PDA

View Full Version : On the Steelers: Players: Seymour got off too light

stillers4me
11-25-2010, 07:04 AM
Thursday, November 25, 2010
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Matt Freed/Post-Gazette

What if it were Peyton Manning or Tom Brady that Richard Seymour sucker-punched Sunday instead of Ben Roethlisberger? It's a one-way debate his Steelers teammates have had since they returned to practice Wednesday.

Seymour was kicked from the game and fined $25,000.

"It would have been a little more," Antwaan Randle El said. "Or if one of our guys did it, there would have been more."

Read more: http://postgazette.com/pg/10329/1106031-66.stm#ixzz16IafF2te

st33lersguy
11-25-2010, 08:30 AM
$200,000 and 2 games would be appropriate if James Harrison gets fined $75,000 for a clean hit during the play

ALLD
11-25-2010, 09:14 AM
"The veil of hypocracy has been lifted". The league is out to screw the Steelers. Anybody that wants to cheap shot a Steeler player will get off lightly. That's the message I get from from this punishment.

T&B fan
11-25-2010, 09:24 AM
I hope in the new CBA we get 6 former players from the last few yrs ( 5 or less ), given the power to rule on fines for hits, 3 from the O and 3 from the D.. maybe a QB ,WR , LB, SS. CB, and a TE . you could even go as far as make them 3 from the AFC and 3 from the NFC ,

zulater
11-25-2010, 09:26 AM
If James Harrison had done that to Brady, Goodell would have had Federal Marshals helicoptered in to take James into custody before the final gun sounded.

Akagi
11-25-2010, 09:48 AM
Shrug. Like Ed Bouchette wrote elsewhere, the price of a free slug to the quarterback has been set at $25000. If you have the money, and want to take the shot, now you know what it costs.

Act accordingly.

BigNastyDefense
11-25-2010, 10:05 AM
Shrug. Like Ed Bouchette wrote elsewhere, the price of a free slug to the quarterback has been set at $25000. If you have the money, and want to take the shot, now you know what it costs.

Act accordingly.

Exactly. Hell, I would say activate someone who normally sits and let him take the cheap shot, preferably against Brady in the Playoffs or Palmer when we play the Bungals (just because I hate them).

Galax Steeler
11-26-2010, 06:39 AM
I think he got off to light as well you fine the hell out of someone with a clean hit and turn around and slap someone else on the wrist for something he done on purpose. Goodell must go down before he ruins the game of football.

Texasteel
11-26-2010, 09:20 AM
I think he got off to light as well you fine the hell out of someone with a clean hit and turn around and slap someone else on the wrist for something he done on purpose. Goodell must go down before he ruins the game of football.

Call me what ever you want, but I do feel there is a bias against the Steeler, and I think GODell is a part of it. IMO the weasel we not so lovingly call commissioner, is picking and choosing his harshest punishments. The fact that he puts heavy fines against clean, but hard, hits, and lets a little coward like Seymour get away with such a cheap and illegal shot, I think, proves this. It may draw the applaud of some players and writers that are suffering from Steeler Envy, but it is hardly fair. IMO, GODell is a bigger slim bag, and coward than Seymour.

SteelerFanInStl
11-26-2010, 10:27 AM

Act accordingly.

Actually it's not even that high if you're not a repeat offender.