PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward questions NFL's response to Seymour's punch

Psycho Ward 86
11-25-2010, 05:22 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c66298/article/ward-would-seymour-punishment-be-same-if-he-hit-another-qb

Ward: Would Seymour punishment be same if he hit another QB?

Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin refused to criticize the NFL on Tuesday, one day after it fined but didn't suspend Oakland Raiders defensive end Richard Seymour for his after-the-play swing at quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. Then Tomlin urged his team to move forward.

Tomlin's star receiver, Hines Ward, either didn't listen or didn't hear. During his weekly show Tuesday night on WDVE-AM, Ward questioned why Seymour wasn't suspended, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

The NFL fined Seymour $25,000 on Monday, but Ward wondered whether or not the league would have handed down a harsher penalty if a quarterback with more star power, like New England's Tom Brady or Indianapolis' Peyton Manning, was the target.

"That's my beliefs, and I wanted to put my beliefs on my radio show," Ward said.

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had a quick response to Ward's question.

"We all know the answer to that one," he said Wednesday. :rofl2:

Psycho Ward 86
11-25-2010, 05:22 PM
LMFAO, Ben just spit out the perfect answer...

BnG_Hevn
11-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Yeah, saying it without saying it. :)

Count Steeler
11-25-2010, 06:14 PM
I'm glad to see our guys are getting united. Hope Ben really steps up now and takes this team to where it belongs, to the SB, one more time.

ALLD
11-25-2010, 06:22 PM
Also, the h2h hits on Ward and Wallace by the Pats were never ever even mentioned anywhere. I am watching the Saints h2h the Cowboys and the announcers aren't mentioning it. I guess h2h or the inention of h2h even though Clark never used his helmet, is being penalized if it's done by a Steeler.

Anybody else gets a free pass.

Count Steeler
11-25-2010, 06:28 PM
Time to let this go. It seems to have focused the Steelers and they are coming together because of it. Now let the league do what it wants, we just want to win. Let's be the class organization that everyone is so jealous of, and just go out on the field and prove it, week in and week out.

st33lersguy
11-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Don't forget Mr. I can't make a decision

#1Steelersbabe
11-25-2010, 09:15 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c66298/article/ward-would-seymour-punishment-be-same-if-he-hit-another-qb

Ward: Would Seymour punishment be same if he hit another QB?

Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin refused to criticize the NFL on Tuesday, one day after it fined but didn't suspend Oakland Raiders defensive end Richard Seymour for his after-the-play swing at quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. Then Tomlin urged his team to move forward.

Tomlin's star receiver, Hines Ward, either didn't listen or didn't hear. During his weekly show Tuesday night on WDVE-AM, Ward questioned why Seymour wasn't suspended, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

The NFL fined Seymour $25,000 on Monday, but Ward wondered whether or not the league would have handed down a harsher penalty if a quarterback with more star power, like New England's Tom Brady or Indianapolis' Peyton Manning, was the target.

"That's my beliefs, and I wanted to put my beliefs on my radio show," Ward said.

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had a quick response to Ward's question.

"We all know the answer to that one," he said Wednesday. :rofl2:

Yes we all know the answer to that question!! Hell yeah

Steeldude
11-26-2010, 06:39 AM
or what if harrison punched any player in the NFL? he would probably get a $100,000 fine and suspended for at least 4 games.