PDA

View Full Version : Adams serves as stabilizing influence

Galax Steeler
11-25-2010, 05:59 AM
Less than an hour before a recent Steelers practice, Flozell Adams is sacked out in front of his locker.

A do not disturb sign is hardly necessary considering that the hulking lineman does not readily grant interviews when he is awake.

"Sometimes when an old dog sits on the porch, he just wants to be left alone," Willie Colon, two lockers away, says with a smile. "Right now, he just wants to be left alone, so heed the warning."

Read more:http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_710912.html

Akagi
11-25-2010, 09:51 AM
He has the best qualification to be a Steeler... a burning desire to wear a Super Bowl ring. Amazing that he never had a chance with the Cowboys, all Cowboys hate aside. That team should have been really good. Too many stars looking at themselves playing on the Jumbotron.

BPS3akaWirels3
11-25-2010, 10:19 AM
Anyone notice we are not seeing all the false starters this big guy was known for coming over from the Cowgirls?? Seems he is now with a better coaching staff.. That stopped after the first couple of games..

HollywoodSteel
11-25-2010, 11:49 AM
The obvious thing to me, and something not mentioned in the article, is the loss of hearing in his right ear. On the left side, he couldn't hear QB so well. On the right side the problem isn't that bad.

zulater
11-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Sorry but I'm not buying. While it's true Flozell was a good signing from the standpoint of we had no one better once Colon was put on IR. I still think at best he's been a marginal performer. It doesn't go unnoticed by me that Heath Miller is being asked to stay in the backfield and block on many if not most passing downs, particualry inside the redzone. Now obviously that doesn't all fall on Flozell, our right guard's have been trouble all year, but he's been part of it. I don't think it's difficult at all to see why the Cowboys parted ways with Flozell.

SteelTheOne
11-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Excellent post. He is ok on an ok line.

Merchant
11-25-2010, 10:35 PM
I don't know why but I really want to get this guy that ring.