PDA

View Full Version : NFL rejects Harrison's fine appeals

stillers4me
11-29-2010, 04:28 PM
Monday, November 29, 2010
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201011/dianasteelers112110_23_330.jpg
Peter Diana
Steelers' LB James Harrison asks a referee why he was called for a roughing penalty on Raiders' QB Jason Campbell in a game at Heinz Field earlier this month.

James Harrison, who might face yet another fine after another roughing the passer penalty against him Sunday, learned today that his appeals of two fines totaling $95,000 were rejected by the NFL.

Bill Parise, the agent for the Steelers Pro Bowl linebacker, received an email from the league office this afternoon telling him about the turndown of the appeal..........

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10333/1106996-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

tube517
11-29-2010, 04:33 PM
Isn't it the same guys that set the fine that the appeal goes to? Regardless, I'm not suprised. They've got his bank information on automatic withdrawal til the end of the season anyways.

fansince'76
11-29-2010, 04:35 PM
I'm shocked! :sarcasm:

stillers4me
11-29-2010, 04:37 PM
hmmmmm...the league named him DPOY and now suddenly he has no clue how play the game. alrighty then.......

SMR
11-29-2010, 04:38 PM
hmmmmm...the league named him DPOY and now suddenly he has no clue how play the game. alrighty then.......

Hypocrisy knows no bounds!

Chidi29
11-29-2010, 04:40 PM
Isn't it the same guys that set the fine that the appeal goes to? Regardless, I'm not suprised. They've got his bank information on automatic withdrawal til the end of the season anyways.

Nope. That's in the NHL. Not the NFL.

Former players/coaches Art Shell and Ted Cotrell (linebacker and DC, by the way) make the decisions.

ALLD
11-29-2010, 04:44 PM
Racketeering, pure & simple.

Merchant
11-29-2010, 04:48 PM
For the record.. Johnson and Finnegan just got fined 25K for their fight

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c83d07/article/texans-johnson-titans-finnegan-each-fined-25k-for-fight?module=breaking_news

HometownGal
11-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Gee what a shocker.

NOT. :jerkit: :upyours: NFL.

Good to see that asshole little punk weasel Finnegan got hit in the wallet and unfortunately, AJ got what he deserved as well. Finnegan must have said something to AJ to really piss him off for AJ to react like that, as I've never read or have seen anything that would lead me to believe that he has issues. :noidea:

stlrtruck
11-29-2010, 06:32 PM
So illegal legal hits are worth more than the antics that went on yesterday after the whistle blew?

Yeah way to maintain the integrity of the league. As I heard on PTI this afternoon, there's no way they suspend Johnson for the Thursday night game because the game is on the NFL Network and they know if they suspend AJ that it doesn't help the network get ratings.

steelerdude15
11-29-2010, 06:36 PM
For the record.. Johnson and Finnegan just got fined 25K for their fight
What else is new.

Good to see that asshole little punk weasel Finnegan got hit in the wallet and unfortunately, AJ got what he deserved as well. Finnegan must have said something to AJ to really piss him off for AJ to react like that, as I've never read or have seen anything that would lead me to believe that he has issues.
From they were saying on ESPN radio, Andre is a really mellow person and it takes a lot to piss him off.

zulater
11-29-2010, 06:54 PM
Is there any reason James Harrison couldn't sue the league? Honestly, Al Davis has done it in the past and won, so why can't a player? If Harrison could prove the rules are being enforced in an arbitrary and inconsistent way perhaps he could get his fine money back plus treble in damages?

vasteeler
11-29-2010, 07:03 PM
of course they do.....:coffee:

Psycho Ward 86
11-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Is there any reason James Harrison couldn't sue the league? Honestly, Al Davis has done it in the past and won, so why can't a player? If Harrison could prove the rules are being enforced in an arbitrary and inconsistent way perhaps he could get his fine money back plus treble in damages?

After retirement :)

Steeldude
11-29-2010, 10:50 PM
So illegal legal hits are worth more than the antics that went on yesterday after the whistle blew?

correction. hard, legal hits are given higher fines than physical hits(punches etc...) meant to deliberately hurt a player after a play is dead.

Steeldude
11-29-2010, 10:52 PM

he could make a good case. he can show that the NFL actually encourages hard hitting due to their "hardest NFL hits" DVDs. he can also, as you pointed out, show where some helmet to helmet hits are ignored and others are not.

BPS3akaWirels3
11-30-2010, 02:44 PM
Well add another $25,000 for the hit from Sunday.. Wow..