PDA

View Full Version : WE WON vs the Bills....

7SteelGal43
11-28-2010, 04:01 PM
....so why do I smell so much "fail" in the air ? Really ?! The Bills took us to overtime ? I hope this isn't another late season meltdown.

OK, so that's outta my system. Truth is, I've been thinking a lot lately about stats and what not. People are obsessed with rankings. They rank ypg, ppg, least ypg allowed. They break it down by the run and the pass. Total points for and against ytd. Which team gets the most and gives up the least. You can easily find out with a click of the mouse all you wanna know about stats and which teams rank. Yeah, I love hearing when the Steeler D ranks #1 in the NFL, but for me, one thing matters. Results. At the end of the day, if the Steelers get the W, stats and rankings be damned.

http://briannarobinson.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/funny-pictures-cat-likes-the-kick.jpg

BlastFurnace
11-28-2010, 04:03 PM
I don't care about rankings, but what it would be nice to see is this team beat a team with a 2-8 record convincingly. 3 out of the past 4 years, they have lost to too many teams with terrible records and should have lost today.

It's a bad pattern that this team has.

fansince'76
11-28-2010, 04:04 PM
OK, so that's outta my system. Truth is, I've been thinking a lot lately about stats and what not. People are obsessed with rankings. They rank ypg, ppg, least ypg allowed. They break it down by the run and the pass. Total points for and against ytd. Which team gets the most and gives up the least. You can easily find out with a click of the mouse all you wanna know about stats and which teams rank. Yeah, I love hearing when the Steeler D ranks #1 in the NFL, but for me, one thing matters. Results. At the end of the day, if the Steelers get the W, stats and rankings be damned.

I agree. Due to the fantasy football mentality, stats are all a lot of people give a shit about.

stillers4me
11-28-2010, 04:05 PM
We pulled it out, folks. And the Bills really aren't as bad as their record shows. The Bungs failed, we did not.

steelpride12
11-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Yupp like I said and argued after the win against the Bungles, It's not the BCS and doesn't matter how we win as long as we do. We all knew coming in that the Bills could easily be a 5+ win team and were much better than there record. They proved it today gave us a scare, but the Steelers pulled though.

SteelerFanInStl
11-28-2010, 04:13 PM
We played like shit but we won and that's all that matters. On to next week against the Ravens.

tube517
11-28-2010, 04:17 PM
As long as we get to the dance, that is what matters most. I've said it before, as much as we want every game to be like last week, it won't happen. The OL is in shambles. Ben was hurt w/a sprained foot so he was susceptible to being sacked. It's not rocket science that they struggled. The defense is thin at the DL and now BMac is hurt. Next week will be an uphill climb but a win is not out of the question.

Also, this was a 1:00 game and Tomlin usually does well in 1:00 games.

BigNastyDefense
11-28-2010, 04:21 PM
There is only one ranking I care about, and that's the ranking in the W-L column.

X-Terminator
11-28-2010, 04:21 PM
I don't care about rankings, but what it would be nice to see is this team beat a team with a 2-8 record convincingly. 3 out of the past 4 years, they have lost to too many teams with terrible records and should have lost today.

It's a bad pattern that this team has.

The Bills aren't a horrible team. They have given some good teams all they can handle, and have lost a lot of close games. People have been saying all week long not to be fooled by their record, so why are you surprised they gave the Steelers a game?

memphissteelergirl
11-28-2010, 04:23 PM
We pulled it out, folks. And the Bills really aren't as bad as their record shows. The Bungs failed, we did not.

:amen:

steeldawg
11-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Well the bills have taken every team they played down to the wire. Im normally dont like to talk about the refs, but wow we got jobbed in that game.

Animal Mother
11-28-2010, 04:27 PM
Bills took Ravens to OT too where they had to kick a field goal to win. So I'd say we are doing fine.

Texasteel
11-28-2010, 04:29 PM

Your right Sue. If this would have happened last year, we would have lost this game. Good teams win the close ones.

tube517
11-28-2010, 04:31 PM
Steve Johnson = Limas Sweed

SteelerEmpire
11-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Thank goodness that FORTUNE was just on our side today...! Keep practicing in full pads on Wednesday !

BlastFurnace
11-28-2010, 04:34 PM
The Bills aren't a horrible team. They have given some good teams all they can handle, and have lost a lot of close games. People have been saying all week long not to be fooled by their record, so why are you surprised they gave the Steelers a game?

It's the way it became a good game. The Steelers drive down the field, and the drive stalls. They get a good lead, the offense dies against a terrible defense.

In 2007, they lost against a terrible Jets team.

Last year, we know what happened against the bad teams.

This is supposed to be a solid team. I don't see it.

X-Terminator
11-28-2010, 04:42 PM
It's the way it became a good game. The Steelers drive down the field, and the drive stalls. They get a good lead, the offense dies against a terrible defense.

In 2007, they lost against a terrible Jets team.

Last year, we know what happened against the bad teams.

This is supposed to be a solid team. I don't see it.

The Steelers are no different than any other so-called "top" team. They are a good team with flaws. Even the Patriots have flaws that can and have been exposed - look at how the Browns carved them up. There are no dominant teams in the league and any team can beat any other team. So the best thing to do is recognize that and enjoy the wins as they come.

Doc
11-28-2010, 04:49 PM
A win is a win is a win.

19-0, beating everyone by 30, is not happening. Bring on the Ravens....

memphissteelergirl
11-28-2010, 04:49 PM
The Steelers are no different than any other so-called "top" team. They are a good team with flaws. Even the Patriots have flaws that can and have been exposed - look at how the Browns carved them up. There are no dominant teams in the league and any team can beat any other team. So the best thing to do is recognize that and enjoy the wins as they come.

Truth.

Psycho Ward 86
11-28-2010, 04:51 PM
We are one of the worst situational football teams in the NFL

steeldevil
11-28-2010, 04:53 PM
thats right we did.... and we are 8-3.. And thats all that matters

7SteelGal43
11-28-2010, 04:58 PM
... but what it would be nice to see is this team beat a team with a 2-8 record convincingly.

Now THAT I fully agree with !

tube517
11-28-2010, 04:59 PM
No ,it's not.. we must be the #1 team in defensive stats. And our O has to score a TD on every possession.
And we have to be #1 in style points.

thats right we did.... and we are 8-3.. And thats all that matters

Edman
11-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Those very same Bills carved up the Ravens in Baltimore and lost a lot of close games this year. The Bills are better than their record shows.

fansince'76
11-28-2010, 05:01 PM
No ,it's not.. we must be the #1 team in defensive stats. And our O has to score a TD on every possession.
And we have to be #1 in style points.

:chuckle:

Kittyfish
11-28-2010, 05:40 PM
I don't know...now that my blood pressure is coming back down to near-normal rates, I'm thinking it might be a good thing that the Steelers came so close to losing and had to work so hard for a win against a 2-8 team (who seem to be much better team than their W/L column indicates). If they had won handily, especially after the blow-out last week, they might be thinking a bit too well about themselves and start thinking that all they had to do was show up to win the game, Ravens or no Ravens next week (who have had some close calls themselves). Now they are reminded they are not playing as well as they would like and will work a bit harder and take next week's game even more seriously than they might have otherwise. Better to make the mistakes and work out some kinks today rather than next week, against a better team, and a division rival.

Or I could be talking out of my arse - wouldn't be the first time.

ALLD
11-28-2010, 06:00 PM
So many missed opportunities from not recovering fumbles, not to mention Mendy fumbling two weeks in a row. Polamalu pulled a couple out of the hat to resusitate us after we went to sleep at halftime. What about that one-legged scramble by BB! I figure if we had still had Reed we would have lost the game. ARE needs to block the defender coming to down the ball if he is not going to catch it so we don't get pinned at the goal line. The OL is again the worst unit on the team. The CBs were average because we could not pressure. How about man-to-man coverage for a change?

stlrtruck
11-28-2010, 06:28 PM
It's hard to play the style of football the Steelers play when the officials pretty much have their flags out of their hands before the players even hit the QBs (yeah watch the play that Harrison hits fitz, and see how quick the official has the flag thrown). But then their players are allowed to have a free for all when ben is on the ground.

When ticky tack holding calls are called against the Steelers but blatant holding calls against the other team is not. I don't mind random acts of missed calls, but when the calls are blatant and officials turn the other cheek more frequent than they call the calls...it's a conspiracy and the coup is out of the bag. Der Kommish doesn't want the Steelers winning, but the difference is that our beloved Steelers damn Der Kommish, damn the refs, they still WIN!

BPS3akaWirels3
11-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Two games and a lot of penalties.. Get this cleaned up before next week Tomlin..

stlrtruck
11-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Two games and a lot of penalties.. Get this cleaned up before next week Tomlin..

What is there to clean up when the offiicials are calling ticky tack penalties against our o-line, but allow their o-line to rip the jersey off our players? That can't be coached.

7SteelGal43
11-28-2010, 08:01 PM
I don't know...now that my blood pressure is coming back down to near-normal rates, I'm thinking it might be a good thing that the Steelers came so close to losing and had to work so hard for a win against a 2-8 team (who seem to be much better team than their W/L column indicates). If they had won handily, especially after the blow-out last week, they might be thinking a bit too well about themselves and start thinking that all they had to do was show up to win the game, Ravens or no Ravens next week (who have had some close calls themselves). Now they are reminded they are not playing as well as they would like and will work a bit harder and take next week's game even more seriously than they might have otherwise. Better to make the mistakes and work out some kinks today rather than next week, against a better team, and a division rival.

Or I could be talking out of my arse - wouldn't be the first time.

No Kittyfish, I agree. Maybe this will make 'em work harder.

venom
11-28-2010, 08:22 PM
This is the kind of game we would have lost last year . Nice to be on the other side. Biggest game of the year next Sunday !

steelpride12
11-28-2010, 08:25 PM
You forgot we Steelers fans bitch no matter what unless the team plays perfect.

Psycho Ward 86
11-28-2010, 08:27 PM
You forgot we Steelers fans bitch no matter what unless the team plays perfect.

Um, no. Some of us bitch because reoccurring problems come back to bite us in the ass. It's called constructive bitching to be fair lol.

steelpride12
11-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Um, no. Some of us bitch because reoccurring problems come back to bite us in the ass. It's called constructive bitching to be fair lol.
No believe me us Steeler fans have been spoiled with 6 SB Rings and anything less than perfect is a reoccurring problem.

The Duke
11-28-2010, 09:34 PM

lol, I like that term

Psycho Ward 86
11-28-2010, 09:49 PM
No believe me us Steeler fans have been spoiled with 6 SB Rings and anything less than perfect is a reoccurring problem.

Ah yes, very true. But being spoiled is a trait of being a fan of a perennial championship team. Champions have a thirst for victory that can NEVER be quenched. Yeah haha we get annoying (myself included) but hey, it's better than being satisfied all the time! I mean I seriously think we are one of the most underachieving teams of the '09 and the current season thus far. I think what we've accomplished so far doesnt thoroughly echo what we're made of.