PDA

View Full Version : Ravens: 'All boils down to this'

stillers4me
11-29-2010, 09:49 AM
November, 28, 2010 Nov 28
10:28
PM ET

By James Walker

BALTIMORE -- Ravens Pro Bowl tailback Ray Rice could barely contain himself.

Following Baltimore's 17-10 victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday, the always-energetic Rice was already looking forward to next Sunday's AFC North showdown against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"It all boils down to this," Rice said. "When you have the Steelers coming in here, it's all set up to be a big game. The records are what they are, we're both 8-3, and it's no excuses."

The Ravens (8-3), who are playing great football, beat the Steelers at Heinz Field last month while Ben Roethlisberger served his four-game suspension. If the Ravens are truly the best team in the division, they must prove it by pulling off a rare season sweep over the Steelers. Since 2000, the Ravens have swept the Steelers only once, in 2006.

For the Steelers (8-3), it's fair to say they weren't at full strength in their first meeting with Baltimore. But if Pittsburgh is really the dominant team in the AFC North, it must do what no opponent has done at M&T Bank Stadium this season: win. The Ravens are 5-0 at home.

May the smartest and most physical team win...................

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/21089/ravens-say-theyre-ready-for-steelers

stillers4me
11-29-2010, 09:50 AM
But will the refs let these two teams play AFC North football or will it be a yellow flag convention? :noidea:

venom
11-29-2010, 10:19 AM
A loss here will " boil " down to a fight for the Wild Card . I dont want to go up against the Ravens and the refs on the same night. Steelers must play smart .

LLT
11-29-2010, 10:27 AM
Being totally serious....The O-line needs to put in a little extra time this week. There is no reason for them to be having the communication breakdowns...false starts and holding penalties that they are experiencing.

stlrtruck
11-29-2010, 10:37 AM
Here's a few words to put it into perspective of what it boils down to:

1) Honest and fair officiating across the board. Call BS calls, call them against both teams.
2) Execution, everyone has to know what the other person is doing - period
3) Smart football, play between the whistles and that's it.
4) Hit hard, this isn't about illegal hits but this is about letting every ratbird player that touches the ball know they are going to receive a slobber snocker hit every time.
5) Destroy Flacco, do not let him set up in the pocket
6) Cover the 3 step drop
7) Don't give up the big plays like the bucs did

Here's a few points of contention.

We destroyed the bucs and the bills took both teams to OT
Records aside, this game is typicallly a knock down, drag 'em out game
Whoever hits the hardest and the most often will most likely win this game

steelpride12
11-29-2010, 11:12 AM
Being totally serious....The O-line needs to put in a little extra time this week. There is no reason for them to be having the communication breakdowns...false starts and holding penalties that they are experiencing.
Amen. If you think the bills pass rush was aggressive wait until the Rats, if you think the Bills fans were loud wait till the Rats. This OL needs to work their asses off all week long, figure out the communication problems, and stop the dumb penalties because they will hurt us a lot worse than the Bills, smart football will take this team a long way.

JayC
11-29-2010, 11:44 AM
ed hochuli should be ref this, not some pussy refs

Devilsdancefloor
11-29-2010, 11:53 AM
It boils down to 2 things:

1- Oline has to get it together and fast try essex at LT and make sure Kemo has his head on right
2- whether or not we are aggressive on D if we sit back and rush 3 i think it will be a real long night for all of us

Burghfan58
11-29-2010, 11:55 AM
ed hochuli should be ref this, not some pussy refs

Please no! The last two weeks were bad enough. Hoculi and his crew are flag happy.

steelpride12
11-29-2010, 11:57 AM
If we don't blitz and bring pressure on Flacco all night long he will pick us apart in shotgun all night. The D just cannot rush 3 and expect the secondary to hold it's part. The Rats have impressive WR's who will make plays and not to mention a now healthy Heap who is so dangerous over the middle. Pressure!

Count Steeler
11-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Open the stadium to players and fans only. Bar the refs and let the two teams decide it on the field. Last team standing wins.

I wonder if Goodell will be in attendance. It will save him the time to having review the plays to administer his fines. Harrison should just have his check book in his jersey and a pen in his pocket. Maybe he can get a discount for prompt payment.

fansince'76
11-29-2010, 04:18 PM
Man, I can't wait until Sunday night - I just hope the refs swallow their whistles and keep the flags in their pockets for everything but truly blatant stuff.