PDA

View Full Version : Bires: Steelers vs. Ravens - The NFL's best rivalry

fansince'76
12-03-2010, 11:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr49tY13QIo&feature=player_embedded

stlrtruck
12-03-2010, 11:32 AM
wow, i just wasted 2 minutes of my life listening to Bires tell me absolutely everything I already knew!

fansince'76
12-03-2010, 11:33 AM
wow, i just wasted 2 minutes of my life listening to Bires tell me absolutely everything I already knew!

Slow news day. :noidea:

Dino 6 Rings
12-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Ok, I agree, the Ravens Steelers games is a great Rivalry Game. However, I have to point out a few others just for arguments sake.

The Jets vs Patriots. First its NY vs Boston, which is already a heated rivalry in pretty much All sports. We don't have this rivalry with Baltimore in anything other than football, and it only exists at the level it does because they are the former browns and they talk trash and don't know when they are beaten, even though they have NEVER beaten us in a playoff game.

The Jets Patriots also has a lot of Parcells, Bellicheck Tie ins for the hatred. Remember, when Parcells was coach for the Patriots, he took them to a super bowl, then left them, to go take the Jets Job in 97, then Bellicheck joined him in NY after failing in Cleveland. So when Parcells was going to Retire again, from the Jets, it was assumed, pretty much a given that Bill Bellicheck would be the Jets next head coach, but he bailed on them, at the last moment, and went to New England instead where he took that team to the top of the AFC East and beat the snot out of the Jets for years. So there is a TON of hatred in NY For the Pats, and now that the Jets have won 3 of the last 4 and have been giving Brady fits the last couple years, the Rivalry is making its way back. And it has every sport tied to it, Baseball, Hockey, Basketball...its huge.

Vikings vs Packers. I mean, come on, Favre on the Vikings makes this Rivalry just sick from a fans perspective. They play 2 times a year and now the Hall of Fame QB From one team is leading the other team. Sure, this is a down year for the Vikes, but had Favre not had a year off while at the Jets, I bet this game would be much more serious than it currently is. Still, those teams do hate each other.

Patriots vs Colts. This is a classic AFC out of Division game that has become a Staple game played almost every year the last 10. I think its 8 in a row now they have played and the pendelium as swung both ways in this classic Match UP. Each game always seems to come down to a last possession and a final big play. Great to watch from a non-fan of either team perspective so it must be grueling for the fans of each team.

Oakland Vs Pittsburgh. I'm sorry, but I consider this our Greatest Rivalry, only for the historic perspective of the events surrounding our matchups of the 70s and then leading into the 80s and even now, with us dropping a couple the last 3 times we have played. Al Davis and John Madden still bitch about an event that took place in 1972. That is true Rivalry. Amazing how long the hatred over one game has lasted. Plus, in the 70s if it wasn't us in the Super Bowl, it was usually becaus we lost to the Raiders, or once I think to the Dolphins without looking it up. But the rivalry is something brutal and if we were in the same division, this would be unbelievable.

Philadelphia vs NY Giants. Here is another Game that goes beyond just Football. Between the Flyers, Rangers, and Yankees Mets vs Phillies, 6ers Nicks, these two cities can't stand one another. Its also a game that has "the miracle of the meadowlands" as part of it so it actually has some historical rivalry factors to it. Huge games have been played in this rivalry and It merits a lot more attention that what is given outside the I-95 Interstate that is for sure. Its a great game to be at.

There are a ton more, Like Dallas vs Washington (Pure Hate in that one) Raiders vs Chiefs, another Hate Filled game. I just enjoy talking about the true rivalries that do exist in the NFL.