PDA

View Full Version : Ravens Insider: Ravens are banged up

stillers4me
11-29-2010, 08:12 AM
November 29, 2010

Before the Tampa Bay game Sunday, I would have taken the Ravens over the Steelers because Pittsburgh’s offensive line was banged up, but now the Ravens are in a similar conditions.

The Ravens suffered three key injuries Sunday that are equalizers. Starting safety Dawan Landry (concussion) and left offensive tackle Michael Oher (sprained knee) left the game in the third quarter and fullback Le’Ron McClain left in the second with a sprained ankle...........
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/11/ravens_are_banged_up.html

steelerdude15
11-29-2010, 12:49 PM
Yeah, but so are we.

fansince'76
11-29-2010, 12:52 PM
I really hope the refs let them play and this doesn't turn into the Steelers/Raiders game where there was a flag on almost every damn play.

steelpride12
11-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Doesn't matter much when we have equal to more injuries than they do.

Merchant
11-29-2010, 12:59 PM
Pretty much every team is banged up this deep into the season.

steeldevil
11-29-2010, 01:00 PM
Yea... I won't be having any sympathy for other team's injuries this year...

stlrtruck
11-29-2010, 02:53 PM
I really hope the refs let them play and this doesn't turn into the Steelers/Raiders game where there was a flag on almost every damn play.

I'd really love to see an old school slug fest and let the players play the game and make an impact rather than the officials impact it like they have the last two weeks.

If we lose, because the ratbirds beat us then so be it. If we beat them then so be it. But don't let this game come down to poor officiating. I don't want to sit back on Monday morning talking about the officials this or the officials that, just call the obvious and let the two teams play - forget the ticky tack fouls.

HollywoodSteel
11-29-2010, 03:00 PM
We lost our fullback... whaaaaaa!!!!! :Cry: We never even had a fullback to begin with, so cry me a river.

GodfatherofSoul
11-29-2010, 03:50 PM
I went to the Ravens game in Pittsburgh and afterward had to sit in Bucco's next to a table of shit-talking Browns and Ravens fans. I want the win just to know the post-rape rationalizing those assholes will be doing.

SteelerEmpire
11-29-2010, 03:55 PM
They should be ok by game time...

Count Steeler
11-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Are you allowed to play with crutches?

Any word on the progress of Smith? Was it a mistake not to put him on the IR and use the roster spot for someone else?

Burghfan58
11-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Two 8-3 teams fighting for the division lead with only 5 games left. Only a bone sticking out would keep these guys off the field.

SMR
11-29-2010, 04:27 PM
What a match it's gonna be. Dang!

Psycho Ward 86
11-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Well, we are missing our two starting tackles and arguably our best defensive player. And that's just for starters. Those are some pretty significant injuries though.

CPanther95
11-29-2010, 08:38 PM
This will most likely be determining who gets a first round bye.

Kaeg
11-29-2010, 08:49 PM
I hate to say it, but if we play like we seem to enjoy doing in the second half, (Not to mention if 95% of all penalties are against us.) we will lose this one. I know we got a W this week, and I'll take it, but if there's a win I can feel bad about, it was that one. We absolutely can not be that same team next week or we will lose easily. Hopefully we will be healthier and maybe that can help out a lot.

O'Malley
11-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Pretty much every team is banged up this deep into the season.

Yeah it's a perfect time to add two more games to the season.

O'Malley
11-30-2010, 12:39 PM
I hate to say it, but if we play like we seem to enjoy doing in the second half, (Not to mention if 95% of all penalties are against us.) we will lose this one. I know we got a W this week, and I'll take it, but if there's a win I can feel bad about, it was that one. We absolutely can not be that same team next week or we will lose easily. Hopefully we will be healthier and maybe that can help out a lot.

The Ravens aren't playing very good ball right now either. At least we have Ben at the helm and not Batch this time. Should be another instant classic if they let em play.

stlrtruck
11-30-2010, 12:59 PM
The Ravens aren't playing very good ball right now either. At least we have Ben at the helm and not Batch this time. Should be another instant classic if they let em play.

Have you ever realized how big that word is when used in certain situations?