PDA

View Full Version : Any Raven Fans here visiting?

Slanted August
12-01-2010, 06:01 PM
How do you honestly think you lineup? Strengths? Weaknessess?

I see the Steelers D going with

BMAC on Mason

Ike on Boldin

Gay on Housh

Heap running with all 4 Lb's at any given time

Rice getting Farrior which can be an exposed mismatch

Clark & Troy roaming coverage over to the hot receiver

The key will be pressure or Flacco will be playing pitch & catch with Mason. They seem to have good chemistry like Peyton had with Harrison & Wade and Brady with Welker.

I always fear Rice's slashing style over Mgahee(sp).

On offense I am hoping BA will earn his paycheck and call his best game ever and catch the Ravens off guard. This could be a trademark game for him assuming the players execute.

BPS3akaWirels3
12-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Ask Crow-mag or Jon229

steeldevil
12-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Hopefully BMAC can play... Anyone know?

hotrodder07
12-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Hopefully BMAC can play... Anyone know?

I heard from a friend that McFadden is supposed to play. I don't know where he got the information from, though.

smokin3000gt
12-01-2010, 07:12 PM
How do you honestly think you lineup? Strengths? Weaknessess?

I see the Steelers D going with

Gay on Housh

Aww man I hope he doesn't get picked on as usual. Nobody on our D has given up as many yards as WG IMO.

Crow-Magnon
12-02-2010, 03:31 PM
I think Flacco is going to look for whatever WR is opposite Gay first, then check off to either Rice or Heap. I also expect to see a few two TE sets with either Dickson or Pitta opposite Heap.

JayC
12-02-2010, 03:33 PM
in that case, memo to all fantasy football owners: start tj houshmandzadeh or pick him up

Slanted August
12-02-2010, 07:02 PM
I think Flacco is going to look for whatever WR is opposite Gay first, then check off to either Rice or Heap. I also expect to see a few two TE sets with either Dickson or Pitta opposite Heap.

The difficult thing with Rice is that he is one of the best IMO at setting up his blocks. Its not like he declares his direction or even dances. He simply has incredible patience and then sneaks through without the LB's seeing him until he is 5+ yards in.

I have a feeling the Ravens are going to test the line & Big Ben often and early to see how they respond. Hopefully BA has an answer for this and the plan will be successfully executed. Depending on his foot I see rollouts, 4 wide to spread it out, and quick passes.

Crow-Magnon
12-02-2010, 07:41 PM
The difficult thing with Rice is that he is one of the best IMO at setting up his blocks. Its not like he declares his direction or even dances. He simply has incredible patience and then sneaks through without the LB's seeing him until he is 5+ yards in.

I have a feeling the Ravens are going to test the line & Big Ben often and early to see how they respond. Hopefully BA has an answer for this and the plan will be successfully executed. Depending on his foot I see rollouts, 4 wide to spread it out, and quick passes.

Although Baltimore's secondary is suspect at times, I think Pittsburgh's best chance is a large dose of Mendenhall- early and often.

Slanted August
12-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Although Baltimore's secondary is suspect at times, I think Pittsburgh's best chance is a large dose of Mendenhall- early and often.

If you look back in the last 10 years, the Steelers have always tried to establish the run and except maybe for one year with the bus I dont believe the Steelers were ever able to run against the Ravens.

Statistically, I know the Ravens are not ranked as high but Cody, Haloti, etc will not make it easy.

You know your team better than I. I just think trying to do this will be playing into the Ravens hand. Having said that the Oline is really banged up so our options may be limited.

Guess Oher is going to play. Maybe we can take advantage of this because he will not be 100%.

Crow-Magnon
12-02-2010, 08:36 PM
If you look back in the last 10 years, the Steelers have always tried to establish the run and except maybe for one year with the bus I dont believe the Steelers were ever able to run against the Ravens.

Statistically, I know the Ravens are not ranked as high but Cody, Haloti, etc will not make it easy.

You know your team better than I. I just think trying to do this will be playing into the Ravens hand. Having said that the Oline is really banged up so our options may be limited.

Guess Oher is going to play. Maybe we can take advantage of this because he will not be 100%.

Although it pains me greatly to say so, I have grown tired of all the announcers talking up that "vaunted Ravens defense" of 2010, which is nothing remotely close to Ravens' defenses of yore. Yes, by overall NFL standards it is a pretty good defense, but by Ravens standards, it is pedestrian. When you are used to years of not allowing a RB going over 100 yards in a game, this year has been a shell shock. There have been years the Ravens' secondary has been torched on occasion, but stuffing the run normally allowed for a W.

Slanted August
12-03-2010, 08:56 AM
Although it pains me greatly to say so, I have grown tired of all the announcers talking up that "vaunted Ravens defense" of 2010, which is nothing remotely close to Ravens' defenses of yore. Yes, by overall NFL standards it is a pretty good defense, but by Ravens standards, it is pedestrian. When you are used to years of not allowing a RB going over 100 yards in a game, this year has been a shell shock. There have been years the Ravens' secondary has been torched on occasion, but stuffing the run normally allowed for a W.

Interesting CM,

I think you would agree if Ray Ray & Co. had a better QB years ago there may have been more trophies. It may be fair to say that the gap has narrowed between your D and O.

This has the makings to be a classic because of the stakes and because of the rivalry. Lets just hope the refs try keeping it clean but not take over the game....

stlrtruck
12-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Interesting CM,

I think you would agree if Ray Ray & Co. had a better QB years ago there may have been more trophies. It may be fair to say that the gap has narrowed between your D and O.

This has the makings to be a classic because of the stakes and because of the rivalry. Lets just hope the refs try keeping it clean but not take over the game....

I say forget the refs, remove them from the game. Let the two battle it out for 60 minutes and be done.

Slanted August
12-03-2010, 05:38 PM
I say forget the refs, remove them from the game. Let the two battle it out for 60 minutes and be done.

I hear ya but this is a national spotlight game and the RGL (formally NFL) may want to send a message that the aggresive physical style that will be played by these teams will be a thing of the past.

Lets hope for the best.

Crow-Magnon
12-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Interesting CM,

Flacco may never make the HoF, but had he (or a QB of his caliber) been the QB from 2002-2007, I think the Ravens would have been to the SB at least once more, if not twice.

Count Steeler
12-04-2010, 09:32 AM
Both teams should wear their throwbacks and wear leather helmets. Of course, that means the Raves would have to wear a Browns uniform.

Looking forward to a close, tight, physical game that is going to be destroyed by the refs. I pray Corrente is nowhere near the stadium.

Crow-Magnon
12-04-2010, 09:39 AM
Both teams should wear their throwbacks and wear leather helmets. Of course, that means the Raves would have to wear a Browns uniform.

Looking forward to a close, tight, physical game that is going to be destroyed by the refs. I pray Corrente is nowhere near the stadium.

The Ravens do (and do not) have a throwback uni. Remember the shield from '96-'98?

http://www.instantreplaysportcard.com/items/helmets/%2796-98%20ravens.jpg

They cannot wear it as the guy that designed it sued for not getting his share of the credit and $$$ due to copyright. He got the credit, no $$$ and as it is copyrighted, they can never wear it again.

Thank God. I loathed that thing!