PDA

View Full Version : NFL: We're Not Targeting Steelers >>

SteelerEmpire
12-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Ray Anderson, the NFL's executive vice president for football operations, responded to claims by several Pittsburgh Steelers that the league is targeting the team, particularly linebacker James Harrison, in an interview with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on Thursday.

LINK: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c948de/article/league-rejects-steelers-claims-about-targeting-team-harrison?module=HP_headlines

Dino 6 Rings
12-02-2010, 11:46 AM
WHO CARES!

TARGET US! WE WILL STILL WIN IN THE END!!!!

7SteelGal43
12-02-2010, 12:33 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers........playing the game the way it was meant to be played ! :tt03:

I love the game of football. I love the teams, the players, the rivalries, the "omgaw did u see that" moments...but I cannot stand the NFL (Goodell and the lot). This 18 game season is just plain greed. I think a 16 game season is plenty. As for Harrison, of COURSE he and my beloved Steelers are being singled out. I mean WHAT was dirty or vicious or illegal 'bout James hit in Ryan ? What...his helmet touched Ryans jersey ? PFFFT. pussy. That was nothing more than a stinger, he got the breath knocked outta him. PUHLEASE.

salamander
12-02-2010, 01:01 PM
"We're not targeting the Steelers........but we're gonna fine James Harrison for playing football and let Ben get mauled."

steeldevil
12-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Well if they are targeting the Steelers they are not going to admit it.... Why the hell did reporters even ask him that question?

Steeldude
12-02-2010, 02:02 PM
Anderson reiterated the league's decree from earlier this season that those players inflicting helmet-to-helmet or flagrant hits will be subject to suspension.

what a load of crap. what about the two helmet-to-helmet hits on ward this season? neither of them drew a suspension or a fine.

andre houston deliberately and flagrantly hit a player 2 to 3 times. no suspension at all.

fansince'76
12-02-2010, 02:04 PM
NFL: We're Not Targeting SteelersThe fact that this story is getting as much play as it is outside of Pittsburgh would seem to indicate differently. Sorry, but when players from your biggest rival say you're getting screwed over, something's amiss.

HometownGal
12-02-2010, 02:19 PM
One simple word . . . .one simple obvious fact . . . .

BULLSHIT.

siss
12-02-2010, 02:32 PM
:upyours:
Im convinced Mr. Anderson!
:rant::yell::censored::countdown

stlrtruck
12-02-2010, 02:40 PM
They'd never admit it. And now I'm wondering if, we, the fans could sue the NFL?

HometownGal
12-02-2010, 03:12 PM
They'd never admit it. And now I'm wondering if, we, the fans could sue the NFL?

I don't know if we can do that in a class-action format, but the one thing we can do that will hit them in their pockets is to stop buying NFL gear and merchandise, as much as it would kill us to do so.

Nadroj 20
12-02-2010, 03:34 PM
I dont believe it...it seems like they are targeting the steelers

JayC
12-02-2010, 03:39 PM
i like how the first result in google search of "fire goodell" is from SF (yes i hate that site and im banned) but still funny

Devilsdancefloor
12-02-2010, 03:59 PM
i say lett'em keep on picking on the steelers we play better with a chip on our shoulders!!

Craic
12-02-2010, 04:05 PM
The fact that this story is getting as much play as it is outside of Pittsburgh would seem to indicate differently. Sorry, but when players from your biggest rival say you're getting screwed over, something's amiss.

BULLSHIT.

No, no... I think we should believe him. Why? Because it is even MORE telling. No, they're not targeting the Steelers PER SE, but rather, the Steelers method of playing football. IMO, this interview actually proves exactly what Lambert was saying, its time to put skirts on QB's. However, not only QB's, but on the entire offense (unless they were the Black and Gold, since they play like their defense does.

ALLD
12-02-2010, 04:30 PM
That is not the first time somebody lied to the Post- Gazette.

Count Steeler
12-02-2010, 04:43 PM
"I would say that's misguided and, frankly, completely untrue," Anderson said when asked if the Steelers are being targeted. "Every team and every player, hopefully, will have the confidence that, if they play within the rules, we won't have this problem."

Firstly, what would you expect him to say? Yes the GFL (Goodell's FU League) is targeting the Steelers!

The facts don't bear out his assertion. How can Harrison have more fines than any other team in the NFL? The Bears don't hit hard? The Ravens don't hit hard?

We all know and have seen with our own eyes that the Black and Gold will not get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to penalties or fines.

st33lersguy
12-02-2010, 05:05 PM
LIARS!!!!

SteelerEmpire
12-02-2010, 05:23 PM
:upyours:
Im convinced Mr. Anderson!
:rant::yell::censored::countdown

Is'ent this guy (Anderson) supposed to take over once Good-hell retires or we finally get him out of there ??

SteelerFanInStl
12-02-2010, 05:26 PM
I don't know if we can do that in a class-action format, but the one thing we can do that will hit them in their pockets is to stop buying NFL gear and merchandise, as much as it would kill us to do so.

As I've said here many times, I've already started my boycott of NFL products. I won't give them a dime of my money while this crap continues.

VTsteel
12-02-2010, 05:39 PM
The fact that this story is getting as much play as it is outside of Pittsburgh would seem to indicate differently. Sorry, but when players from your biggest rival say you're getting screwed over, something's amiss.

Exactly!

For this thing to have grown legs enough around the country that people that HATE our team are saying we're being screwed over. . . there is little doubt left.

I mean seriously, if a team I hated got screwed over i'd say GREAT . . . But for me to acknowledge that they're being targeted, screwed, picked on, (whatever) - It would have to be so obviously agregious that there was no denying it . . . And that my friends is where we are at. No denying it.

That being said . . . F 'em. Don't change a thing about the way steelers ball is played - Hit harder and we'll cheer louder!

smokin3000gt
12-02-2010, 06:56 PM
I'll tell ya what.. I bet all this attention is going to work against all the other teams. Our team feels like their being picked on (especially our D) and I think they are going to come out knocking heads off with the 'effed if we do, effed if we don't so we might as well' mentality.

Galax Steeler
12-02-2010, 07:23 PM

BULLSHIT.

My words exactly.

silver & black
12-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Exactly!

For this thing to have grown legs enough around the country that people that HATE our team are saying we're being screwed over. . . there is little doubt left.

I mean seriously, if a team I hated got screwed over i'd say GREAT . . . But for me to acknowledge that they're being targeted, screwed, picked on, (whatever) - It would have to be so obviously agregious that there was no denying it . . . And that my friends is where we are at. No denying it.

That being said . . . F 'em. Don't change a thing about the way steelers ball is played - Hit harder and we'll cheer louder!

Obviously, I'm not a Steelers fan. Usually, I would love to see your team get beat up by the refs. But... even I, a die hard Raiders fan, who has some vivid memories and history of our "wars" on the field over the last 42 years, can say that I truly believe the Steelers are being made an example of by Goodell and the refs. It sucks to be targeted by the refs in every game... I know all too well.

Hopefully, with the whole NFL fan base and even players from opposing teams taking notice of the bullshit that is going on against the Steelers, things will cahnge for the better next year. I'm afraid this will continue for the remainder of this season, though. You have my sympathy... for what it's worth, which isn't much, concerning your team, but as a fan of football and the NFL, I don't like what I'm seeing... even if it is directed at the Steelers.

fansince'76
12-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Obviously, I'm not a Steelers fan. Usually, I would love to see your team get beat up by the refs. But... even I, a die hard Raiders fan, who has some vivid memories and history of our "wars" on the field over the last 42 years, can say that I truly believe the Steelers are being made an example of by Goodell and the refs. It sucks to be targeted by the refs in every game... I know all too well.

Yep, I remember all too well the hard-on Rozelle had for Al Davis and the look on his face when he was forced to present him the Lombardi Trophy. I'd love for Goodell to have that same facial expression come February. :chuckle:

SMR
12-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Exactly!

:clap2::clap2:

SMR
12-02-2010, 08:10 PM

Hopefully, with the whole NFL fan base and even players from opposing teams taking notice of the bullshit that is going on against the Steelers, things will cahnge for the better next year. I'm afraid this will continue for the remainder of this season, though. You have my sympathy... for what it's worth, which isn't much, concerning your team, but as a fan of football and the NFL, I don't like what I'm seeing... even if it is directed at the Steelers.

God bless you, sir! :salute:

salamander
12-02-2010, 08:19 PM

Many kudos to you, sir.

Butch
12-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Without the owners themselves and the National Media behind it nothing will get done.

The fans need to do something as well, and as much as not buying the product would hurt it would also hurt the Steelers.

IMHO someone should go to the local press with a chant that all the fans would be encouraged to shout at the start of the game. Don't have any ideas on what it should be but it should be short and something very printable so the press could release it and the National press could pick up on it.

"Rot in Hell Roger Godel!!!"

Yeah I know they would never print it but it just had to be said. LOL

O'Malley
12-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Or hold anti Goodell signs at every Steelers game in every stadium for the rest of his time on his throne. No cuss words just anti Goodell signs.

SMR
12-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Or hold anti Goodell signs at every Steelers game in every stadium for the rest of his time on his throne. No cuss words just anti Goodell signs.

Not a bad idea at all!

beSteelmyheart
12-02-2010, 10:14 PM
There are alot of creative, artistic "bootleggers" out there!

Psycho Ward 86
12-03-2010, 01:33 AM

Picture of Goodell with a Hitler 'stache?

HometownGal
12-03-2010, 06:00 AM
Picture of Goodell with a Hitler 'stache?

http://myfavoritewasteoftime.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/stooges.jpg

X-Terminator
12-03-2010, 08:11 AM
BTW, it's now Friday morning, and Chad Greenway still has not been fined for his hit against the Packers on Sunday where he not only lead with the crown of his helmet to the receiver's chest, he actually lunged into him and left his feet. Three things James Harrison did not do.

Fuck you, Goodell and Anderson.

BPS3akaWirels3
12-03-2010, 08:36 AM
When you have other team's players complaining about it then there is something not right..

Texasteel
12-03-2010, 08:54 AM

God, I have to agree with a Raider fan. Life has gotten too confusing.

stlrtruck
12-03-2010, 10:21 AM
God, I have to agree with a Raider fan. Life has gotten too confusing.

Not only was the NFL looking for parity amongst it's teams, it was looking to have kumbya parties with the fans. Look what Der Kommish has done to the once proud fines of aggressive football teams! :no: :pout:

Moose
12-03-2010, 01:32 PM
Like what was said earlier....what do you think they would say when asked that question? We all know, and the rest of the teams all know that we are the target because of our style of play. Mr. Dumbell knows that also, same as Mr. Anderson. And with the other teams knowing that is the reason so many opposing players put on a 'show' afterwards to draw a flag on our guys. I say start taking out a ref every once in awhile. Hit them with a hard, bullet type of pass, or have Troy level one here or there. If they are in the route of play they are subject to be 'stuck'. After a few are injured or carried off there won't be enough of them out in the field to just concentrate on Harrison !!! LOL