PDA

View Full Version : Ben Wearing Boot, Likely to Play Sunday

steelpride12
11-30-2010, 03:05 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c88de5/article/steelers-roethlisberger-wearing-boot-but-expected-to-play?module=HP_headlines

Steelers' Roethlisberger wearing boot but expected to play

Merchant
11-30-2010, 04:32 PM
He'll be fine. He ain't missing this game even if that foot's broken.

Crow-Magnon
11-30-2010, 05:08 PM
That foot didn't seem to hurt him on that scramble for a first down.

steelpride12
11-30-2010, 05:15 PM
That foot didn't seem to hurt him on that scramble for a first down.
He actually hurt it early in the first period, but a leader keeps playing and wins you games through any injury or pain.

Crow-Magnon
11-30-2010, 05:17 PM
He actually hurt it early in the first period, but a leader keeps playing and wins you games through any injury or pain.

I thought the play right before that he took a shot that seemed the reaggravate it.

steelpride12
11-30-2010, 05:19 PM
I thought the play right before that he took a shot that seemed the reaggravate it.
He injured it early like I stated, and right before half went to the locker room early, Looked ok in the 3rd with a small limp, and got worse toward the end.

Count Steeler
11-30-2010, 05:24 PM
He will shake it off and be a force next Sunday night. Probably will shed the walking boot on Friday, I suspect.

steelpride12
11-30-2010, 05:54 PM
Here's my worry though. If Ben plays when he is not 100% and get's banged around a lot and suffers a much worse foot injury like a break because he wanted to play so bad and we lose him for the final part of the season and into the playoffs, how worth it will that be?

Crow-Magnon
11-30-2010, 05:58 PM
Here's my worry though. If Ben plays when he is not 100% and get's banged around a lot and suffers a much worse foot injury like a break because he wanted to play so bad and we lose him for the final part of the season and into the playoffs, how worth it will that be?

But if the Steelers lose, a division title is pretty much out of the picture, and they will be up against a 9-2 Patriots/Jets team for one WC spot and a possible resurgent Chargers team looking for the other. This is a huge game for Pittsburgh. Ain't no way he's sitting this one out.

steelpride12
11-30-2010, 06:00 PM
But if the Steelers lose, a division title is pretty much out of the picture, and they will be up against a 9-2 Patriots/Jets team for one WC spot and a possible resurgent Chargers team looking for the other. This is a huge game for Pittsburgh. Ain't no way he's sitting this one out.
Oh I know he is not sitting out thats for sure, but Im just saying if he breaks a foot in Sundays game is it worth losing him for a playoff game or is it so important to get the #2 seed. I would rather have Ben healthy and be a #6 wild card seed IMO than lose him to injury.

ALLD
11-30-2010, 06:26 PM
I say right now that Tomlin's should not use him to punt.