Harrison. heck, pretty much the entire LB crew.

Craic
12-05-2010, 10:53 PM
Redman I will add to mine as well, should have been down at 5 and at the 2 and still got in the redzone for the game winning TD!

Well, when you have Suddeness and glide, nothing can stop you!

Psycho Ward 86
12-05-2010, 11:02 PM
Gameball: Ben came out of the gates a little slow, but he came out slinging in the 2nd half, PLUS he had to deal with his receivers (Manny and Hines) dropping at least 3 passes total during key downs. Heath got hurt, Flozell got hurt, and Ben still played well, especially in the 2nd when it mattered most. Troy gets my honorable mention, for the key sack-strip, and a couple beauties like that 4 yard loss tackle to start the game!

Gamegoat: Bryant McFadden. Ok, well one of the pass interference penalties were bullshit, but he just killed us with 2 of those, 2 huge 60+ yard catches, a TD pass, and a couple of other letdowns in between. I can't believe i missed this guy when Gay was starting. But hey, him and Ike are the best we got at corner, so i think we'll hold up.

vader29
12-05-2010, 11:07 PM
Ben and Troy. :tt03:

venom
12-05-2010, 11:08 PM
Big Ben , Troy and Woodley ----------. McFadden better wake up , Could have cost us the game numerous times

HometownGal
12-05-2010, 11:08 PM
Y'know - I have to give a game ball to Sushi. As everyone knows, I am Skippy's biggest fan and honestly, I was PISSED when the Steelers released him. I must say - Sushi has really come up big for this team and is "perfect" thus far as a Steeler and I'm happy to have him here. :applaudit: This kid did double duty tonight handling both the PK'ing and punting jobs and he did a mighty fine job! :thumbsup: Sushi - you were meant to wear the black 'n gold my man!

Steeltreal
12-05-2010, 11:12 PM
Well, when you have Suddeness and glide, nothing can stop you!

Issac "suddenness and glide" Redman? Lets just stick with "Redzone"

Psycho Ward 86
12-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Issac "suddenness and glide" Redman? Lets just stick with "Redzone"

He's always been Redzone Redman! Suddeness and glide is just what he has :)

zulater
12-05-2010, 11:16 PM
:yup:
My first game ball goes to Big Ben. Broken foot, fubared nose courtesy of that fat ass Ngata and he just never gave up. Biggest heart in the NFL imho. THANK YOU BEN! :drink:

Second game ball goes to Troy for obvious reasons. :drink:

Third game ball goes to Isaac Redman for that outstanding effort to get into the EZ for the winning score. :drink:

Fourth game ball goes to the entire team for hanging in there and believing in themselves and in each other! :tt02: WTG boyz - I'm so PROUD OF YOU!!! :applaudit:

You nailed it girl!

GoSlash27
12-05-2010, 11:31 PM
The entire defense for keeping us in the game. We're going to the PLAYOFFS!!! :D

Doc
12-05-2010, 11:48 PM
Hate to say it, but good Lord, was Suggs a beast tonight.

steelerdude15
12-05-2010, 11:50 PM
Ben and Troy, you get my game ball. You guys are awesome. Ben, you are the man.

zulater
12-05-2010, 11:51 PM
A couple unsung hero's. Potsie ( Farrior) was a beast tonight. And Ziggy Hood is looking better every game! And Keisel made his presence felt.

memphissteelergirl
12-05-2010, 11:54 PM
Game Balls: Offense: Ben and Redman :clap2:

Defense: Troy and Farrior :rockon:

Goat: Gay and McFadden...they just flat-out STUNK!! :poop:

steelreserve
12-05-2010, 11:54 PM
Game ball : Troy, no contest. That play singlehandedly turned the game around.

Goat: McFadden. Actually, "goat" doesn't even do it justice -- more like "goatse." That was one of the most horrid performances I've seen by a Steelers CB since the days of Oldham and Flowers.

Merchant
12-05-2010, 11:56 PM
It's obvious this week..

Offense - BEN. One of the greatest individual performances I've ever seen from him given the adversity he was facing.. bum foot, broken nose, make-shift O-Line.

Defense - TROY. That Head & Shoulders stock is going through the rooff.. Always seems to make the big play when we need it. I was rockin his jersey tonight too.

zulater
12-05-2010, 11:57 PM
Game Balls: Offense: Ben and Redman :clap2:

Defense: Troy and Farrior :rockon:

Goat: Gay and McFadden...they just flat-out STUNK!! :poop:

If we're doing goats then how can we forget Mendenhall. As my son said as Redman crossed the goalline with the go ahead score, " thank God that wasn't Mendenhall that caught that pass." Damn he was weak tonight, looked as if he was scared tlo be out there.

memphissteelergirl
12-05-2010, 11:58 PM
If we're doing goats then how can we forget Mendenhall. As my son said as Redman crossed the goalline with the go ahead score, " thank God that wasn't Mendenhall that caught that pass." Damn he was weak tonight, looked as if he was scared tlo be out there.

Methinks he had Ray-Ray on the brain.

Edman
12-06-2010, 12:10 AM
Balls: Ben, Redman, Troy.

Goats: Mcfadden. Was THIS close to costing us the game, you douche.

X-Terminator
12-06-2010, 12:15 AM
Ben. I wonder if B.O. still thinks he's soft after this game tonight? Probably his gutsiest performance since 2008 when he played almost the entire season with an arm and a half.

Troy. Sir Hulka gave the edge to Ed Reed tonight because of his injury. Guess which one came through when it mattered the most, and which one was MIA all night long?

tube517
12-06-2010, 12:17 AM
And one of his gutsiest.

Ben. I thought he played one of the smartest games I've seen him play.

Edman
12-06-2010, 12:18 AM
Guess which one came through when it mattered the most?

Here's a hint for SirHulka: It wasn't Ed Reed.

7SteelGal43
12-06-2010, 12:21 AM
"suddenness and glide" ? sounds like surprise buttsecks.

SteelerFanInStl
12-06-2010, 12:22 AM
Troy. Sir Hulka gave the edge to Ed Reed tonight because of his injury. Guess which one came through when it mattered the most, and which one was MIA all night long?

I told Sir Hulka in that thread that Ed doesn't make plays behind the line of scrimmage like Troy does and Troy proved me right once again. Reed was invisible tonight.

Craic
12-06-2010, 12:39 AM
I told Sir Hulka in that thread that Ed doesn't make plays behind the line of scrimmage like Troy does and Troy proved me right once again. Reed was invisible tonight.

In short, I think they did to Reed what the Pats did to troy P. Gameplanned him right out of the game.

7willBheaven
12-06-2010, 12:45 AM
O: Ben and Redman just because of that one play

D: Troy/Woodley (they split it for the big play)

And of course Suisham!

CRAP of the game (I dont like GOAT...as most people use that for a short version of "greatest of all time"): BMac...he seems to have issues playing the Ravens...hes better than he played tonight.

stlrtruck
12-06-2010, 01:11 AM
Troy
Ben
Sushi
Defense
Redman

Galax Steeler
12-06-2010, 03:24 AM
Troy
Ben
Redman

They all three deserve it.

Austin87
12-06-2010, 04:51 AM
Gameball goes to Troy and Redman.

Goat goes to McFadden.

steelerrob
12-06-2010, 05:56 AM
Ben for sure. What a class act.

HometownGal
12-06-2010, 07:16 AM
I'm not anointing a "game goat" simply because with that incredible win last night and huge contributions from both sides of the ball when it mattered the most, it just doesn't seem right.

Texasteel
12-06-2010, 07:29 AM
He's always been Redzone Redman! Suddeness and glide is just what he has :)

When I think of all the time he spent on the PS, I feel lucky we have him.

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2010, 10:17 AM
SUSHI!!!

Punting and kicking a long fieldgoal...talk about Old School Football!!!

GodfatherofSoul
12-06-2010, 10:35 AM
I give my "See, I told you" game ball to Harrison for the two blatant calls proving the league has it out for the Steelers.

Devilsdancefloor
12-06-2010, 10:41 AM
game ball ben & troy

goat Bmac

Moose
12-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Since there is only 1 game BALL... No doubt it would have to go to TROY !! Without his outstanding effort and play in that last quarter stand there would be NO WIN for the Black and Gold !! I really don't think we would have pulled out a victory without Troy's single handed play. Now....for the GOAT of the game there is no doubt it goes to McFadden and his horific playing !!! What a miserable, pathetic performance !! His coverage was terrible !! If I was Balt. I would have threw in his direction all night long.

LLT
12-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Game ball goes to Ben....played through a broken nose and a bad wheel. Troy & Sushi get honorable mention for keeping us in the game.

Game Goat goes to two players.....McFadden was as bad as I have seen a CB in a long time. It wasnt even a matter of him getting outran or juked...he made MENTAL mistakes that almost cost us the game.
Scott was no match for Suggs. DUDE!!! Just keep your ass between the QB and the defensive player!!!!!! THATS ALL WE ASK!!!! Suggs was in the backfield as much as Mendy...that was beyond excusable.

BigNastyDefense
12-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Offense: Big Ben. He played with a sprained/broken foot, got his nose broken, the offensive line couldn't block Suggs, and he lost Miller during the game. Yet in the end, when we needed a touchdown, he found a way to get us one.

Defense: TROY POLAMALU! He is a beast, the best safety in football. When we needed a turnover, he got us one!

Honorable mention: Issac "Redzone" Redman. He's a load to bring down and fought for the touchdown that won us the game. But one thing he needs to learn to do is go down when 3/4 guys are trying to tackle him. At one point last night I was afraid he was going to get stripped because he was fighting for more yards well after the first down.

SMR
12-06-2010, 07:23 PM
BIG BEN

GutterflowerSteel
12-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Ben & Troy deserve it equally, but it was a helluva total team effort. We needed everyone, and the entire team had the heart, drive and effort to win (except for McFadden - if I could have reached through my tv screen, I would have tossed him to the sideline!)

zulater
12-06-2010, 08:33 PM
The entire front 7 on defense, and Troy all had game ball worthy games. I think Ziggy played a helluva game!

SteelMember
12-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Troy's play pretty much saved our ass, but I'm going to give it to the Frankenberger for gutting it out.
That last dance with suggs to get rid of the ball says everything about his toughness. He's a winner!