PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Who?

HometownGal
11-28-2010, 03:59 PM
As you all know, I love Skippy - always have, always will, but damn - Sushi came up HUGE for us today putting 13 of those 19 points on the board. I was VERY skeptical of him due to his past history with other teams and being given the heave ho, but he seems to have found his niche with the Steelers and I'm damned happy to have him here!

THANK YOU SUSHI!!! :applaudit: :thumbsup: :drink:

salamander
11-28-2010, 04:00 PM
Sometimes all it takes is be on a good team!

fansince'76
11-28-2010, 04:01 PM
Just hope he doesn't suck it up in Heinz. He had a very good day today, though.

stillers4me
11-28-2010, 04:03 PM
He was awesome today!!! Let's hope he can repeat the performance!! :drink:

Mamaduck43
11-28-2010, 04:06 PM
I can just imagine the pressure he was dealing with, and he did a magnificent job.... WTG!!!!!

BlastFurnace
11-28-2010, 04:06 PM
Good to see. Unfortunately, the contract situation seems to have gotten in Jeff's head.

Don't be surprised to see him sign with the Jets.

steelpride12
11-28-2010, 04:07 PM
He showed up today and those 4 40+ yard FG's were impressive and Sushi looks damn good so far with the Stillers!

Devilsdancefloor
i want to see him kick at heinz, but i am very happy with today i will not hold my breath as long when he attempts a FG

SteelerFanInStl
Great job with the FGs by Sushi today.

hotrodder07
11-28-2010, 04:09 PM
I was really impressed. I have to be honest, I was unhappy with us releasing Jeff, but Suisham came up huge for us tonight, so I'm loving the move by the Steelers FO right now.

Texasteel
11-28-2010, 04:10 PM
He had a very good game today, and I'm glad we had him.

Polamalu Princess
11-28-2010, 04:14 PM
He has been shuffled around so much that I was worried about him as well, but he sure pulled through for us today in a big way. Welcome to the team Shaun.

HometownGal
11-28-2010, 04:15 PM
Can't deny it - he's not hard on the eyes either. :eyebrows: :heh:

I do want to see him kick at Heinz, but today, this young man impressed the shit out of me. :thumbsup:

tube517
11-28-2010, 04:25 PM
Sushi is the 3rd most popular Canadian in Pittsburgh right now(behind Super Mario and Sidney C)

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/1996-Steelers-Tweets-Facebook-Real-Time-Updates?p=98522&viewfull=1#post98522

stillers4me
11-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Sushi is the 3rd most popular Canadian in Pittsburgh right now(behind Super Mario and Sidney C)

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/1996-Steelers-Tweets-Facebook-Real-Time-Updates?p=98522&viewfull=1#post98522

I'd say for today...he's #1!!!

SteelerEmpire
11-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Game ball def. goes to "Swiss Ham"....!

beSteelmyheart
11-28-2010, 04:45 PM
He had a very good game today, and I'm glad we had him.

Agreed, but it's just so strange not to see Reed anymore after all this time.

Carolina Steelers
11-28-2010, 04:46 PM
I agree great job today, im sure he had to be nervous on his first attempt. But I also want to see him at Heinz field. but 4-4 today ill take it

SteelerEmpire
11-28-2010, 04:46 PM
I said when we first got the new kicker that I hope this does not turn out to be a disaster... so far, + 1 for the kicker and Coach T .

Carolina Steelers
11-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Agreed, but it's just so strange not to see Reed anymore after all this time.

My son asked me who is #6. I felt a little funny not seeing Reed also out there making those kicks, but it is as business they say.

Wallace108
11-28-2010, 05:05 PM
It's one game. Let's not put him in the Hall of Fame just yet.
He was awesome today, but I want to see him do it consistently, and at Heinz.

steeldevil
11-28-2010, 05:13 PM
Good effort by him today. Hope he can keep it up, because we will likely need him to make all of his FG the next 3 weeks...

pepsyman1
11-28-2010, 05:20 PM
His FG kicks all looked solid. As windy as it was, there was very little draw or fade on any of them, just nice straight kicks and they all looked like they had plenty of leg. The kickoffs were a little disturbing...some of them looked even shorter than some of Reed's (one only went to the 20!...maybe on purpose?) His kickoffs looked better last week at home. Hopefully, the solid FG's will continue. I wouldn't mind us continuing the Sepulveda experiment with kickoffs as well. (He's been very up and down too, but Damn! if that wasn't a HUGE kick out of the endzone today!)

ALLD
11-28-2010, 06:05 PM
STs team was instantly upgraded when they picked up Sushi. The worst you could say was they let some opportunities slip away by not picking up fumbles. I bet there will be fumble drill in pads this week.

Galax Steeler
11-28-2010, 06:10 PM
His FG kicks all looked solid. As windy as it was, there was very little draw or fade on any of them, just nice straight kicks and they all looked like they had plenty of leg. The kickoffs were a little disturbing...some of them looked even shorter than some of Reed's (one only went to the 20!...maybe on purpose?) His kickoffs looked better last week at home. Hopefully, the solid FG's will continue. I wouldn't mind us continuing the Sepulveda experiment with kickoffs as well. (He's been very up and down too, but Damn! if that wasn't a HUGE kick out of the endzone today!)

Alot of it had to do with the wind he was kicking into the wind on some of those kicks.

BPS3akaWirels3
11-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Wow.. Just got home from Western PA... There is NO way Jeff would have won this game like Sushi did for us today... Un-freaking believable...

steelerdude15
11-28-2010, 06:17 PM
He played great and came up big for us when we needed him. Thank you good sir, thank you for everything you've done.

Kittyfish
11-28-2010, 06:41 PM
I'm so glad What's-His-Face (Suissham? Note to self: must learn to spell new kicker's name) had a good game today! Any debut on a new team is hard, and replacing a long-term, well-liked kicker doesn't make things any easier. At least he has one good game under his belt, and the fans' goodwill (for the time being, anyway) to start him off well with his new team.

For the record, I always liked Reed, but unfortunately he had the yips and it was time for him to go. I doubt he would have performed as well today. I wish him well in the future, particularly if a NFC team picks him up.

The Duke
11-28-2010, 08:11 PM
I felt uneasy before each of his kicks, but guy's earned my trust

Now I WANT to see what he can do at heinz field. But at least I have no worries about him screwing at baltimore

venom
11-28-2010, 08:14 PM
http://www.cwfurnishings.co.uk/ekmps/shops/compleatwindow/resources/Image/SWISH%20LOGO%20CMYK%20COPY.JPG

Shoes
11-28-2010, 08:16 PM
I just heard on the news that there were a large number of paper towel dispensers missing from seven convenience stores. :chuckle:

Merchant
11-28-2010, 09:51 PM
Great move by Tomlin.. with the season Reed was having, it's likely that he would've missed at least one of those kicks, in a game won by a field goal. Sushi (I guess that's what we're calling him?) came up big! :D

tube517
11-28-2010, 10:27 PM
Spaeth was out of the game. Maybe he called up Skippy and went out drinking and took a leak together for old times.

I just heard on the news that there were a large number of paper towel dispensers missing from seven convenience stores. :chuckle:

CanadianSteel
11-28-2010, 10:34 PM
In my opinion no way Jeff Reed makes all those 4 FG's from, 40 plus today.
Great game by the kicker today, and that move releasing "Skipster Reed" looks even better now.

Of course he could miss one to cost us a game and we will be all over him.... but great job for now !

NCSteeler
11-28-2010, 11:39 PM
His FGs were nice, plenty of leg. His KOs are horrendous the returner shouldn't be fielding the ball at the 20. Our STs were reminiscent of 2009 today. I'll hold my applause until he kicks a few in bad weather at Heinz Field

BlastFurnace
11-28-2010, 11:43 PM
Spaeth was out of the game. Maybe he called up Skippy and went out drinking and took a leak together for old times.

Truthfully...did we miss Spaeth at all?

solardave
11-29-2010, 01:33 AM
i want to see him kick at heinz, but i am very happy with today i will not hold my breath as long when he attempts a FG

I probably will for at least a couple more games. Especially in Baltimore when field goals will be a premium.

zulater
11-29-2010, 04:24 AM
As you all know, I love Skippy - always have, always will, but damn - Sushi came up HUGE for us today putting 13 of those 19 points on the board. I was VERY skeptical of him due to his past history with other teams and being given the heave ho, but he seems to have found his niche with the Steelers and I'm damned happy to have him here!

THANK YOU SUSHI!!! :applaudit: :thumbsup: :drink:

Ditto!

I don't think we win this game if Reed was the kicker. You know I was a big fan of Jeff's too, but he became unreliable. The team made the right call in cutting him and it just might have kept their season afloat.

Texasteel
11-29-2010, 08:19 AM
Ditto!

I don't think we win this game if Reed was the kicker. You know I was a big fan of Jeff's too, but he became unreliable. The team made the right call in cutting him and it just might have kept their season afloat.

I don't know if Jeff would have made those FGs or not. I hope Jeff gos on to another team and does well. It just seem like something was wrong between him and the Steelers. This may have been the best thing for both parties. Anyway, this morning I am very happy with the kicker we have.

stillers4me
11-29-2010, 08:24 AM
Today we are happy. But just ask the Skipster how fast a kicker can go from hero....to zero.

SteelTheOne
11-29-2010, 09:05 AM
Kick the damn ball into the endzone on kickoffs! Damn..

stlrtruck
11-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Kick the damn ball into the endzone on kickoffs! Damn..

Damn, you want a kicker to kick between the uprights and kickoff to the endzone. Greedy bastages!!:sarcasm:

SteelMember
11-29-2010, 10:43 AM

He does look like he has a much more straight on approach. I don't know if that's better other that the fact they went in... which makes anything better.

With the Bills return game, I think they "popped" a couple of those kickoffs on purpose. You saw what happened when McKelvin got a full head of steam.

Ditto!

2 out of 4 of those were "pressure" kicks, imo... and he delivered. Something we were used to seeing in Reed, but unfortunately he had too many other things on his mind. Reed definately had his moments, but his baggage just became too unwieldy.

steel striker
11-29-2010, 02:43 PM
Hey I was holding my breathe for the first couple of kicks and, new I have more faith in Suishi. Like most I want to see how well he does @ home. Plus I'm sure @ the rats we will need him beacuse, it is usally a tight game every point counts.

zulater
11-29-2010, 06:05 PM
I don't know if Jeff would have made those FGs or not. I hope Jeff gos on to another team and does well. It just seem like something was wrong between him and the Steelers. This may have been the best thing for both parties. Anyway, this morning I am very happy with the kicker we have.

Really, you don't?

Well this much I do know. For the season to date Jeff was 0-4 on field goals between 40-49 yards, all of those fg's Sushi made yesterday were between 40-49 yards. Doing some very basic math I find it highly unlikely that Jeff would have turned his season around to the point neccessary in order for the Steelers to achieve the desired result. Call it a hunch if you like.

salamander
11-29-2010, 06:08 PM
I have a feeling that Sushi's name is gonna be called on more than a few times in the game against the Ratbirds.