PDA

View Full Version : Rookie WRs are wearing hats well

stillers4me
11-25-2010, 07:07 AM
Thursday, November 25, 2010
By Gene Collier, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Near as I can tell, depending on the week and the working phraseology of their head coach, Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown compete intensely with each other for either a hat or a bone.

Mike Tomlin usually says his precocious rookie receivers ultimately determine who gets a hat, the current nomenclature that means a helmet on game day, but after both got a hat for Sunday's splattering of the Oakland Raiders, Tomlin described their on-going tussle over playing time as "two dogs, one bone."

So before whatever it is that these young wideouts are after changes within the Tomlin glossary to some other random unrelated noun, we ought to point out that there's only one dog in this week's fight. Brown has some knee swelling, so it's likely only Sanders will dress at Buffalo. But while there's plenty for which any team in the NFL with a 7-3 record has to be thankful, the Steelers should not underestimate the blessing that Brown and Sanders have been.

Read more: http://postgazette.com/pg/10329/1106026-150.stm#ixzz16IboBzcx

GBMelBlount
11-25-2010, 08:04 AM
Nice read!

With Santonio gone & Hines in the twilight of his career it is great to know that in addition to Wallace we have to promising rookie receivers developing fairly quickly.

Slanted August
11-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Please Oh Please use Sanders as a poor man's Welker. The kid can not be covered. I always wished that they used Stephan this way but maybe there was a good reason why BA would not use him in this role.

steeldawg
11-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Please Oh Please use Sanders as a poor man's Welker. The kid can not be covered. I always wished that they used Stephan this way but maybe there was a good reason why BA would not use him in this role.

I dont think he is a good enough route runner yet for that role. He is very talented and can develope into that but its probably too soon for him to be a welker like reciever.

RushHard34
11-25-2010, 12:48 PM
I dont think he is a good enough route runner yet for that role. He is very talented and can develope into that but its probably too soon for him to be a welker like reciever.

Don't need to be a good route runner when you're only running slants....

steeldawg
11-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Don't need to be a good route runner when you're only running slants....

Of course you do thats why wes welker is who he is. If it was so easy every team would have a wes welker.

Psycho Ward 86
11-25-2010, 07:54 PM
Brown had arguably the best hands of all the receivers in this years draft. We I'm really excited to have Wallace, Sanders, and Brown as the future of our WR corp.

Galax Steeler
11-26-2010, 06:00 AM
I like what I am hearing and seeing from our receivers we should be good to go for years to come.

HometownGal
11-26-2010, 06:20 AM
Nice read!

With Santonio gone & Hines in the twilight of his career it is great to know that in addition to Wallace we have to promising rookie receivers developing fairly quickly.

This. ^^

I have been quite impressed by both Sanders and Brown in their rookie debuts and it will make the Hines retirement transition (whenever it comes) a little easier to bear.