PDA

View Full Version : Brown/Sanders update

stillers4me
12-05-2010, 04:09 PM
http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/1099965827/TweetLogo_normal.jpg
SteelersDigest (http://twitter.com/#!/SteelersDigest) Steelers Digest

Both young WRs - Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders - will dress vs. Ravens. Brown will be a return guy.

:clap2:

tube517
12-05-2010, 04:10 PM
I hope they are playing together on offense too. Grandpa El needs to take a seat.

Hindes204
12-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Brown is ridiculously fast

SteelerFanInStl
12-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Good deal!

steeldevil
12-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Maybe we run that reverse kickoff with Brown again.

Carolina Steelers
12-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Brown= good field position

Edman
12-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Special Teams will be the X-Factor in this game. We're going to need GREAT punting by Sepulveda too.

Both Sanders and Brown are excellent return men certainly better than "Fair Catch" El.

kmsteelerwr15
12-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Glad to see them both out there

The Duke
12-05-2010, 06:02 PM
More offensive potential against a defensive team like the ravens? I love it!

Brown could take one to the house today. It's primetime, he wants it

steelpride12
12-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Having Brown as a returner could be that spark to set up a shorter drive or even a clutch late TD and Sanders improves each game he has played.

Godfather
12-05-2010, 11:16 PM
I love Brown and Sanders. The best part is knowing with those three young stars in our receiving corps, we're well situated at that position for the next decade.

Now we can focus on the D-line and secondary in the draft. All our good players there are getting old.

Psycho Ward 86
12-05-2010, 11:17 PM
Brown moves like a freakin' rat in small space. I am really liking the potential. Make either Battle or ARE an inactive for godsake and use that extra spot for an extra lineman or something

CanadianSteel
12-06-2010, 12:08 AM
Both actually played decent tonight for sure - nothing earth sgattering but both made cathes and had soem postive impact... A nice sign for future games..

7willBheaven
12-06-2010, 12:36 AM
Both actually played decent tonight for sure - nothing earth sgattering but both made cathes and had soem postive impact... A nice sign for future games..

Right on...BOTH should get to dress the rest of the year. Bench Battle if you have to.

tube517
12-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Anybody notice that Mr. Fair catch was barely on the field? These 2 are improving every week. Sanders had a huge tackle on the kickoff after Redman's TD.

SMR
12-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Right on...BOTH should get to dress the rest of the year. Bench Battle if you have to.

Ditto.

Chidi29
12-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Anybody notice that Mr. Fair catch was barely on the field? These 2 are improving every week. Sanders had a huge tackle on the kickoff after Redman's TD.

Really good point. He's had a couple big tackles on special teams. The same with Brown.

The more you can do for your team, the more valuable you'll be. Both are well-rounded rookies.

Chidi29
12-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Ditto.

I think Battle has a lot of value on special teams too. Probably saved a TD with his tackle on Webb.

I'd rather take El off and use Moore in our "security" punt return situations like we did last year.

RushHard34
12-06-2010, 07:46 PM
1 big receiver away from having the best WR corp in 3 years.

Psycho Ward 86
12-06-2010, 08:25 PM
Sanders had a huge tackle on the kickoff after Redman's TD.

Wow i thought nobody would've noticed that. Believe it or not folks, THIS play might have made the difference. Sanders dropped him at the 16 yard line, and when the Ravens went for it on 4th and 2, it was because Billy Cundiff didnt feel like he could make a 54 yard field goal. If that kickoff by Suisham turned out to be a touchback, or worse, a return by David Reed, who happens to be one of the more potent kick returners in the league, the Ravens probably would've ended up going for a field goal.

zulater
12-06-2010, 08:36 PM

Betcha Hines Ward was as proud of that play for Sanders as any catch Sanders has made this year. Remember Hines made his bones initially as a special teams demon. I'll bet anything that he's impressed that ujpon his two protege.

oneforthetoe
12-06-2010, 11:01 PM
I think they are playing pretty well - while still making some rookie mistakes - which is understandable. I was wondering about Ben's INT in the first half? I'm not absolving Ben of responsibility, but the Steelers had Wallace and either Sanders or Brown (can't remember) basically at the same spot far down field. I have to think somebody ran the incorrect route.

Merchant
12-06-2010, 11:06 PM
1 big receiver away from having the best WR corp in 3 years.

Limas Sweed.

Yeah, I said it.

pepsyman1
12-06-2010, 11:16 PM
Limas Sweed.

Yeah, I said it.

Limas who? Yeah, I said it lol

steeldevil
12-06-2010, 11:27 PM
IF, thats a big IF, Limas Sweed can finally get it together next year (if he is even given a chance to) then we could have 4 talented and potentially good/great young receivers... I think it is worth taking 1 more shot with Sweed. After all, this year really should not count against him from what I am aware of.

Merchant
12-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Limas who? Yeah, I said it lol

Limas Gonna-Come-Back-Healthy-Next-Season-and-Finally-Show-That-He's-Not-A-Bust Sweed. Yeah, I said it.

7willBheaven
12-07-2010, 12:25 AM
IF, thats a big IF, Limas Sweed can finally get it together next year (if he is even given a chance to) then we could have 4 talented and potentially good/great young receivers... I think it is worth taking 1 more shot with Sweed. After all, this year really should not count against him from what I am aware of.

I think he's worth another shot. It seemed during the off season/etc he was starting over, new number, was looking better during off season workouts/etc and then BAM hurt. Having a taller WR would be awesome to add to what they have now.

7willBheaven
12-07-2010, 12:34 AM
I think Battle has a lot of value on special teams too. Probably saved a TD with his tackle on Webb.

I'd rather take El off and use Moore in our "security" punt return situations like we did last year.

The only thing I worry about not letting El dress is if Ward went down for anything, all we have are the young guys (and Battle)...I know some people hate on El, etc, etc. But i think he's made some good catches and still can be a valuable 3rd/4th WR when needed. He is not what he was when he was here before obviously...but i'm glad we have him incase he's needed in situations like that/etc.

Also...i think there is a chance that if they had already had Brown/Sanders before signing El and/or Battle...i doubt they sign both of them. All in all though...I like the problem we have now of having a few vets (Ward/El), a mid way guy (Battle), and some young up and coming guys...one is above the others right now but he's still young (Wallace, Sanders, Brown).

tube517
12-07-2010, 12:39 AM
That is the beauty of DVR's!

When I watched the final sequence again last night, I saw that tackle and that was huge.

Wow i thought nobody would've noticed that. Believe it or not folks, THIS play might have made the difference. Sanders dropped him at the 16 yard line, and when the Ravens went for it on 4th and 2, it was because Billy Cundiff didnt feel like he could make a 54 yard field goal. If that kickoff by Suisham turned out to be a touchback, or worse, a return by David Reed, who happens to be one of the more potent kick returners in the league, the Ravens probably would've ended up going for a field goal.

Galax Steeler
12-07-2010, 03:18 AM
Brown didn't get to show much Sunday night they kept kicking it deep into the endzone for touchbacks hopefully we can see more of the return game this week.