PDA

View Full Version : Pirates complete Hurdle's coaching staff

BPS3akaWirels3
11-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Pirates complete Hurdle's coaching staff
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Dejan Kovacevic, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The Pirates completed new manager Clint Hurdle's staff with the additions of first base coach Luis Silverio, bullpen coach Euclides Rojas, general coach Mark Strittmatter and bullpen catcher Heberto Andrade.
They will join bench coach Jeff Banister, pitching coach Ray Searage, hitting coach Gregg Ritchie and third base coach Nick Leyva, who also will serve as infield instructor. Those four additions were reported Sunday by the Post-Gazette.
"We are pleased to have assembled the coaching staff, as I am confident in the skill sets these men bring to our team, as well as the quality of individuals professionally and personally," Hurdle said in a statement. "Their character, integrity and respect for the tradition of the Pirates, combined with their intensity and passion for teaching will have an immediate impact on our ballclub. They will also challenge and sharpen me to become the best manager I can be for our organization and team."
Silverio, 54, spent the past 35 years in the Kansas City organization, most recently as the Royals' minor-league outfield coordinator. He will serve as the Pirates' outfield and baserunning coach.
Rojas, 43, was the Pirates' Latin American field coordinator since 2005. He spent 2003-04 as the Boston Red Sox's bullpen coach.

Read more: http://www.postgazette.com/pg/10328/1105885-100.stm#ixzz16E4cbufz

P.S. No negative comments from XT.... :chuckle:

steelpride12
11-24-2010, 01:06 PM
Starting fresh that's what I like to see. Just being positive right now that Hurdle will make some positive changes in the future and this season! And X-T will here soon enough.

X-Terminator
11-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Let's see...a guy from the Royals (losing organization), a guy from the organization I've never heard of (Rojas) and a couple of other no-names, to go along with Searage (who actually did a half-decent job as pitching coach), Ritchie (who?), Banister and Leyva. Not exactly a staff to feel confidence in. Oh well, at least you'll get some emotion out of Hurdle. Wins...well, that's another story.