PDA

View Full Version : Face it, we just aren't that good.

zulater
12-05-2010, 08:29 PM
We get embarrassed by good teams. Between our piss poor secondary and make shift offensive line we just can't compete against the better teams in the league. I'm not blaming anyone, I wont abandon ship[, I'll watch the season through and cheer on the Steelers as always. But sometimes reality hits you like a cold slap in the face, and tonight, along with the game against the Patriots has proven to me that this just isn't our year.

I hope I'm wrong, but i really doubt it. :peep:

7SteelGal43
12-05-2010, 08:39 PM
geeze, get a grip man. it's 7-0.

Dodt
12-05-2010, 08:44 PM
sky is falling .

Craic
12-05-2010, 08:47 PM
:doh:

We have lost 3 games so far this year.

zulater
12-05-2010, 08:56 PM
geeze, get a grip man. it's 7-0.

Yeah and we went to half against the Patriots and it was just a one score game too.

Look it's not what i want, it just what I see. There's a lot i like about this team, but that secondary and offensive line is too much to overcome against the better teams of the league. We should still win our 11. Maybe even get lucky and win a playoff game. But don't kid yourself, this isn't a Super Bowl caliber team.

SteelerEmpire
12-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Ben is broken up and not accurate. Play calling sucks. McFadden acts like he does'ent know where hes at. The D can hold the Ravens to 7 pts for not much longer... the Offense is gonna have to get something going here real quick...

zulater
12-05-2010, 08:58 PM
:doh:

We have lost 3 games so far this year.

We were completely embarrased by the Patriots, and even though this is still a one score game, we're getting our asses handed to us tonight.
again not what i want, not bitching and moaning, just offering a realistic assessment of what's been put before me.

Edman
12-05-2010, 09:01 PM
I think Zu is jumping the gun too early, but this is the third primetime game in the row where the Steelers are totally flat in execution. It's the Ravens, man. You can't get up for this game?

WR's dropping passes, Clark and Macfadden can't cover, Ben misfiring, O-Line stinks as usual.

We're lucky we're down 7-0. The Ravens are owning us.

Craic
12-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Yeah and we went to half against the Patriots and it was just a one score game too.

Look it's not what i want, it just what I see. There's a lot i like about this team, but that secondary and offensive line is too much to overcome against the better teams of the league. We should still win our 11. Maybe even get lucky and win a playoff game. But don't kid yourself, this isn't a Super Bowl caliber team.

And what were you saying exactly 5 years ago today?? 1 day after a 3 game slide? I doubt any of us thought we were a SB caliber team that year either at that point.

zulater
12-05-2010, 09:07 PM
We sucked in the 3rd quarter all season so far. 16 points total through 11 games. That better change tonight or it will be a repeat of the Patriots game.

zulater
12-05-2010, 09:09 PM
And what were you saying exactly 5 years ago today?? 1 day after a 3 game slide? I doubt any of us thought we were a SB caliber team that year either at that point.

Truthfully I liked that team and thought they still had a chance at the time. I know you wont believe me but I thought that was a team that could come together and make a run.

Doc
12-05-2010, 09:14 PM
I love these threads..it usually comes back to bite the originator in the ass...

steeldevil
12-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Really Zu. Come on man we are still good...

zulater
I love these threads..it usually comes back to bite the originator in the ass...

I pray to God it does.

Edman
News Flash, Preacher. 2005 is come and gone. This is not the same team.

It's 2010, and right now the 2010 squad has faltered greatly against good teams in primetime. The Pats game was not even competitive, and the Saints kicked our ass.

Edman
12-05-2010, 09:17 PM

I certainly hope so.

zulater
Really Zu. Come on man we are still good...

Well we need to start proving it against the better teams and then I'll beleive it.

JayC
i thought we were going to miss the playoffs after that NE game, so i'm not giving up now. especially in a 4 point game. i still think we will need to get lucky to survive with BMAC and company at CB but we did it in 2008 and can do it again

zulater
12-05-2010, 09:23 PM
i thought we were going to miss the playoffs after that NE game, so i'm not giving up now. especially in a 4 point game. i still think we will need to get lucky to survive with BMAC and company at CB but we did it in 2008 and can do it again

I still think we win 11. We just wont beat anyone good in doing so.

Rodwoodsonwasprettycool
12-05-2010, 09:26 PM
same thing always happens.

someone around here, starts a thread like this.

Steelers end up just sneaking into the playoffs, beat the Ravens or somebody and go to the super bowl and win it.

Really don't understand why you guys would even be worried about your franchise at this point.

zulater
12-05-2010, 10:05 PM
We don't even know how to line up right and it might have cost us the game.

Mendenhall is playing like a total pussy tonight.

zulater
12-05-2010, 10:29 PM
I'm really hungry for some crow! No pun intended. :lol:

fansince'76
12-05-2010, 10:35 PM
I'm really hungry for some crow! No pun intended. :lol:

This was a reverse psychology thread, wasn't it, Zu? :chuckle:

Doc
12-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Hate to say....wait no I don't.....told ya so!

steeldevil
Hey Zu what do you say man?

tube517
Fact is, this is the way they play. Butt ugly. But tonight may have been Ben's gutsiest game to date. Even Collinsham was gushing over him and even with the non-calls on Miller and Ben's broken nose.

HometownGal
12-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Y'all were saying?

Good/great teams overcome adversity and if what happened late in the game wasn't overcoming adversity, I don't know what is.

zulater
12-05-2010, 10:41 PM
:hungry: http://janeheller.mlblogs.com/crow.jpg

Edman
12-05-2010, 10:42 PM

Pass some to me, please.

HometownGal
12-05-2010, 10:43 PM

YUM! :heh: Try it poached, Zu - less fat and calories. ;)

7SteelGal43
12-05-2010, 10:44 PM
dear zu.......................WE WON :rockon::tt03::tt02:

7SteelGal43
12-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Y'all were saying?

Good/great teams overcome adversity and if what happened late in the game wasn't overcoming adversity, I don't know what is.

^this

GO STEELERS....HELL 2 THA YEAH !!!!

Rodwoodsonwasprettycool
12-05-2010, 10:46 PM
lol "frustrating".

7SteelGal43
12-05-2010, 10:48 PM

See there zu ? the Steelers served up fresh crow just like ya like it . bon' appetite ! :wink02:

fansince'76
12-05-2010, 10:49 PM
C'mon folks, no personal attacks, please.

steelpride12
12-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Sorry Zu, you were wrong and Im sure as well as I am your very happy you were!

zulater
12-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Don;'t anyone attack me as a Steeler fan ever! Just because i had doubts doesn't mean I wasn't going to watch every single play. I don't give a fuck if we're 3-12 going into the last game of the season I sit there ad watch every play and hope we win, draft position be damned.

This team has issues, huge fucking issues. I honestly didn;'t think they couyld get the job done. I good naturedly ate my crow. I was wrong and glad of it.

BPS3akaWirels3
12-05-2010, 10:51 PM
C'mon folks, no personal attacks, please.

He does this crap all the time... He needs to cry some where else.. Stop taking up for him... You can ban me then...

steelpride12
12-05-2010, 10:51 PM
Don;'t anyone attack me as a Steeler fan ever! Just because i had doubts doesn't mean I wasn't going to watch every single play. I don't give a fuck if we're 3-12 going into the last game of the season I sit there ad watch every play and hope we win, draft position be damned.

This team has issues, huge fucking issues. I honestly didn;'t think they couyld get the job done. I good naturedly ate my crow. I was wrong and glad of it. But any fucker who calls me a piece of shit, well fuck you big time asshole!!!!
Agreed Zu. Anyone calling him names for stating his opinion is the piece of shit. I got your back buddy!

zulater
12-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Sorry Zu, you were wrong and Im sure as well as I am your very happy you were!

Thank you, and I'm so damn glad i was wrong!

BPS3akaWirels3
12-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Just lock this thread...

BPS3akaWirels3
12-05-2010, 10:53 PM
I didn't call him anything.. I just told him to suck it... lol

stillers4me
12-05-2010, 10:53 PM
Yes, Zu we have issues. But still we overcome and look where we are sitting now!! Our O line is on life support and we still managed to come out on top in a must win game over a very good team!! We had issues 2 years ago...and we had heart just like we do now.

zulater
12-05-2010, 10:54 PM
He does this crap all the time... He needs to cry some where else.. Stop taking up for him... You can ban me then...

Read the first post, read every post on this thread, I gave an honest appraisal. I was wrong and glad of it. I never trashed anyopne or anything.

Psycho Ward 86
12-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Alright, im done with the rant, but no Steeler fan should feel under any durress when were down by a TD and Ben is under the helm. Especially in the 1st half. Geez.

BPS3akaWirels3
12-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Thank you, and I'm so damn glad i was wrong!

Next time just wait till the outcome of the game... I am so tense after this game and am trying to hold off blowing up a Raven's forum.. I had Raven's fans texting me all day and I so want to talk smack..

Craic
12-05-2010, 10:56 PM

Your stock just went WAY up in my book.

Good of you to be able to laugh at yourself.

zulater
12-05-2010, 10:57 PM
See there zu ? the Steelers served up fresh crow just like ya like it . bon' appetite ! :wink02:

Thank you, it goes good with beer thankfully. :alcohol:

fansince'76
12-05-2010, 10:58 PM

We don't want to ban anybody. It was an emotional game tonight and thankfully we pulled it out. Cooler heads will prevail when everyone calms down a bit. :thumbsup:

zulater
12-05-2010, 10:59 PM
Dilfer is really trashing us on BSPN right now.:dizzy::wtf:

Craic
12-05-2010, 10:59 PM
Thank you, it goes good with beer thankfully. :alcohol:

Somehow, with a win, I have a feeling the crow actually tasted pretty good eh?

psusteelerspens4life
12-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Next time just wait till the outcome of the game... I am so tense after this game and am trying to hold off blowing up a Raven's forum.. I had Raven's fans texting me all day and I so want to talk smack..
don't worry brother i live down here by these ass bags and work with some of them i'm sure We both will here some dumb ass excuse

HometownGal
Your stock just went WAY up in my book.

Good of you to be able to laugh at yourself.

This. ^^

:drink: Zu.

fansince'76
don't worry brother i live down here by these ass bags and work with some of them i'm sure We both will here some dumb ass excuse

"Tuck rule," I'm guessing, even though it doesn't apply whatsoever.

BPS3akaWirels3
12-05-2010, 11:03 PM
This just in from a Raven fan:

MarkS (http://talk.baltimoresun.com/member.php?u=35945) http://talk.baltimoresun.com/images/statusicon/user_online.gif

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/images/icons/icon1.gif So now we know how the Season plays out...
11-5, good enought for a 6th-place, wild-card finish. We go on the road and take out either the AFC West or South team, then face the prospect of having to win back-to-back road games against some combo of the Jets, Steelers or Pats. Probably not going to happen.

Someone please talk me down of the ledge right about now.

psusteelerspens4life
12-05-2010, 11:03 PM
haha ding ding you got show em what he's won johnny

zulater
12-05-2010, 11:08 PM
We don't want to ban anybody. It was an emotional game tonight and thankfully we pulled it out. Cooler heads will prevail when everyone calms down a bit. :thumbsup:

I was admittedly wrong, and glad of it, as I've already acknowledged, but honestly I take back nothing. Nothing I said at the time was unreasonable or way over the top. We came out flat and looked lifeless for the first 20 minutes. Combined with how we played against the Patriots I was sensing a trend. I was wrong, and once again I apologive, but take back nothing. I hope that makes sense.:dizzy::noidea:

BPS3akaWirels3
12-05-2010, 11:09 PM
All the threads are about how bad the Ravens are and the Steelers are sooooo much better... I feel better.. Sorry Zulater.. Just be more optimistic from now on..

zulater
12-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Somehow, with a win, I have a feeling the crow actually tasted pretty good eh?

Oh God yeah. Wonderfull!

Wallace108
12-05-2010, 11:10 PM

:cry02:

BPS3akaWirels3
12-05-2010, 11:12 PM
:cry02:

lol You suck it to waldo... I'll see you in the basement later,,,, lol ;)

Wallace108
12-05-2010, 11:19 PM
lol You suck it to waldo... I'll see you in the basement later,,,, lol ;)

Very unlikely. I'm retiring.

zulater
12-05-2010, 11:21 PM
http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/4179-We-re-still-going-11-5-or-12-4-and-can-win-the-division-if-we-win-Balt.

Don't forget I'm the same guy who posted this on the heels of our worst loss.:juggle::chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
12-05-2010, 11:21 PM
http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/4179-We-re-still-going-11-5-or-12-4-and-can-win-the-division-if-we-win-Balt.

Don't forget I'm the same guy who posted this on the heels of our worst loss.:juggle::chuckle:

Ok, now you're trying way to hard to gain credibility lol

steel9guy
12-05-2010, 11:23 PM
I'm thinking this looks like a 4:15 thread on the new board lol

zulater
12-05-2010, 11:36 PM
Ok, now you're trying way to hard to gain credibility lol

The only one that had a worse night than this thread was B. Mac.:chuckle:

Craic
12-05-2010, 11:44 PM
The only one that had a worse night than this thread was B. Mac.:chuckle:

LOL... that actually made me laugh out loud.

O'Malley
12-05-2010, 11:44 PM
We were completely embarrased by the Patriots, and even though this is still a one score game, we're getting our asses handed to us tonight.
again not what i want, not bitching and moaning, just offering a realistic assessment of what's been put before me.

I'd still rather beat them in the playoffs then the regular season.

SteelerEmpire
12-06-2010, 12:04 AM

This team has issues, huge fucking issues. I honestly didn;'t think they couyld get the job done. I good naturedly ate my crow. I was wrong and glad of it.

It's understandable having frustrations with this team. While we got a win, there are definitely issues that need to be addressed. But it's been so long since I've seen this kind of resolve the team displayed tonight from this team that I was'nt sure if we had lost it or not... but I see now... WE STILL GOT IT !

NCSteeler
12-06-2010, 01:59 AM
Rose Color glasses much?

I'm sorry thrash me if you want, but Zu was right from the start. So we won an ugly game, we are still not a great team, we will likely puke against the better teams. But it's not like we don't have a few excuses. Tomlin can say whatever he wants about the next man up BS. You can't win for long with throw away scrub lineman. It couldn't have been more obvious how much the D line improved with Keisel back, It should be even better with Smith back. But there is little hope of improvement on the O line. Our secondary is atrocious, I don't know what change lebeau made at the half, but the way Bmac was playing early it could have easily been a blow out. If there is any justice in the world he will start next weeks game on the bench.

Realistically I think the teams that would give us the biggest fits in the playoffs would be SD and NE, both throwing teams, I think we could handle the Jets and Jags because they rely too much on the run.

In the end if we find a Tackle and a corner in each of the next 2 drafts we should be fine.

fansince'76
12-06-2010, 02:07 AM
Rose Color glasses much?

I'm sorry thrash me if you want, but Zu was right from the start. So we won an ugly game, we are still not a great team, we will likely puke against the better teams. But it's not like we don't have a few excuses. Tomlin can say whatever he wants about the next man up BS. You can't win for long with throw away scrub lineman. It couldn't have been more obvious how much the D line improved with Keisel back, It should be even better with Smith back. But there is little hope of improvement on the O line. Our secondary is atrocious, I don't know what change lebeau made at the half, but the way Bmac was playing early it could have easily been a blow out. If there is any justice in the world he will start next weeks game on the bench.

Realistically I think the teams that would give us the biggest fits in the playoffs would be SD and NE, both throwing teams, I think we could handle the Jets and Jags because they rely too much on the run.

In the end if we find a Tackle and a corner in each of the next 2 drafts we should be fine.

Two things:

1. I thought Baltimore was one of the better teams? :noidea:

2. As far as the Chargers go, they have to actually MAKE the postseason. Right now they're 6-6 and in 3rd place in the West. I don't understand all the love for the Chargers - they suck. They've dropped two games to the Raiders this season, a team we kicked all over the place despite setting a franchise record in penalty yardage.

Bottom line is there are NO great teams in this league. Everyone has at least one potentially fatal flaw. At this juncture, we have just as good a shot of hoisting the Lombardi as anyone else in early February - actually, we have a better shot than most.

Craic
12-06-2010, 02:20 AM
Rose Color glasses much?

Funny, people keep missing the fact that often, it isn't WHAT is posted, but HOW it is posted, the "tone" of the post. I doubt very much anyone where would say that we are THE dominant team of the NFL. Heck, I shook my head when ESPN said we were 1 of the 4 "Power Teams" of the AFC. We are way to inconsistent for that.

However, the other side of the matter is that way to often, people expect perfection out of players and coaches. Players get labled as "busts" "horrible" etc. etc. simply because they make one mistake in one play that happens to be on TV at just the wrong time. Then, everyone reacts and starts piling on. Or, here, Zu was reacting to 2 quarter's worth of football, before we saw what happened once Ben's foot got warmed up so he could actually plant and throw.

No one has on rose-colored glasses. That doesn't mean that we want to all hear about negativity and complaints concerning everything-in the most negative ways.

tube517
12-06-2010, 02:43 AM
Wow, we beat the division co-leader on their field with a MASH unit OL and 2 TE's out, DL is banged up, CB's are inconsistent, our PK has to be the P now. Yet we hold them to 10 points on their field. We beg, plead and pray for a win and they actually do! And people are still not happy with that. If anyone told me that the team's injury list was the way it is now and told me that we would beat the Ravens on their field, I'd have told them that they were nuts.

I wouldn't count this team out of anything with #7 and #43 on the team.

Enjoy this while you can. Otherwise, we'll see 1998, 1999, and 2003 all over again. That is something I don't ever want to go back to.

X-Terminator
12-06-2010, 02:47 AM
Rose Color glasses much?

So what? As recent history has shown, you don't have to be a "great team" to get to and/or win the Super Bowl. All you have to do is make the postseason. After that, anything can happen. Were the Steelers the best team in the league in 2005 or 2008? Were the Giants the best team in 2007? What about the Cards in '08? I mean for crying out loud, the Jets almost made it to the Super Bowl last year even though they needed the Colts to lay down in the last game of the season to get in.

So no, the Steelers are not a "great team." They are a very good team with flaws - same as the Jets, Pats*, Saints, etc. But they don't need to be "great." They just have to win when it counts the most, like they did tonight.

Oh BTW, as far as those "better teams" are concerned, they have beaten the Falcons (10-2), Ravens (8-4), Bucs (7-5), Titans (6-6) and Raiders (6-6). All of those teams either will make the playoffs or are still in the hunt and they won 3 of those games on the road. Their 3 losses came against the Ravens (who they just beat), Saints on the road and the Pats*. So yeah, they CAN and HAVE beaten the better teams, including the team that currently has the best record in the NFL.

NCSteeler
12-06-2010, 02:59 AM
So what? As recent history has shown, you don't have to be a "great team" to get to and/or win the Super Bowl. All you have to do is make the postseason. After that, anything can happen. Were the Steelers the best team in the league in 2005 or 2008? Were the Giants the best team in 2007? What about the Cards in '08? I mean for crying out loud, the Jets almost made it to the Super Bowl last year even though they needed the Colts to lay down in the last game of the season to get in.

So no, the Steelers are not a "great team." They are a very good team with flaws - same as the Jets, Pats*, Saints, etc. But they don't need to be "great." They just have to win when it counts the most, like they did tonight.

Oh BTW, as far as those "better teams" are concerned, they have beaten the Falcons (10-2), Ravens (8-4), Bucs (7-5), Titans (6-6) and Raiders (6-6). All of those teams either will make the playoffs or are still in the hunt and they won 3 of those games on the road. Their 3 losses came against the Ravens (who they just beat), Saints on the road and the Pats*. So yeah, they CAN and HAVE beaten the better teams, including the team that currently has the best record in the NFL.

I honestly believe we were quite lucky to catch ATL in the first game before they got the rhythm they have now. The Bucs need to run to protect the young QB, Ravens while they hired all the talent are still a running team, Raiders and Titans aren't worth much when the run is shutdown.

I'm not expecting perfection, but I'm blinding myself to the problems this team faces. I just think too many people wanted to jump all over Zu after we won. Great we won, it likely means we will win our division and atleast control what happens. That doesn't change the fact that this team is very flawed, but yet at times can play great football. I have actually yet to see the offense play a great game, they will need this defense to stay in dominate form to win it all.

BTW, I'm not really expecting Cincy to come in and roll over for us either, we still have a very hard schedule with some desperate dangerous teams.

HometownGal
12-06-2010, 08:33 AM

^^ Spot on. :thumbsup:

The Steelers knew they couldn't leave M&T last night with a loss and they did what a good team does - take advantage of a split-second opportunity and spin it into gold. I love my Steelers - always have, always will - but in all the years I have been a Steelers fan, I've never been prouder of a group of guys in a single game - not even their Super Bowl wins. :tt02: They were battered, bruised and exhausted, but they stared adversity right in the puss and said "no sirrreeeee - we're not leaving Baltimore with anything other than a W", played their hearts out when it mattered the most and came away with that coveted W and the division lead.

BPS3akaWirels3
12-06-2010, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by X-Terminator http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php?p=103473#post103473)

Pen's could use some of this support... lol :)

HometownGal
12-06-2010, 09:00 AM
Pen's could use some of this support... lol :)

You'd better take cover buddy. :heh:

BPS3akaWirels3
12-06-2010, 09:24 AM
You'd better take cover buddy. :heh:

I just want him to say the Pen's are awesome some day and I will shut my mouth.. TX is still cool in my little world.. :)

Michael
12-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Two things:

1. I thought Baltimore was one of the better teams? :noidea:

2. As far as the Chargers go, they have to actually MAKE the postseason. Right now they're 6-6 and in 3rd place in the West. I don't understand all the love for the Chargers - they suck. They've dropped two games to the Raiders this season, a team we kicked all over the place despite setting a franchise record in penalty yardage.

Bottom line is there are NO great teams in this league. Everyone has at least one potentially fatal flaw. At this juncture, we have just as good a shot of hoisting the Lombardi as anyone else in early February - actually, we have a better shot than most.

The Steelers proved to me last night that CHARACTER counts "big time". Yes your right we have as good chance as anyone else. When you look around the league and see these other teams, starting out with the Chargers just be greatful your team is the Pittsburgh Steelers. I have been extremely proud of the Steelers many times over the many many years and last night's performance was one of the great efforts by a banged up hardnosed (one exception perhaps)
group of young men.

Greatness comes from the heart and when you can bring it to your game you are capable of doing great things. This team has an incredible number of leaders on the field.

I am so glad that Jeff Reed is gone. His totally inappropiate comments as well as his kicking performance made the decison to remove him so correct. He is now in the perfect city for him.

Great game in my book!

HometownGal
12-06-2010, 09:54 AM
I just want him to say the Pen's are awesome some day and I will shut my mom.. TX is still cool in my little world.. :)

XT is really a huge Pens fan, though he sometimes comes across as "troll like". He didn't jump on the bandwagon several years ago when they came into their own - he's suffered through the bad years just as I have but still supported and cheered them on. :drink: We both sat in that arena for a lot of years before they started winning again, me especially, as I sat in the Civic Arena going back to the 70's when they had some great talent but couldn't get it together.

I do think, though, that he is too hard on them at times and his expectations of them are a little higher than is really fair. :noidea:

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2010, 10:08 AM
As a Steelers fan, I have the privilege of going into every season Believing this team has a shot of making the Playoffs, and from there the Super Bowl.

Every year, we lose some games, we lose some players and we have moments that make it look like this won't be the year. However, I never ever Lose Faith in my team.

Is this the best Steelers Team I've ever seen? Nope, can this team win the Super Bowl...DAMN FCKING RIGHT THEY CAN.

I am an eternal optimist and can not handle people that always talk doom and gloom. Go root for the Lions or the Browns if you like "feeling sorry for yourself" Otherwise Get on board and BELIEVE!
I'm done. Just had to get that out there.

stlrtruck
12-06-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm sorry but I have to disagree Zu. Looking at our depleted roster of injuries and the constant turnover of o-line, we shouldn't be 9-3. Matter of fact, we probably shouldn't be 6-6. But we are 9-3 and the Steelers are finding ways to win. That's what matters, not the style points, but the number of W's.

Yes I have some questions about our roster, and some of our coaching staff and the plays they design/run. But they're finding a way to win and at the end of the day I just can't argue with that!

BPS3akaWirels3
12-06-2010, 11:12 AM
XT is really a huge Pens fan, though he sometimes comes across as "troll like". He didn't jump on the bandwagon several years ago when they came into their own - he's suffered through the bad years just as I have but still supported and cheered them on. :drink: We both sat in that arena for a lot of years before they started winning again, me especially, as I sat in the Civic Arena going back to the 70's when they had some great talent but couldn't get it together.

I do think, though, that he is too hard on them at times and his expectations of them are a little higher than is really fair. :noidea:

I'm just giving him a hard time.. He has been a fan a lot longer then I have been.. I have only been a real fan since 2006...

zulater
12-06-2010, 11:24 AM
As a Steelers fan, I have the privilege of going into every season Believing this team has a shot of making the Playoffs, and from there the Super Bowl.

Every year, we lose some games, we lose some players and we have moments that make it look like this won't be the year. However, I never ever Lose Faith in my team.

Is this the best Steelers Team I've ever seen? Nope, can this team win the Super Bowl...DAMN FCKING RIGHT THEY CAN.

I am an eternal optimist and can not handle people that always talk doom and gloom. Go root for the Lions or the Browns if you like "feeling sorry for yourself" Otherwise Get on board and BELIEVE!
I'm done. Just had to get that out there.

It's not a matter of "feeling sorry for yourself", expressing doubt isn't the same as abandoning ship.

Sorry but I still think our flaws are too pronounced to win the Super Bowl this year. Again I hope to be proven wrong, and no I'm not pointing fingers, looking to place blame. We've been unlucky with injuries to our OL. Not Ben's fault, not Arians fault, not even Colbert's fault, with Colon's injury occuring when it did. Just plain bad luck. Maybe the o-line can stabilize to some degree? But I honestly can't see advancing through 2 playoff games with that o-line. Oh yeah let's not forget our cb's. I was all for bringing back B.Mac, but man he's having a brutal season. Gay, I think as a dime back he's got value, but as a nickle back not so much.

Again, being a doubter doesn't make me a hater, or disloyal. I'm the guy watching every play game 16 cheering like crazy for a win when we're 5-10 and my buddies are all trying to tell me we'd be better off losing and getting a better draft pick. Don't care, it's the last meaningfull game until the following September and I'm on board to the final gun.

So enough with judging who's a real fan and who's not. We might have different ways of viewing our team, but the team is no less mine than it is yours.

BPS3akaWirels3
12-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Let's just let this thread die.. We all said what we had to say and it does no good anymore.. Thanks..

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2010, 11:40 AM
It's not a matter of "feeling sorry for yourself", expressing doubt isn't the same as abandoning ship.

Sorry but I still think our flaws are too pronounced to win the Super Bowl this year. Again I hope to be proven wrong, and no I'm not pointing fingers, looking to place blame. We've been unlucky with injuries to our OL. Not Ben's fault, not Arians fault, not even Colbert's fault, with Colon's injury occuring when it did. Just plain bad luck. Maybe the o-line can stabilize to some degree? But I honestly can't see advancing through 2 playoff games with that o-line. Oh yeah let's not forget our cb's. I was all for bringing back B.Mac, but man he's having a brutal season. Gay, I think as a dime back he's got value, but as a nickle back not so much.

Again, being a doubter doesn't make me a hater, or disloyal. I'm the guy watching every play game 16 cheering like crazy for a win when we're 5-10 and my buddies are all trying to tell me we'd be better off losing and getting a better draft pick. Don't care, it's the last meaningfull game until the following September and I'm on board to the final gun.

So enough with judging who's a real fan and who's not. We might have different ways of viewing our team, but the team is no less mine than it is yours.

I didn't quote you, I was making a general statement about Pessimits and Optomists. But as for you're disloyalty, keep on with the pointing out flaws. Keep on hedging your bets saying "we suck" when in the end when We win it all you'll cheer as loud as everyone else but if We lose you can turn around and say "I Told You So"

I get what type of personality you are, you and I would not get along. Down 14 points with 2 minutes left, 2 touchdowns is still possible in my opinion, you quit on the team down 7 in the first quarter. I get it. There are tons of pessimists out there, so I'm used to them crying all the time. I'm the opposite type. So be yourself, love your team your way and I'll love them Mine.

fansince'76
12-06-2010, 11:51 AM
Just one more thing and I'm done - I find it funny that all I heard from a LOT of the Nation all last week was how that we may as well pencil in a wild card berth at best since we "can't beat good teams," and "we have way too many flaws to beat the Ravens at home" and "we built an 8-3 record by beating up on shitty teams," and "we're overrated," etc., etc. Now, we beat a so-called "good team" in their backyard and all of a sudden they're not a "good team" anymore? Interesting. Yet these comments about a team who's sitting at 9-3 and in 1st place in their division and currently with the 2nd seed in the conference are coming from many of the same who think we'll have a problem with a 6-6 and 3rd place in their division Chargers team come the postseason. Whatever.

zulater
12-06-2010, 11:51 AM
I didn't quote you, I was making a general statement about Pessimits and Optomists. But as for you're disloyalty, keep on with the pointing out flaws. Keep on hedging your bets saying "we suck" when in the end when We win it all you'll cheer as loud as everyone else but if We lose you can turn around and say "I Told You So"

I get what type of personality you are, you and I would not get along. Down 14 points with 2 minutes left, 2 touchdowns is still possible in my opinion, you quit on the team down 7 in the first quarter. I get it. There are tons of pessimists out there, so I'm used to them crying all the time. I'm the opposite type. So be yourself, love your team your way and I'll love them Mine.

Yeah, you get my personality! Right, you are.

So how many children have i had out of wedlock? How many times have I been arrested? Divorced? How often do I do volunteer work? How much do I give to charity all knowing and judging Dino?

By the way Dino, I never gloat when I'm right, ( suicide pool) and never fail to acknowledge when I'm wrong. Just one more thing you didn't know about me.

btw I never "quit on the team" either. I watch until the final gun, no matter how good or bad the result, how good or bad the season is going.

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Yeah, you get my personality! Right, you are.

So how many children have i had out of wedlock? How many times have I been arrested? Divorced? How often do I do volunteer work? How much do I give to charity all knowing and judging Dino?

There is a beer down at the corner bar with your name on it for you to go cry into. Enjoy it.

zulater
12-06-2010, 11:58 AM
There is a beer down at the corner bar with your name on it for you to go cry into. Enjoy it.

no comment

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2010, 12:01 PM
There's a male prostitute down on your corner waiting for you. Go suck it!

How very clever of you.

Enjoy the beer and the cry.

HometownGal
12-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Ahem - gentlemen. Firing poison darts never resolves anything. Dino - this thread didn't thrill me either last night, be but to be fair and just here - Zu acknowledged that he spoke too soon and ate his crow. That should really be the end of it.

Too many fans of all major sports teams, for whatever reason, have a momentary brain fart, temporarily lose the faith and go on a rant. I have a very close friend who does this with the Pens all the time and there are seriously times where I could thump the living shit out of him. We all don't deal with adversity in the same manner and that's OK. It's just part of being human. :noidea:

I think the best solution here is to agree to disagree and move on. :drink:

zulater
12-06-2010, 12:05 PM
How very clever of you.

Enjoy the beer and the cry.

I only drink at home, and never cry after a win. Just because I doubted it doesn't mean I don't appreciate it and enjoy it. :drink:

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Sure thing HTG.

zulater
12-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Ahem - gentlemen. Firing poison darts never resolves anything. Dino - this thread didn't thrill me either last night, be but to be fair and just here - Zu acknowledged that he spoke too soon and ate his crow. That should really be the end of it.

Too many fans of all major sports teams, for whatever reason, have a momentary brain fart, temporarily lose the faith and go on a rant. I have a very close friend who does this with the Pens all the time and there are seriously times where I could thump the living shit out of him. We all don't deal with adversity in the same manner and that's OK. It's just part of being human. :noidea:

I think the best solution here is to agree to disagree and move on. :drink:

I'm fine with that, but if someone wants to make it personal I can deal with that too, though I'd just as soon not. .

HometownGal
12-06-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm fine with that, but if someone wants to make it personal I can deal with that too, though I'd just as soon not. .

We should all be celebrating a phenomenal Steelers W and owing first place in our division instead of poking each other with sticks. Just sayin. . . . ;)

Thank you Dino.

zulater
12-06-2010, 12:18 PM
We should all be celebrating a phenomenal Steelers W and owing first place in our division instead of poking each other with sticks. Just sayin. . . . ;)

Thank you Dino.

I know, but i also resent the implications that I and others like me are bandwagon jumper of disloyal if and when we express doubt and concern about a game, season, coach, a player etc.... To me that's the same as a person calling an Obama ( or Bush) critic un-American when they express concern for the direction that they see the country being taken in.

Dino 6 Rings
12-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Down 7-0 in the first quarter and this was your Thread Starter "Face it, we just aren't that good."

I mean really dude.

I am Sorry that I implied you were a Non Loyal Fan. I hereby Apologize most sincerly for looking too deeply into your Thread Starter and having the thought that you were a Pessimist by nature. My Bad.

zulater
12-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Down 7-0 in the first quarter and this was your Thread Starter "Face it, we just aren't that good."

I mean really dude.

I am Sorry that I implied you were a Non Loyal Fan. I hereby Apologize most sincerly for looking too deeply into your Thread Starter and having the thought that you were a Pessimist by nature. My Bad.

Look I understand, but at the time I thought I was being objective and was simply commenting on what I was seeing before me. Did I stop believing? Truthfully yeah I did, even though I knew it was only a one score game I couldn't help but flashing back to the Patriots game ( also a one score game at half) just a few weeks before, and sensing deju vu all over again. My bad, I'm sorry. I tend to be a fatalist in the heat of the moment sometimes. Honestly sometimes i wish I didn't care as much as I do, or had it in my DNA to expect the best no matter what, but it's not who I am.

But never, ever, no matter how bad it gets do i ever stop watching, hoping, wishing and wanting the best for the Steelers. I just don't always expect it. And in the bad times, my loyalty never wavers and never will. and thankfully those bad times aren't a regular occurance for us Steelers faithfull and I recognize and appreciate the hell out of that as well.

btw I edited some previous posts, sorry if I got on the defensive, but it's over as far as I'm concerned now.

Devilsdancefloor
12-06-2010, 01:03 PM
your title of the tread says it all it is true that we just arent that good, BUT we are not that bad either. A lot of teams would love to have our record with their franchise QB out for a 4 game stretch. maybe i have my B&G glasses on, but are not that bad. The steelers have their turd games like anyone else personally that is what i am gonna chalk up the * game too.

BTW HTG gave a nice little knock it off, move on like she said

oneforthetoe
12-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Can't we all just get along.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Yawiu9y1v5M/R09AICdCzXI/AAAAAAAABR8/Ti3Okegmfoc/s320/Rodney-King.jpg:Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry:

zulater
12-06-2010, 09:01 PM
your title of the tread says it all it is true that we just arent that good, BUT we are not that bad either. A lot of teams would love to have our record with their franchise QB out for a 4 game stretch. maybe i have my B&G glasses on, but are not that bad. The steelers have their turd games like anyone else personally that is what i am gonna chalk up the * game too.

BTW HTG gave a nice little knock it off, move on like she said

I already had.

:coffee: