PDA

View Full Version : Bills' receiver Johnson poses threat

Galax Steeler
11-27-2010, 06:12 AM
Chan Gailey is a realist.

When asked Tuesday whether his team could run against the Steelers, the Buffalo Bills head coach said, "Nobody else has."

Gailey, however, has other weapons with which to attack the Steelers: quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick and his emerging star receiver, Steve Johnson, who helped the Bills come back to beat the Cincinnati Bengals last weekend. Johnson may pose the biggest threat to the Steelers' defense when the teams meet Sunday at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10331/1106507-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz16U4xg7Y1

HometownGal
11-27-2010, 06:21 AM
I expressed the same concern over StJ in Raleigh's thread. I"m not all that worried about Evans but Johnson has become quite the offensive weapon for the Jills and the Steelers need to watch him like a hawk. Yes - he's going to catch passes but the Steelers D has to find a way to take away his post-catch yardage. I think by employing an intense pass rush from the get-go, as the D welcomed the Raiders with, they can throw Fitzpatrick off his game and force him into throwing the ball away or hopefully, into mistakes, and take away or limit the threat of Johnson.

Count Steeler
11-27-2010, 08:05 AM
Sounds like a game plan to me HTG. Hopefully Lebeau prefers what we did against the Raiders, over what we did not do against the Patsies.

stlrtruck
11-27-2010, 08:43 AM
I think this is the game where Troy needs to be very aware of Fitzpatrick and where he's looking. Taylor also needs to bring his A+ game in order shut Johnson down. I don't think Johnson will be shut out, but we definitely need to keep him under wraps, stay away from P.I. situations.

And in order to keep Johnson's threat minimized, our offense needs to put together multiple lengthy time consuming drives that end with TDs not FGs

Hindes204
11-27-2010, 09:02 AM
Like HTG, I believe the pass rush is key. We need to interiupt the timing. If fitz gets time in the pocket he will shred our secondary much like Brady did. I know fitz isn't in he same league as Brady yet, but our secondary has given up huge pass plays this year. If we rush the qb, relentlessly, I think we will be ok

Merchant
11-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Never even heard of Steve Johnson until 3 weeks ago.

salamander
11-27-2010, 09:22 PM
Why so serious? :chuckle:

MULLDOG24
11-28-2010, 08:12 AM
I remember when S. Johnson played for my UK wildcats he was a good college talent I thought back then and had hopes of him becoming a good NFL player.

The Duke
11-28-2010, 10:12 AM
Just don't put McFadden over him. Instant burn

Ike can handle him

But the guy has been a beast this year