PDA

View Full Version : I may be ready to hang it up.

Kaeg
11-30-2010, 09:22 PM
Guys, I love my Steelers, but I hate this new NFL. Especially the way it's so god damned inconsistent and even biased. I'm sticking this year out in hopes of No. 7 but I may just stop after this season, lock out or not. I just don't feel like supporting this corrupt A-hole and his organization anymore. I am so damn tired of raising my arms up after the next flag and saying "Now what?".
Here's to hoping I have reason for a change of heart somewhere along the line.
:drink: :alcohol:

Psycho Ward 86
11-30-2010, 09:25 PM
Stick with us man!

Craic
11-30-2010, 09:37 PM
Funny, I thought this was a quote from James harrison.

GodfatherofSoul
11-30-2010, 09:51 PM
Hang in there, I know *exactly* how you feel. This off season the players association is going to clean this BS up. The players will strike before going to an 18 game season and I'm sure they'll take care of Goodell at the same time. One of the things on the list is a non-Goodell appellate system.

Merchant
11-30-2010, 10:09 PM
I don't think I could ever stop cheering for the black n gold. Even if the NFL became a flag-football league.

7SteelGal43
11-30-2010, 10:27 PM
I don't think I could ever stop cheering for the black n gold. Even if the NFL became a flag-football league.

Wait, you mean it's not ? :huh:

Merchant
11-30-2010, 10:46 PM

It is if Kemo's pass-blocking :chuckle:

memphissteelergirl
11-30-2010, 10:48 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

steelpride12
11-30-2010, 11:16 PM
Don't give up. Stick with us all and let's fight this asshole GODell right out of the NFL.

Devilsdancefloor
11-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Never give up man! As angry as i get at the flags i love my steelers win or lose!

fansince'76
11-30-2010, 11:26 PM

Kemo ------> http://clipart.coolclips.com/AGifm/tf05244/CoolClips_wb029815.gif

Olé! :chuckle:

JayC
12-01-2010, 12:39 AM
yeah it sucks the physicality most of the greats of all time on defense (just look at the NFL top 100 list) played with is now too rough for goodell but even if it turned into complete flag football i'd still watch

long live the steelers!

Hindes204
12-01-2010, 01:25 AM
I will never stop watching...I was born and raised 10 minutes from Three Rivers Stadium, its in my blood.....and that blood is black and gold, forever

7willBheaven
12-01-2010, 01:39 AM
Guys, I love my Steelers, but I hate this new NFL. Especially the way it's so god damned inconsistent and even biased. I'm sticking this year out in hopes of No. 7 but I may just stop after this season, lock out or not. I just don't feel like supporting this corrupt A-hole and his organization anymore. I am so damn tired of raising my arms up after the next flag and saying "Now what?".

Cya

Galax Steeler
12-01-2010, 03:53 AM
I am in it for the long haul will always back my Steelers.

BlastFurnace
12-01-2010, 07:34 AM
While the changes in the NFL have taken some of the enjoyment of the league away, I don't think I could stop watching.

Texasteel
12-01-2010, 07:40 AM

Now thats just cold man. It may be true, but it is cold.:lol:

BPS3akaWirels3
12-01-2010, 08:34 AM
There is no way out.. Once your in, your in for good..

SteelerSal
12-01-2010, 09:18 AM
There is no way out.. Once your in, your in for good..

That's what I'm talking about.

Hey let's start a petition to have Lambert or Lloyd as the next Commish.....football will then be played the way it's suppose to be.

Dino 6 Rings
12-01-2010, 09:36 AM
It Just Doesn't Matter!

They know they can't stop the PAIN! No matter who they fine, or Sit!

We had one game this year where we played really timid, worrying about "fines" and "penalties" you could see it the entire game against the Patriots. But NEVER AGAIN! FINE US! BAN US! It Won't Matter! Number 7 Is Coming!!!!!

1st String, 3rd String ITS STILL THE STEELERS!!!!

HERE WE GO!!!

vasteeler
12-01-2010, 10:12 AM
It Just Doesn't Matter!

They know they can't stop the PAIN! No matter who they fine, or Sit!

We had one game this year where we played really timid, worrying about "fines" and "penalties" you could see it the entire game against the Patriots. But NEVER AGAIN! FINE US! BAN US! It Won't Matter! Number 7 Is Coming!!!!!

1st String, 3rd String ITS STILL THE STEELERS!!!!

HERE WE GO!!!

you post always pump me up, i am so freaking ready for sunday night i cant stand it

stlrtruck
12-01-2010, 11:14 AM

I'm with you man. I get tired of watching my beloved Steelers and then wondering if that great hit I just saw is going to bring a penalty and/or fine with it. I see too many other teams get away with a lot worse with out flag or fine, or a lesser fine, but what they are doing to the Steelers is criminal.

It takes the fun out of the game as a fan!

HollywoodSteel
12-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Hang in there, I know *exactly* how you feel. This off season the players association is going to clean this BS up. The players will strike before going to an 18 game season and I'm sure they'll take care of Goodell at the same time. One of the things on the list is a non-Goodell appellate system.

No, from what I've been hearing, the 18 game schedule is a done deal. Now it's just about working through the details. Of course this will benefit younger teams with more... adaptable coaches, like the Patriots. They will be much better at plugging people in and executing as the injuries mount. The Steelers will probably be hurt the most. We rely on veteran talent, especially on defense where you can't just plug in rookies and expect them to execute Lebeau's defense. Guys like Aaron, Hines, Casey, Keisel, Farrior, Troy and possibly even Harrison will not make it through an 18 game schedule the way they play.

I think this year is the closing of the window for us before we have to rebuild and adapt to the new NFL.

HometownGal
12-01-2010, 12:05 PM
I will never stop watching...its in my blood.....and that blood is black and gold, forever

AMEN!!! :applaudit:

I'll be damned if I'll allow an incompetent, judgmental little weasel with a god complex to rip me away from the team and game I've loved since I was a little girl. SHEEEE?!?!?!?!!? :tt02:

BPS3akaWirels3
12-01-2010, 12:09 PM
I really don't know what I would do without my Steelers... I have the Pirates from April thru first week of Oct and the Pens from October thru June.. Oh wait that covers the whole year.. Yep.. I'm good.. Don't need the Steelers... Plus we now have the AFL in Pittsburgh...

P.S. Did I just sound that stupid? Answer: YES!!

Here we go Steelers, He we go!!!

Be mad at the NFL, not the Steelers...

CanadianSteel
12-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Yup never stop watching my Steelers .... just swear allot more now while watching games.... followed by wife yelling at me to stop swearing :whip:

GodfatherofSoul
12-01-2010, 02:12 PM
No, from what I've been hearing, the 18 game schedule is a done deal. Now it's just about working through the details. Of course this will benefit younger teams with more... adaptable coaches, like the Patriots. They will be much better at plugging people in and executing as the injuries mount. The Steelers will probably be hurt the most. We rely on veteran talent, especially on defense where you can't just plug in rookies and expect them to execute Lebeau's defense. Guys like Aaron, Hines, Casey, Keisel, Farrior, Troy and possibly even Harrison will not make it through an 18 game schedule the way they play.

I think this year is the closing of the window for us before we have to rebuild and adapt to the new NFL.

I was listening to sports news yesterday and the report was that the head of the PA and the NFL met and had their own "agreement," but the PA was flooded with phone calls and letters *against* the idea. Brady and Ray Lewis were two to come out publicly against it. They might have the leadership talking, but they don't have the players.

If the league says there'll be an 18 game season, there WILL be a strike. Unless they eliminate all preseason games or something else just as drastic.

SteelerFanInStl
12-01-2010, 05:43 PM
I know how you feel because I've said the same thing this year. I've been a Steelers fan for 35+ years but I can't stand what's happening to my favorite sport. I've already stopped buying all NFL products. It would be very difficult for me to stop watching the NFL but I could do it. I just hope that it doesn't come to that.

Count Steeler
12-01-2010, 06:55 PM
That's what I'm talking about.

Hey let's start a petition to have Lambert or Lloyd as the next Commish.....football will then be played the way it's suppose to be.

Imagine that. You get flagged for not hitting hard enough. Now that is my kind of league.