PDA

View Full Version : Steelers.com - Art Rooney: The game is what's important

stillers4me
12-02-2010, 05:58 PM
By Bob Labriola - Steelers Digest
Posted 41 minutes ago

been a lot of talk this week. About fines, about officials “red-flagging” certain players. About whether there is a double-standard for the league’s quarterbacks. About the “hypocrisy” of an initiative said to be about player safety at the same time plans continue to expand the regular season to 18 games.

A lot of talk, indeed, from locker rooms in Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Talk that has been grist for the media all week. Talk that has made for many a juicy sound bite.

But there’s something else about this week of the 2010 NFL season. At the end of it, there’s going to be a very important football game played, and all of the talking will have nothing to do with which team wins..............

“I understand our players’ frustration, and I certainly share in some of their frustration,” said Rooney. “We’ve expressed our concerns to the league office on some of these things. I think the bottom line at this point is we have to make sure this doesn’t become a distraction to the team and to our season. I know that’s easier said than done, but that’s got to be the key to this at this point.”

Read more @ http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/The-game-is-whats-important/1e68d337-7912-4c53-a24e-fead0c2e85de

ALLD
12-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Sounds like Rooney has something on his mind for the off-season. Like I said before, he has no support from the other owners because we are loaded up on defense. Let these two teams play and let the chips fall where they may. If I was a player I would trust the Rooney's, but not the NFL.

silver & black
12-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Sounds like Rooney has something on his mind for the off-season. Like I said before, he has no support from the other owners because we are loaded up on defense. Let these two teams play and let the chips fall where they may. If I was a player I would trust the Rooney's, but not the NFL.

Hmmm... I bet there is at least one crazy old man that would support him. And what does being loaded up on defense have to do with the situation?