PDA

View Full Version : Urbik starting at guard for the Bills....

Akagi
11-27-2010, 08:43 AM
Due to injuries. Wow. Good for him.

But good for us, too. I saw him twice in camp, in '09 and '10, and he looked lost both times. He legitimately couldn't beat any of the guys we complain about. I can't imagine that he got better that quickly. Time to tee off the pass rush!

Psycho Ward 86
11-27-2010, 12:39 PM
For Eric Woods. Speaking of Eric Woods, anyone remember that gruesome leg injury on him last year. UGH!

Chidi29
11-27-2010, 02:01 PM
For Eric Woods. Speaking of Eric Woods, anyone remember that gruesome leg injury on him last year. UGH!

I do. Nasty stuff. Glad he recovered from it, especially so quickly.

polamalubeast
11-27-2010, 02:05 PM
I feel very bad for Mendenhall and Roethlisberger

SMR
11-27-2010, 02:16 PM
I feel very bad for Mendenhall and Roethlisberger

lol

steelerdude15
11-27-2010, 02:24 PM
O well, no big deal. Let's go Steelers!

Craic
11-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Hopefully, this is a case where we get to take advantage of our knowledge, instead of him becoming another Mike Vrabel.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-27-2010, 05:09 PM
Honestly, I was hoping that Urbik made the team this year, but couldnt beat out Foster and wasnt able to be the backup center that Legursky is. I think Urbik was a better guard than Legursky is and could have been an asset to the Steelers in the future, but its a now league and his now is with the Bills.

steelreserve
11-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Good news for us. Urbik was a turd on wheels. Our pass rushers ought to have a mismatch there.

Akagi
11-27-2010, 06:32 PM
Honestly, I was hoping that Urbik made the team this year, but couldnt beat out Foster and wasnt able to be the backup center that Legursky is. I think Urbik was a better guard than Legursky is and could have been an asset to the Steelers in the future, but its a now league and his now is with the Bills.

When I saw him, he spent a lot of time getting yelled at and then looking like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/Mosca/training%20camp%202009/_MG_6324.jpg

The Duke
11-27-2010, 09:06 PM
I had high hopes for the guy, heck he was our highest drafted lineman in about four years, but he didn't develop fast enough and the number game got him

still, it's gonna be a huge mismatch for him

7willBheaven
11-27-2010, 09:09 PM

I agree with this. I think he has some potential...but could take some time to develop...i mean look at guys like Kemo/etc took a number of years to become starters. I think in addition to the numbers game/etc...is that the new OL coach and him maybe not fitting what he wanted/etc may have been part of him being canned too. Anyways I do wish him luck...just not against us.

Raleigh Steel
11-28-2010, 06:08 AM
i had high hopes for urbik, but when they cut him this season, i said, "if he can't make a roster spot with our O-line, he must really suck!"

anyways, he's not a steeler now, so i hope we use and abuse him today!!!!!