PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Pouncey putting it all on line

Galax Steeler
11-27-2010, 06:05 AM
Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey heard the horror stories about NFL rookies wearing down physically late in their first season. Entering Sunday's game at Buffalo — his 11th as a starter — Pouncey said he's never felt better.

"My body feels good,'' Pouncey said. "I hope I don't hit that rookie wall.''

Chances are, Pouncey probably won't. If anything, he appears to be getting stronger with each game.

Pouncey credits an intense conditioning program with Florida-based coach Tom Shaw, who trained Pouncey prior to his first NFL season.

Read more:http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_711182.html

HometownGal
11-27-2010, 06:30 AM
I don't think a one of us can dispute the fact that all of Pouncey's hard work in the offseason, as well as his conditioning regimen during the season, has more than paid off not only for him, but for the team as a whole. It's great to see a young rook taking his conditioning, fitness and contribution to the team so seriously. He gets my vote for the NFL Rookie of the Year hands down. :thumbsup:

Count Steeler
11-27-2010, 08:02 AM
This kid looks so impressive in every aspect. Scary to see how good he gets when he "develops".

ALLD
11-27-2010, 08:19 AM
Just think if JaMarcus put in one-third the effort that Pouncey did. He would not be considered the biggest NFL bust in history today. I wonder how he is going to explain that to his kids when they watch the NFL network in 10 years, especially if he is broke. Even Mike Vick is making the most of his second chance.

stlrtruck
11-27-2010, 08:44 AM
This kid, no, this man continues to impress me with the way he approaches his game both on the field and off the field.

Hindes204
11-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Just another in a long line of great steeler centers....I've been saying it since the second game he started, this kid is something special

SMR
11-27-2010, 09:28 AM
This kid, no, this man continues to impress me with the way he approaches his game both on the field and off the field.

That's right. Not only is he a man, he's a real man. Go get 'em Pouncey.

solardave
11-27-2010, 09:52 AM
He is everthing we could ask for in a center. I'm looking forward to watching him reach his full potential and I'm hoping we can get his brother in the next draft. Twin beasts starting on our O-line. Wouldn't that be sweet?

steelreserve
11-27-2010, 12:54 PM
Just think if JaMarcus put in one-third the effort that Pouncey did. He would not be considered the biggest NFL bust in history today. I wonder how he is going to explain that to his kids when they watch the NFL network in 10 years, especially if he is broke. Even Mike Vick is making the most of his second chance.

Don't worry; he won't have to explain it to his kids. He'll be doing a 5-year prison sentence for possession with intent to sell (and, of course, violating probation). Bank on it.

st33lersguy
11-27-2010, 01:14 PM
It is very impressive that he is a rookie and is performing well as a center

Psycho Ward 86
11-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Just stay healthy kid! We need you!

BnG_Hevn
11-27-2010, 02:54 PM

LOL, what makes you think he really cares? Afterall, if he cared it wouldn't have happened in the first place.

Also, if any of his kids were to say "Dad, what did you accomplish in the NFL?". His response would be "Son, you see this house, our cars, your private school, all your toys etc? Enough said".

Personally, I'd love to be able to "fool" and NFL team into drafting me and paying me XX millions of $$ even "knowing" I'd be a bust. Once you make that money, who cares what people think, honestly.

You can either work a 9 - 5 job *or* be an NFL bust and be a millionaire. Which would you choose?

BnG_Hevn
11-27-2010, 02:55 PM
That's assuming of course I didn't have the ability to succeed. IF I had the ability, I'd have a bit more pride that Russell or Leaf.

Edman
11-27-2010, 04:35 PM
That's assuming JaMarcus is going to be AROUND his kids years down the road. He has the looks of a deadbeat.